y love

Fate

 

"Gosh, do you guys always make plans?" Kamin exclaimed as she met Baekhyun and Kai outside their room with Sooyeon by her side.
 
Well, what can I say? I can't seem to live a day without thinking of you. Baekhyun silently thought to himself as he simply smiled at her.
 
"Yup." Sooyeon replied instead,"we are going to have lots of fun today." 
 
"Totally." Kai replied.
 
"So...where are we going?" Kamin asked. 
 
"The karaoke." Sooyeon beamed,"you wouldn't mind right, Kamin? You can sing well, after all." 
 
"You can sing?" Baekhyun asked, clearly amazed. 
 
"What?" Kamin lifted a perfectly arched eyebrow,"you think I can't sing?" She smiled slyly,"you will find out later anyway. Let's go!" Slinging an arm into Sooyeon's, the two girls rushed towards the karaoke room with the boys walking in their wake.
 
"Come on, Kai. We'd better go in case they lock us out or something." Baekhyun said. 
_____
 
"Oh my gosh, look at this, guys!" Sooyeon squealed as she stepped into the private karaoke room they were led to. The room was big, big enough to house ten people inside. There was a huge television screen in front of plush sofas which stretched from wall to wall. A small disco ball hung above their heads, accompanied by the many lights. Kamin plopped herself down on the sofa, its smooth velvety texture and coolness of the fabric. 
 
"Woah, check this out." Kai came into the room with Baekhyun. The two boys looked around the room approvingly.
 
"This is fit for the king." Kai gave a satisfied smile as he settled down on the sofa, a respectable distance away from Kamin. 
 
"And the queen." Sooyeon's face lit up as she fiddled with the remotes. "Oh my goodness. This is awesome. It has so many songs. We could sing all day!" 
 
"Wow," Kamin exclaimed to herself,"Korean, English, japanese songs..." 
 
"Woah, there is even a free flow of drinks here and food..." Kai trailed off as he gulped down a glass of coke,"refreshing." It was indeed fit for the royals with a snack bar and a drink machine with coke, sprite, ice lemon tea, peach tea...even bubble tea, surprisingly. 
 
 
Baekhyun sat down beside Kamin, doing nothing but gaze intently at her. Her long hair fell over her small face and he could only see a glimpse of milky skin and those rose red lips. She suddenly turned towards him, startling him. 
 
"Baekhyun ah, do you have any song request? You can sing first. I am gonna get some drinks." Kamin smiled as she got up from the sofa and walked towards the drink machine. She turned back suddenly,"oh and do you want anything? I can get it for you." 
 
"How nice of you, Kamin." Baekhyun chuckled,"never mind, I will go get it myself." They walked silently towards the drink machine.
 
"What drink do you like?" Baekhyun asked as he took two empty cups from the side.
 
"Peach tea." Kamin replied, taking the cup from Baekhyun's hand. The slight skinship made Baekhyun shiver slightly. 
 
"What about you?" Kamin asked as she took a dainty sip of the peach tea, giving a satisfied smile. 
 
"Same." He grinned,"cause its sweet." 
 
"So you like sweet stuff, huh?" Kamin said.
 
"Yeah. You're sweet." Baekhyun nudged her playfully.
 
"Aish, you flirty guy." Kamin rolled her eyes though there was a faint blush on her cheeks.
 
"Hey, you two! Come on, Sooyeon is gonna sing for us." Kai hollered as he clapped his hands in glee,"she is dancing too." 
 
Kamin and Baekhyun made their way over swiftly, excited. 
 
"What song is she singing? You look really happy." Baekhyun asked. Kai never looked that happy unless...
 
"Bubble pop." Sooyeon muttered,"he forced me to. I still have to dance." 
 
Kamin laughed, her laughter reverberating around the room. "Good luck, Sooyeon. I am excited too." Kamin giggled uncontrollably as the music started, the speakers booming the catchy tune of Hyuna's bubble pop. 
 
"Bubble pop!" Sooyeon started singing, her eyes determined. She was gonna impress them, she could do this.
 
Kai's jaw dropped as Sooyeon started dancing. She was amazing. Her body moved in sync to the rhythm and she did the body waves perfectly, showing off her flexibility. Sooyeon caught him staring at her with his mouth agape and she simply smirked as she advanced towards him, flirting with her cute moves. 
 
