Ferris wheel

Fate

 

BAEKHYUN
 
We walked side by side amidst the sea of people. I stole a glance at her. She was beautiful. Her hair cascaded down her shoulders. Her cheeks, a pastel pink against her fair skin, her ruby lips like a budding rose,  her eyes a mesmerizing brown colour. I could stare in it forever if she would ever allow me to. 
 
"Yes?" Her eyes locked into mine, a playful twinkle in those orbs, as if she could see right through my thoughts.
 
"Uhhh... Nothing." I muttered as I turned away, feeling my cheeks turn a tomato red. 
 
She laughed, tilting her head back slightly. "Really nothing?" 
 
I laughed nervously,"no, I mean yes. I was...uh gonna ask you whether you wanted to go play any rides since Kai and Sooyeon are queuing for the rollercoaster. I believe they would take a while."
 
Kamin nodded as she looked around. "Hmmm. Anywhere you want to go?" 
 
I shook my head,"you choose."
 
She smiled shyly as she gestured to the colossal ferris wheel staring down at us. She pointed to the very top,"this one. Is the ferris wheel alright with you?" 
 
Of course. Anything is alright with you. "Yeah, sure. Who doesn't like the ferris wheel... Let's go then. " I grinned.
 
She gave me a seraphic smile before she pulled my hand along as she ran for the queue. My heart did a little dance, pounding steadily on. No girl had ever made me feel...like this. Is this really love at first sight? Kamin ssi, you make me fall for you too easily.
 
____in the two-seater cabin of the ferris wheel.
 
The two of us sat opposite each other, an atmosphere of silence hanging over us. Kamin looked down from the windows of the cabin, her eyes shining with childlike innocence.
 
 Silence hung over us as the ferris wheel continued moving up. Only the soft creaking of the ferris wheel could be heard, with the sound of distant screaming. I looked out of the window, trying to hide the awkwardness I felt. Byun Baekhyun, come on. Say something already. You are not called the flirty one for nothing.
 
"Ah! We are at the top, Baekhyun-ssi. Come and look. We have a bird's eye view of the whole theme park! " Kamin squealed, breaking the silence.
 
I peered out of the window,shifting to the seat just beside her, nodding in agreement. "There is the Viking ship, the UFO..." I pointed out to her," oh and the rollercoaster. I bet those two screaming their heads off must be Kai and Sooyeon." From where we were, I could roughly make out the two of them throwing their hands up in glee as the rollercoaster zoomed down the steep gradient of the tracks.
 
She laughed, her laughter bouncing off the pink pastel walls of the cabin. "Yeah. They must be having a whale of a time." 
 
"And what are we?"
 
"We are at the top of the world." she smiled, spreading her hands out.
 
"Isn't it beautiful?" she sighed contentedly before facing me. 
 
"Not as beautiful as you." I murmured. 
 
"hmm?" she asked. 
 
"Do you like the ferris wheel a lot, Kamin-ssi?"  I changed the topic. 
 
"yeah..." Kamin's voice softened, now traced with sadness. "It holds many significant memories. Its my favorite ride and I used to come here very often as a child with my parents but..." her eyes gleamed with tears which she wiped away hurriedly. 
 
"I am sorry" I whispered, "I am sorry to have asked." 
 
 
She shook her head, her long ponytail swishing along. "It's okay." She smiled sadly. I didn't know she had such a sad past. She really is strong. I looked at her with admiration. 
 
 
"Kamin-ssi, don't feel sad because there will always be other people beside you to love and care for you." I gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. Her eyes met mine.
 
"Thank you, Baekhyun-ssi." A small smile crept onto her lips.
 
"Are you okay now?" 
 
"Don't worry, I am fine. I suppose I have gotten used to it. Besides, I have Sooyeon with me. She is like a best friend and a sister to me so I still have company." she said.
 
"Okay then. I wouldn't have to offer my services for companionship then." I joked.
 
She simply smiled before she looked out of the glass windows again. 
 
 
The sky was a pale blue fading into dark starry blue as the curtains of night slowly fell. The stars slowly became visible as it stood out against the dark blue background. The theme park gradually lit up, permutations of colors shining in the night.
 
"Oh! It's 6:00 pm already!" She glanced out of the window, pressing her hands against the cool windows.
 
"Mm?" I stared out before an explosion of colors filled the skies. 
 
"Fireworks!" She laughed a tinkling laughter.
 
I grinned as the both of us stared out of the window. Blue. Red. Golden. Then green. Fireworks are rather romantic, aren't they for couples? I bit my lip, resisting the urge to glance at her. Not too desperate,not too desperate. Keep calm and stay cool. I whispered silently to myself. A step at a time, a step at a time. 
 
________
 
"please make your way out of the Ferris wheel cabin and please exit from the right."
 
"Touch down..." I stretched my arms, stifling a yawn. 
 
"You must have been bored to death, Baekhyun-ssi." Kamin nudged me gently before she walked ahead. 
 
"No no. Not at all. I would never be bored with you around." I exclaimed dramatically. 
 
She held her hands out, looking quizzically at the sky.
 
"Hey... You didn't hear me." I frowned.
 
"Look," she spoke as she pointed towards the sky. 
 
"What? An angel? I think you are looking at the wrong direction." 
 
She shook her head,"cumulonimbus clouds. It's gonna rain." Just as she said that, a raindrop fell on her outstretched hand.
 
"Oh my gosh! It's raining really heavily." Kamin shouted as more droplets of rain fell down, drenching us both. 
 
"Your clothes!" I exclaimed as raindrops fell on her bare shoulders.
 
"It's okay... Baekhyun ah, let's just find a shelter." She shouted over the pouring rain. 
 
"No, you will catch a cold if you get drenched. And you are already drenched.Come here." I took off my jacket, putting it round her shoulders.
 
"Wait, no. You will get drenched too."
 
"Kamin! Don't argue with me please. This is what a guy should do." 
 
"No, come here." She pulled me as she held the jacket just above our heads,"this way you wouldn't get wet." She smiled slightly.
 
"Neh... I will hold it." I grinned, my heart battering against my chest, realizing how close we were,"let's go. Be careful not to slip though I will still catch you." I winked. Our shoulders were touching as we walked side by side, huddling underneath the jacket together. For once, I am glad that my jacket was small. I smiled, chuckling to myself.
 
"What?" She looked at me, her eyes shimmering with curiosity. 
 
"Nothing. I just like being with you." I grinned as we advanced towards the nearest burger shack.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*********************************
hey guys! I am back! Hope you guys like the chappie~