Best things

Fate

 

KAI's pov
 
I went back to the room as soon as mr choi chased me out. What was he going to do with Baekhyun? I can't even bear to think of how Mr Choi would bash Baekhyun up. Aish... Baekhyun never retaliates. He will get hurt like this if it carries on. I just hope that Mr Choi would let him off this time. Mr Choi is seriously scary. I shivered. There were a few occasions where I was beaten up and the pain was unbearable. I could only survive those beatings because Baekhyun helped me out and now, though I want to help him, he wouldn't let me. Why is he like this? I jumped onto the bed, lying my head on the pillow, gazing up at the ceiling.
 
Ring. My phone vibrated and I fished it out of my pocket. 
 
"Hello, oppa? " Sooyeon's sweet voice came on. I sat up immediately, holding the phone to my ear. 
 
"Yes, honey?" 
 
"Pfft. Don't call me that." Sooyeon replied. I laughed. Why was this girl so cute? 
 
"Hmmm,oppa. I am really bored. Can we go out and play? Or do you have any plans with Baekhyun?" 
 
My face fell. Baekhyun. Where is he anyways? 
 
"Uh..." I trailed off. 
 
"If you are busy, its fine. I can just-" 
 
" No, no! I am free. Baekhyun is..." I searched my mind for an answer,"busy. I am in my room. You can come over then." 
 
"Okay!" She chirped. Almost immediately, I heard a knock on the door.
Opening it, Sooyeon leaped into my arms, smiling up at me. "Annyeong." 
 
I chuckled. "Hello." 
 
We sat on the bed, our shoulders touching.
 
"Sooyeon ah." I started,"aren't you puzzled why we are together?" 
 
"What?" She glanced at me. I sighed.
 
"I don't know how I can like you so much. I mean...we just met for a few days and we hardly know each other. "
 
"We can learn about each other in the future. We are together now and I don't think we have to think much about it. All that matters is that we are together and we will still be after this cruise right?" Sooyeon stared up at me with big eyes. I took her hand.
 
"But...what if after this cruise, I am gone?" I thought about mr choi. After this mission, he would immediately assign another task to us and we might even have to go overseas or something.
 
Sooyeon frowned. "Why will you be gone? You aren't playing with me, are you?" 
 
"Of course I am not playing with you." I looked at her, shocked that she would even think that,"I am just saying what if. Or maybe you would find another guy better than me..." 
 
Sooyeon pouted,"well...actually, I don't really have a lot of guy friends. Actually, I don't have a lot of friends to be honest. Kamin and I..." She trailed off,"she is the only friend I have. And you and Baekhyun oppa are my friends too so three friends for me." 
 
"Why?" I frowned, ruffling her hair,"I thought you are the sociable type. You should have lots of friends. Kamin too. I mean...you guys went to school and all. Don't you have friends?" 
 
"I didn't exactly..." Sooyeon scratched her head,"we didn't exactly go to school much." She looked at me, before adding,"as in...uhm. Home tuition. Kamin and I pretty much stick to each other. Though we are not exactly blood related, we are like sisters. Our childhood was spent together." 
 
I nodded, digesting the information. "Sooyeon ah, I am happy that I can be one of your few friends. It makes me feel special." 
 
She giggled,"you are even more special because you are my boyfriend." She planted a swift kiss on my cheek. I blushed. Aish, the thing about me and Sooyeon...
 
"Awww, oppa. You are blushing." Sooyeon laughed,"does my kiss have such a great impact on you?" 
 
"Aish, Sooyeon. Don't tease me." I rolled my eyes though I smiled. Sooyeon, you have no idea. 
 
"Well, you are better than rollercoasters." I grinned. She stuck out her tongue at me. "Rollercoasters?" 
 
"Rollercoasters are like my love. Rollercoasters can make me the most happy. It's like my happy drug. Well, until you came." I chuckled. 
 
"Hmmm." Sooyeon held my hand contentedly,"Oppa,what about you? What about your childhood?" 
 
"Well... My childhood was pretty much like yours, just that I spent it roaming around for quite a while before I met Baekhyun almost three years back." 
 
"Roaming?" 
 
"My parents left me behind when I was young. I don't have a single memory of them." I murmured. It wasn't hard to get along with life. There was no hurt or anything. All that mattered before was getting food and water. The best thing that ever happened was to befriend Baekhyun. He then invited me to work under Mr Choi. 
 
Sooyeon enveloped me in a hug. "It's okay. You have me to remember." I hugged her back. She was the second best thing that came into my life.