Drive me home

WonBee - Just a Bee story

 

“Drive me home.”

 

“Why would I do that?”

 

“Drive me home!”

 

“Why?!”

 

“Because Kyu is gone and you live far from my house.”

 

“Your problem, you know.”

 

“I’ll beat you up if you don’t drive me home.”

 

“… fine, then.”

 

A victory smile appeared on my lips and I did Kyu’s usual finger dance. Mr. Jerk sighed and went to his room to grab a shirt before he came back and grabbed his usual long, chic black coat. “Well then, let’s go, I guess. It’s not like I really have a choice anyways.”

 

“You’d have the choice. But it’s better to make this one.”

 

“Between getting beaten up by a girl and driving her home, the second option is a bit more appealing to me.”

 

“Of course, if Mr. Jerk gets beaten up by a girl, he’ll look weak and sooooo not cool. I’m still wondering why you’re not fighting back.”

 

He looked so scandalized as we were walking to his car. “WHAT?! You want ME to fight back and hit a GIRL?!”

 

I chuckled. “Bee’s still wondering if I really am a girl, y’know. But yeah, I got ‘em ies, so I guess I am. Why wouldn’t you hit me back anyways? I mean, I could beat you to death and you wouldn’t react? That’s stupid. It’s not ‘cause I’m a girl that you have to be gentleman and all this stuff.”

 

“Even without being a gentleman, I wouldn’t hit you back.”

 

“And why is that? Do you think that I’m not worthy of being your opponent?”

 

“… it’s not that. It’s just that… you know, there’s this guy. He’s not that strong but he’s very scary when he’s pissed.”

 

“This guy?”

 

“Yeah, this guy. The gamer guy.”

 

“… are you talking about Kyu?!”

 

“Yeah.”

 

We got into the car and I chuckled. “Wait, Kyu is supposed to be scary?! I… I don’t understand! Kyu is anything but scary!”

 

He started the engine. “Well, he’s scary when he’s pissed. Really scary.”

 

“I’ve seen him reaaaally pissed once, when his sister tried to take one of his video games. And he’s not that scary.”

 

“I’m pretty sure he would be even more pissed if I dared touch his girl.”

 

“Yeah, right. You got a point. His girl probably is much more important than his video games… well, I hope so.”

 

He shrugged. “I guess so. He seemed really pissed once when I told him how I really wanted to hit you.”

 

That seriously made me laugh at him. “Wow, you’re so fail! You really told him that?!”

 

“… yeah.”

 

“Wow. I’m impressed.”

 

“Impressed?”

 

“Yeah, impressed with how stupid you are.”

 

“…”

 

“Hey, don’t worry. I won’t tell Bee. Though she’d probably just laugh and think you’re cute and stuff.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah, oh. And turn right, we’re almost there.”

 

It took only five more minutes for us to be in front of my house. I got out of his car and slightly bowed with an ironic smirk. “Well then, thanks for the ride Mr. Jerk. See you tomorrow. And don’t forget to apologize to Bee.”

 

“… I won’t forget.”

 

He left and I chuckled before going home. My parents didn’t really mind when I came back late, since they knew I would often go to Kyu’s house after school, or stay at school for a project. So I went to bed, and I smiled when I imagined what the day after could be like.