Confession

Fate

 

Kamin looked up from her computer, scanning the room. Her eyes widened at the sight of an empty room. Pushing open the bathroom door, she scratched her head in bewilderment. 
 
"Where is she..." Kamin muttered to herself. She vaguely remembered Sooyeon saying she was going out somewhere. Kamin picked up her phone from the bedside table, sending Sooyeon a quick text to ask where she was. 
 
After several minutes, Kamin began to walk up and down her room. Was Sooyeon in danger? Aish, that girl. Forget it, I shall search for her right this instance. 
 
Kamin tied her long silky hair into a loose ponytail as she walked out of her room with a purse in hand. Where would Sooyeon be... Hmmm. 
 
Suddenly, Kamin spotted a familiar figure walking down the hallways. 
 
"Baekhyun!" She called out. The figure froze. Kamin walked up to him as she smoothed down the creases on her shirt. 
 
"Baekhyun, hey-" Kamin stopped in mid-sentence as she looked at Baekhyun's face,"you look..." His face had a few bruises and his mouth was bleeding. 
 
"Terrible, I know." Baekhyun managed a small smile though Kamin could see he was in much pain.
 
"What happened to you?" Kamin looked at him, concerned.
 
"Uh..." Baekhyun's eyes flitted around,"I knocked into something and I fell." 
 
"You fell?" Kamin questioned him suspiciously,"you sure?"
 
"Of course." Baekhyun replied, looking a little nervous though. Kamin, I can't tell you about a mean boss threatening to kill me every time I fail in a mission.
 
"Someone didn't do this?" Kamin asked. Baekhyun gulped.
 
"Kai didn't do this to you?" Kamin asked, her eyes boring into his. 
 
Baekhyun let out a relieved laugh,"how did you even get to that conclusion?" 
 
"I don't know." Kamin shrugged her shoulders,"come on. I think I should tend to those wounds. It isn't good to just leave it like that." She took his arm.
 
Baekhyun winced. Kamin looked down, alarmed. "Your arms...they are bruised too. Come on. I have a first aid kit in my room." Kamin gently led Baekhyun to her room. She settled him down on the edge of the bed before she rummaged through the cupboard for the first aid kit. 
 
Baekhyun looked at her intently. She came to him shortly after with a first aid kit in hand. 
 
"Here, it might hurt a bit." Kamin took a chair from the table and she started to dab at his mouth gently with a cotton bud. Baekhyun looked at her tenderly. Her lips were pursed as she concentrated fully. She used her free hand to wipe away the perspiration on her forehead. 
 
"Does it hurt? I am trying to be as gentle as possible." Kamin asked as she leaned in for a better position to tend to the wound.
 
Baekhyun shook his head slightly, not daring to speak a word because she was so close. He could smell the sweet scent from her and he could see each delicate eyelash which curled up at forty-five degrees perfectly.
 
 Kamin's heart was beating furiously. Baekhyun was so close to her that she could hear his every breath and she could even feel the heat radiating from him. Kamin tried to keep her mind from thinking weird thoughts as she dabbed at the side of his mouth. Aish, Kamin. Control your beating heart. He is just a guy... A guy... Kamin deliberately ignored the small voice that said a guy that you have seemed to have fallen in love with
 
"Okay, moving on to your bruises." Kamin leaned back to get another cotton bud. Baekhyun touched his bruise gingerly. Kamin slapped his arm away,"don't touch it!" 
 
"Ouch." Baekhyun touched the bruises on his arm. 
 
"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I am so sorry!" Kamin jumped up as she held his arm, gazing at the bruises that spotted his arm a bluish-black. I never noticed how muscular his arm was. He must be strong. Kamin caught herself. Aish. Kamin, what are you thinking?!
 
Kamin looked up and found herself looking into Baekhyun's pair of mesmerizing eyes. I could really get lost in your eyes, Kamin. 
 
Kamin allowed herself to stare into his eyes. The longer she looked, she found herself drowning in those pools of black. I would never have thought looking into someone's eyes could become a potential hobby. 
 
A sudden knock on the door broke their intent gaze. Baekhyun coughed awkwardly and Kamin blushed a deep red. "I will go get the door." Kamin shuffled to the door, fanning her cheeks. They were burning. 
 
She opened the door and found Kevin, the host of the couple event standing outside her door.
 
"Hey Kamin. I am Kevin, remember?" He grinned goofily.
 
"Yeah sure. Hello. May I help you?" Kamin replied courteously. 
 
"Well, I was walking around and I found something that's yours." Kevin fished out a small accessory from his jeans' pocket.
 
Kamin's eyes widened,"my couple ring!" She exclaimed. She took the ring from Kevin, smiling from ear to ear. "Thank you so much. I thought I lost it..." Kamin thanked Kevin profusely.
 
"You are very welcome. It's nice to see how happy you are now. It reflects how much you treasure it and how much you treasure your relationship with your boyfriend. And oh! Isn't that Baekhyun in your room?" Kevin waved to Baekhyun cheerily.
 
"Yeah..." Kamin glanced over at Baekhyun, her cheeks turning pink.
 
"Oops. I think I should go. Sorry to have interrupted the two of you." Kevin winked before he walked off. Kamin shut the door and she bounded back to the table. Slipping on the ring, she smiled in satisfaction. It's finally with me again.
 
"Baekhyun, look! I got my ring back." Kamin sat back down on her chair and picked up the cotton bud, dabbing at Baekhyun's bruise near his cheekbones.
 
"You lost it?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Yeah... It dropped somewhere and I couldn't find it. But now that it has returned to me, I am simply over the moon. I really treasure this couple ring because it's a memory of the both of us and one of my happiest ones yet." Kamin murmured absentmindedly. She suddenly caught herself,"I meant-"
 
Baekhyun grabbed her arm before she tried to make up an excuse to run away. She fell forward and her hands rested on Baekhyun's warm chest. "Baekhyun-" she breathed. His hands were wrapped around her waist. She could feel the steady beating of his heart and she looked up at him. 
 
He gazed into her eyes and Kamin felt her heart beating even faster. 
 
"Kamin, don't go." He whispered into her ear, making her shiver slightly. 
 
"I...I..." Kamin looked into his eyes,"I...won't."
 
"Kamin. I don't know about you but I have been keeping something in my heart since the first day of this cruise that I have always wanted to tell you." 
 
"And I think this is the best moment to tell it to you." Baekhyun said.
 
"I fell in love with this girl on the first day of cruise and I told her I would never let her out of my sight. That may have been my flirty side talking about as we grew closer, that side of me vanished because of her. She made me realize what true love was. Kamin, that girl is you. I have fallen madly in love with you. " Baekhyun said sincerely. 
 
"Baekhyun." Kamin whispered as she lowered her eyelashes shyly. Baekhyun felt his heart battering against his chest as he waited for her to speak. 
 
She gazed up to meet his eyes but she did not speak. Instead, she wrapped her arms around his warm neck and her lips met his. It was as if the hands of time stopped and the world revolved only around the two of them. Baekhyun responded to the kiss as his arms tightened around her waist. His hands travelled up from her waist and Baekhyun cupped Kamin's cheeks with his hands and he brushed his lips against Kamin's soft ones. Kamin entangled her long fingers into Baekhyun's hair as she pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. Her heart raced and her eyes fell shut as she savored the sweetness of her very first kiss. She felt him respond to her and in that kiss, she knew he was the one and she had unknowingly fallen in love with him. Out of breath, she pulled back.
 
"That girl has also fallen head over heels in love with you."