Baekhyun and Kamin stood by the side watching, clapping along. Baekhyun howled with laughter as Kai sat motionless when Sooyeon danced right in front of him. Oh boy, Kai is mesmerized. Kamin, herself was amazed. She never knew Sooyeon could dance this well and be...y. She was cute but this y side had never shown.
 
As Kai finally composed himself, his lips curved to form a sly smile as he stood up and danced alongside Sooyeon. As the music faded off, a round of applause was heard, with howls and whistles from mainly Kai. 
 
"I was great, right?" Sooyeon winked.
 
"Totally," Kai agreed without any hesitation, looking at Sooyeon with newfound admiration.
 
"Anyways, Kamin ah! It's your turn." Sooyeon called out.
 
"What about you sing with Baekhyun? Sooyeon and I kinda did a duet already." Kai added. Sooyeon nodded approvingly,"yeah. That would be nice." 
 
"Baekhyun can sing too." Kai chimed as he gulped down a mouthful of coke.
 
"Why not? I see no reason to reject that rather interesting offer." Kamin stood up, her eyes gleaming with confidence.
 
Baekhyun stood up as well,"sure. I would be more than willing to. What song shall we sing?" 
 
Sooyeon flashed a sly smile,"y love. You know the song right?" 
 
Kamin secretly shot Sooyeon a death glare, only to have Sooyeon grinning back at her like a Cheshire Cat. 
 
Baekhyun tilted his head back and gave a hearty laugh,"challenge accepted." Kamin simply nodded as she held on to the mic. 
 
Silence.
 
And the music started, filling the whole karaoke room with its melody. 
 
"My y love..." Baekhyun started. Kamin was surprised. He sang...well. His voice was soothing and gentle.
 
 
 
"She makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up
Just one touch
And I erupt like a volcano and cover her with my love
Baby girl you make me say."
 
Baekhyun's lips formed a smile as he began to relax. His lean muscular body began to move with the music and letting his heart taking over, he inched towards Kamin.
 
"And I just can't think of anything else I'd rather do
Than to hear you sing ,sing my name the way you do
When we do our thing ,when we do the things we do
Baby girl you make me say" 
 
Kamin was mesmerized by his voice; his voice was like an angel's, enchanting and melodious.  She joined in for the chorus with her steady and mellifluous voice. Deep inside, she felt something she had never felt before.Their voices blended with each other, forming a perfect harmony. Kai and Sooyeon nudged each other excitedly as they stared at the two older ones. They knew those two had the chemistry and there were definitely sparks.
 
"y love girl the things you do
Keep me sprung, keep running back to you
Oh I love making love to you
Baby girl you know you're my y love..."
 
Kamin smiled a genuine smile as she sang. Both Kamin and Baekhyun were putting their heart and soul into the song, their voices melting together. Their eyes were twinkling with pure happiness and in their eyes, they only had the other. 
 
"Oh baby what we do it makes the sun come up
Keep on lovin' 'til it goes back down
And I don't know what I'd do if I would lose your touch
That's why I'm always keepin' you around... my y love."
 
Baekhyun's eye smile was visible and he gazed intently into Kamin's eyes. He felt sparks flying and all he could think of was how lovely Kamin's voice sounded. She sang like a angel and made him feel lightheaded. As he slowly walked towards her, he felt no resistance from her. For a moment, he thought there might even be the slightest chance that she liked him. 
As they sang, Baekhyun was consciously aware of the close proximity between him and Kamin. He liked it. He could faintly make out her scent, one that smelt like roses and vanilla and all things nice. He could see the faint blush that colored her cheek and her beautiful almond-shaped eyes. 
 
 
"She makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Just one touch..."  Baekhyun's smooth and gentle voice with Kamin's sweet voice harmonized to produce a perfect chord which resounded through the room. The air fizzed with a sort of pleasurable atmosphere, one romantic yet serious as Baekhyun and Kamin held their gaze despite the silence which hung over the room. Their intent gaze was broken off by the standing ovation and huge round of applause which emanated from Kai and Sooyeon.
 
Kamin retreated back to her seat. She could still feel her heart thumping and adrenaline rushing through her whole body. She could not stop replaying the moment when she and Baekhyun had sung together. It was magical. Kamin ran her fingers through her silky hair. She could feel blood rushing to her cheeks when she stole a glance at Baekhyun. He met her eyes and gave a smile. 
 
Kamin could not help but think how that smile made her heart beat faster.