STFU

WonBee - Just a Bee story

 

I kept bugging him after the teacher was done explaining what we would do today.

 

“Hey, you’ll have to talk to her.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Ask her out on a date.”

 

“What?”

 

“Well, yeah. She’ll be sooooo happy! Seriously, a happy Bee is a very cute sight.”

 

“…”

 

“She’ll jump around and ask me non-stop if this is a dream or not, but yeah, it’s very cute to see. But before that she’ll die.”

 

“Huh?!”

 

“She’ll die. She’ll stare at you for five whole minutes and she’ll be back after a while.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah, oh. But it’s okay, because it’s worth it. After she died and revived, she’ll jump around and ask me if this is a dream. And then she’ll say yes. If she already has something planned, she’ll cancel it so she can go with you. That’s how much she likes you.”

 

“I know.”

 

“She’s so obvious, of course you would know.”

 

“… yeah.”

 

“But she’s my best friend. So it’s okay. She’s Bee, after all.”

 

“Oh yeah, I was wondering. You call her Bee all the time. What’s her real name?”

 

“Bee.”

 

He looked at me with a ¬_¬ face. “I’m serious here. What’s her real name?”

 

“Bee!”

 

“That can’t be. She has to have another name.”

 

“I’m telling you, she’s Bee! Just ask her! Idiot!”

 

“What?!”

 

“Idiot! Or do you need me to tell you in Korean? Babo!”

 

He sighed. “That’s not what I meant. I just want to know her real name. I’m never in the same group as her so I don’t know anything about her, and yet you want me to befriend her…”

 

“And more, if you happen to like her too.”

 

“But I-”

 

“STFU. Like, seriously. You told me you would at least try. Or do you want to break her heart?”

 

I stared at him with sharp, cold eyes. “You know what I’ll do if you ever happen to make her cry.”

 

I sighed and looked at my computer, writing a code so the software I was making would do exactly as the teacher had said. I was typing pretty fast, making Mr. Jerk raise one of his enormous eyebrows – his fangirls would call these the almighty “shibrows” – as he was looking at my fingers flying over the keyboard. “I can’t type as fast as you,” he deplored, making me shrug.

 

“You’re Korean.”

 

“That doesn’t-”

 

“You know Korean, you were used to type on a Korean keyboard. That explains it all. STFU and work now.”

 

I kept on typing as he was trying to understand what we had to do. When he noticed that he didn’t understand anything about codes and stuff, he looked at me, making me sigh in exasperation. “Why are you even here if you don’t know anything about this! Why did you insist to come here in the first place?!”

 

“Well, I…”

 

“Shut the up. Now.”

 

“You told me that you wouldn’t be horrible to me!”

 

“Which is why I’m telling you to shut the up, because I’ll explain this project to you and I won’t repeat it. Listen closely…”

 

I explained him, step by step, how to code the software so it would be just as the teacher wanted it to be. When he looked like he didn’t understand something, I would say it again in different words. I had said I wouldn’t repeat it. I wasn’t repeating it. I was reformulating it.

 

When I was done, class was almost over. But he still had time to start the project and do half of it. I nodded when the bell rang. “I never compliment people, especially the ones I don’t like, but you’re not half bad for someone who never touched a coding software before.”

 

He chuckled. “I had a good teacher. Well then, I guess I should respect my part of the deal?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

We left the class and approached Bee. I breathed deeply. I just hoped that he wouldn’t say anything stupid… and that Bee wouldn’t die from a heart attack.

 

Oh, and also that she wouldn’t kill me for coming back to our bench with her ultimate crush.