Halcyon days

Fate

 

"WHAT?! The two of you are...together?" Sooyeon looked at their intertwined hands, mouth agape. Kai shook his head, a playful smile playing on his lips.
 
"Baekhyun, finally you have her." Kai grinned as Baekhyun nudged him playfully. Kamin blushed as she squeezed Baekhyun's hand.
 
"Kamin, I am so happy for you." Sooyeon smiled softly as she gazed at her best friend. Kamin looked so happy and she was smiling so widely. 
 
"Thanks, Sooyeon." Kamin beamed happily, laying her head on Baekhyun's shoulder.
 
"Woah, this is...a bit strange to see the calm and collected Kamin being all....mushy." Kai shivered. Sooyeon hugged him playfully,"I will keep you warm then." Kai grinned and planted a swift kiss on Sooyeon's cheeks, causing her to blush furiously.
 
"Kamin is definitely not what she seems." Baekhyun laughed,"she is different, I told you." Kamin smiled up at him, holding his hand even more firmly.
 
"Well, it seems like yesterday two couples fell deeply in love and initiated so much skinship." Kai smiled as he wrapped an arm around Sooyeon's waist. 
 
"It's quite unbelievable actually. I mean... Today is the seventh day and we fell in love after only 6 days on this cruise. Dreamcruise probably makes everyone's wishes come true." Sooyeon murmured with a thoughtful look. 
 
"Dreamcruise is nothing like it seems." Baekhyun chipped in and then added,"I mean, who knows? This cruise is not just a cruise, its a place where I found my soul mate." Baekhyun gazed at Kamin who smiled in return. He tucked a strand of flyaway hair behind her ears,"the cruise is where I found you, Kamin." 
 
Kamin smiled, snuggling against his chest,"I found you too. And Sooyeon found her lover as well. This seems like a happy occasion." 
 
"And a happy occasion calls for a celebration." Sooyeon pumped her fist in the air excitedly,"shall we go somewhere to have a bit of fun?" 
 
"I have an excellent idea." Baekhyun winked,"what about reliving the first few moments we spent together at the karaoke?" 
 
The other three nodded in approval and the two couples headed for the karaoke room, hand in hand.
______
 
"I wanna dedicate this song to my beloved boyfriend, Kai. Please enjoy." Sooyeon stepped out, holding the mic in one hand. She looked at Kai, smiling as the first few notes of SNSD's Gee blasted through the speakers. 
 
 
 
 Aha! Listen Boy My First Love Story
My Angel and My Girls
My sunshine
Oh! Oh! let's go!
 
You're so so handsome
My eyes my eyes are blinded
I can't breathe because I'm trembling
 
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
 
Oh I feel so embarrassed
I can't look at you
I feel shy because I've fallen in love
 
Sooyeon danced to the music perfectly and Kai clapped his hands happily as he watched her dance and sing. His lips curved into a genuine smile knowing that she was singing this song for him. As the last note of the song played, the karaoke room was filled with applause, mostly from Kai as he carried Sooyeon up bridal style, twirling her around. 
 
"I love you, Sooyeon ah." He pecked her on the lips. 
 
"I know." Sooyeon returned the kiss willingly. Kai finally let Sooyeon down and Kamin stepped forward. 
 
Baekhyun watched Kamin in anticipation, his hands clasped together as he looked at her with adoration in his eyes. It was evident that he was excited for Kamin's song for him by the twinkle in his eyes and the way his lips could not help but form a wide smile.
 
"Okay. This song will be dedicated to the sweetest and cheesiest boyfriend in the world, Baekhyun," Kamin spoke. Baekhyun smiled even wider as she said his name. He loved how she pronounced his name, her lips forming his name and her voice calling him. 
 
"This song is called Love light." Kamin announced and the sweet melody resonated throughout the room.
 
 when i look at you my face gets red
when i see you my heart goes thump thump
i talk with shyness like a kid
when i look at you i just smile out of nowhere
like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me.
 
Kamin smiled as she gazed into Baekhyun's eyes, singing those words that were true to her heart. She meant every single word she sang. Baekhyun smiled back, feeling blissful inside. His heart was thumping along to the music and he knew this was what she was trying to tell him.
 
you’re a darling
you’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
the shining thing deep inside my heart
my own love light
 
i love you darling
give me light next to me whenever
every night i look at you
and you’re beautiful even when i look at you
you’re my love light
 
when i see you i feel like im up on the clouds
it may be immature but i keep doing this
i think love came to me.
 
Love came to me as well, Kamin ah. Baekhyun smiled goofily at the lyrics, enchanted by Kamin's mellifluous voice. When the last chord of the song echoed around the room, Baekhyun went forward to press a kiss on Kamin's lips.
 
"Liked it?" Kamin asked.
 
"Loved it." Baekhyun grinned.