Two of us

Fate

 

Chapter 5: Bonding
 
"Kamin ah... Let's go out for a day. I beg you," Sooyeon tugged at her sleeve as she pranced along the hallway, pointing to the pamphlet pasted on the wall. "Come on... We should have some fun right? I mean... We can't just," Sooyeon lowered her voice,"spend our 8 days finding the crystal." 
 
Kamin rolled her eyes as she walked on. She was determined to find that crystal and she had to find it before the last day. Her worry of not finding the crystal apparently overwrote the fun element in this cruise. 
 
"Kamin..." Sooyeon skidded to a stop in front of her,blocking her from moving forward. "Don't you remember the times last time? You used to love the UFO. A lot." Sooyeon emphasized on the "love" word. "And the carousel, the flying swing things and even the pirate ship!" Sooyeon rattled on while Kamin simply stood there silently, tapping her foot on the ground. Well, those rides are fun... But the crystal! Kamin shook her head violently. Must focus. 
 
"Please? I beg you... Just this once?" 
 
"You know your "once" doesn't mean that..."
 
"Aigoo...Kamin ah. Please?" 
 
"No."
 
"Please."
 
"Yeah, please?" Kamin looked up, stunned as she heard a familiar voice. "Jonghyun?" She racked her brains for his name. 
 
He frowned,"Baekhyun. Don't you remember? The one you always fall for?"
 
Kamin laughed weakly,"ha.ha. Not funny."
 
"Come on, we can go out for some fun. No one wants to be a couch potato." Kai appeared from behind Baekhyun's back. 
 
"Exactly! Come on, Kamin. It's three against one now. Don't be a party pooper. "Sooyeon egged on, with Kai and baekhyun nodding beside her.
 
"And besides," Baekhyun whispered in her ear,"you know you want to." a little too close for comfort, my dear Baekhyun. Kamin whispered back as she nudged him on the shoulder a little too hard for how Baekhyun thought she would, much less the strength Baekhyun estimated a girl would even have.
 
 
"You are strong. I like it strong." Baekhyun winked, after having recovered from the nudge. Kamin rolled her eyes, smiling.weird guy. 
 
"Come on, Kamin. Please? Just once. A day for us to bond." Kai pleaded, together with Sooyeon. 
Kamin laughed,"well... I guess it wouldn't hurt?"  Cheers and claps were heard as they made their way towards the theme park.
 
________
 
"This is wonderful. Just look at all the rides!" Sooyeon exclaimed as her eyes surveyed the surroundings. It looked like something that came out of a story book;a pastel colored ferris wheel stood tall, lining the skyline, giggles emitted from a carousel that spun round and round, thrilled screams emanated from the rollercoasters caused one to have those butterflies in the stomach. 
 
Kamin stood awestruck by the sight as her heart trembled. It has been long since she came to a theme park. After all, she didn't exactly get a break from all the missions she had. A slight 'wow' escaped from her lips as she stared at the swings that flew round. She loved that ride. It gave her the sense of freedom and simple joy. Not that she didn't have any freedom, but she often felt bound down by her worries.
 
"Come on, ladies. Don't just stand there looking dumbstruck. Let's go play!" Kai shouted as he ran towards the roller coaster. "Let's try this first." He grinned as he stood in front of the ride. 
 
Kamin shook her head violently. "Oh no... " She stepped back, intimidated. "I don't like rollercoasters. You guys can go first. I will just wait here." 
 
Sooyeon's face fell,"oh right, you don't like rollercoasters. Do you want me to accompany you here while the guys go on it?" 
 
"It's okay. You go. I know you are itching to go on that thing." Kamin gestured to the rollercoaster that sped along the track, her hair blown messy by the wind.
 
Sooyeon's smile widened before giving Kamin a hug,"aww. Thanks, Kamin. Then we will go first?" she glanced at the two boys.
 
"Umm. Actually, I don't like rollercoasters too. Kai, you and Sooyeon can go. I will stay here." Baekhyun mumbled, embarrassed. 
 
What? The coolest guy who rode every rollercoaster in the world doesn't want to come?  Kai shot him a curious glance, raising his eyebrows.
 
Just go. Baekhyun smiled a fleeting smile. Kai shrugged his shoulders before turning back to Sooyeon." Then I guess it's the two of us. Let's go!" Hurriedly, they ran to join the snaking queue.
 
Baekhyun smiled slightly as he turned to Kamin. And I guess that leaves the two of us then. The two of us...