Coming clean

Fate

 

When Kamin awoke, she felt a hot towel on her forehead. She pressed her hand on the hot towel, almost taking it off before she felt another hand on hers. 
 
"Don't take it off." She heard Baekhyun's voice. She rubbed her bleary eyes,"Baekhyun? You are still here?" 
 
"Yes, I am still here. Your fever has subsided but just in case it comes back, I stuck around. Besides, Kai and Sooyeon are still not back yet."
 
"What time is it?" 
 
"Around 11pm. We came back at around 10:30pm. Don't worry, you didn't sleep that long. And you still look beautiful, just like sleeping beauty." Baekhyun sat down on her bed, just beside her.
 
"Aish, Baekhyun. You think too highly of me,"Kamin said faintly,"you speak of me as if I am the prettiest woman on this planet." 
 
"Well, in my eyes, you are." Baekhyun blushed.
 
Kamin blushed as well, restoring a bit of colour in her cheeks. "Even like this?"
 
Baekhyun nodded solemnly,"even like this." 
 
"Baekhyun," Kamin turned to look at him,"you are the first guy to see me in this state where I look pale and haggard and so pathetic."
 
"And...?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"You still think I am beautiful." Kamin blushed, lowering her eyelashes in embarrassment. Baekhyun simply gazed at her.
 
Kamin looked at the ceiling silently before she took a deep breath. "Baekhyun, thank you. Though I may be rolling my eyes at your comments or anything, I am glad to have met someone like you and I thank you for all you have done for me. Be it the simple gesture of sharing your jacket with me when it was raining or saving me at the haunted house or even carrying me back up to the room, I am grateful and happy that you would do so much for me. "
 
Baekhyun smiled, his eye smile more obvious than ever.
 
"And I know you like flirting with me." Kamin grinned.
 
Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly,"well, I... I want to clarify that." 
 
Kamin looked at him inquisitively,"hmm?"  
 
"I know all three of you think I am flirty. Well, I am not. I was. Emphasis on the past tense. I used to flirt around but after I met you, things have changed. All I have said to you is true, I swear." Baekhyun said seriously.
 
Kamin nodded before shifting uneasily.
 
"You okay?" Baekhyun leaned forward to feel her forehead. "No fever though."
 
Kamin shook her head," I am fine. Baekhyun, thank you for caring so much for me. Its funny that we have only met for a few days. I think this is only the forth day of the cruise." 
 
Baekhyun nodded,"and there are only 8 days on this cruise ship." He sighed.
 
"Are you gonna miss me?" Kamin smiled, nudging him.
 
"Ah, are you trying to flirt with me?" Baekhyun teased.
 
"You said you weren't flirting with me since the time we met so why should I be flirting with you?" Kamin grinned. 
 
Baekhyun grinned back,"of course. I will miss you, a lot." Baekhyun admitted.
 
"I will miss you too. And Kai. You guys were great fun and I had so much fun spending time with the two of you." Kamin said. A little part of her felt sad that this cruise was gonna end soon.
 
"But hey, we can still meet up after this cruise. But first, I don't have your phone number." Baekhyun took out his phone. 
 
"Me too. Here, lets exchange numbers now." Kamin beamed as she whipped out her phone. After exchanging numbers, each of them looked at the new contact saved in their contact list.
 
"Wonderful. Now, I can call you whenever I want to." Baekhyun grinned cheekily.
 
"I will be available anytime." Kamin played along. She beamed happily. 
 
"I think we have gotten closer, huh." Baekhyun said. Kamin nodded,"totally. It's more comfortable around you too." 
 
"Since we are closer now, I think I can tell you about the haunted house." Baekhyun rubbed his hands together,"actually, for the haunted house, I knew you were scared from the very start but I left you there since you were acting all so tough about it." 
 
Kamin pretended to be outraged,"and you left me alone?!"
 
"Well, I saved you in the end, didn't I?" Baekhyun retorted.
 
"Hmmm, that's true." Kamin pretended to think," I forgive you then." They laughed.
 
All of a sudden, the door flung open. The two of them glanced towards the door, finding Sooyeon walking in. 
 
"Where were you?" Kamin questioned, a frown on her face.
 
"Sorry, Kai and I were...uhhh...dancing." Sooyeon mumbled before diverting the topic quickly,"Baekhyun oppa? Why are you here?"
 
"Kamin almost fainted down there. She was running a fever but now, it has subsided." Baekhyun spoke, taking the towel off Kamin's forehead. "She should be okay now." 
 
"Oh my, Kamin. I am so sorry. I was kinda caught up with all that partying and clubbing. Sorry." Sooyeon shuffled her feet. 
 
Kamin shook her head disapprovingly,"never mind. It was lucky that Baekhyun was there or I would have died and be left there all alone." Kamin half-joked.
 
Baekhyun smiled warmly at her,"Kamin ah, I think I will go back to my room now since Sooyeon has arrived. See you tomorrow then." 
 
"See you." Kamin waved. 
 
"Bye." Sooyeon called after him. 
 
"And now, what exactly were you doing just now? " Kamin questioned Sooyeon who gulped. 
 
"Okay..."Sooyeon started,"Kai and I...were really dancing and then..."
 
"Then?" Kamin pressed.
 
"He..."Sooyeon blushed,"he confessed to me and asked me whether we could, you know, date." 
 
Kamin gasped,"oh my gosh and what did you say?" 
 
"Yes!"