Talking to him

WonBee - Just a Bee story

 

I went to class as if nothing had happened. No teacher and no student dared asking me what had happened for me to be so furious this morning. The rest of the day went by normally, and I joined Kyu to his car after school. “Let’s go.”

 

“Do you really need to do this? I’m scared I’ll find him dead tomorrow.”

 

“He won’t die, don’t worry. Bee would be sad if I killed him.”

 

“That’s not exactly reassuring.”

 

“Okay, okay! I won’t make him bleed too much either. Bee hates blood.”

 

“Not reassuring either!”

 

I had a ¬_¬ face and sighed. “Okay, fine! I won’t beat him up too much! And no, I won’t promise anything more! Just drive me to his house. I’ll find a way to go back home.”

 

He didn’t answer but started the engine. He drove me to Mr. Jerk’s house and I smiled when I saw that this guy’s car was already there, meaning that the guy too was already there. And since there was no other car, I guessed that his parents were not there. I kissed Kyu before getting out of the car and going to the door. I knocked and waited.

 

I heard footsteps inside the house. I heard them stop in front of the door, but the latter didn’t open. I guessed that Mr. Jerk didn’t want to see me. Smirking, I smashed into the door. “Open up, you ing bastard! If you don’t, I’ll find a way into your house and I’ll beat you up. If you open it, I’ll beat you up anyway but I’ll make sure you won’t die. Your choice.”

 

I heard a sigh, before the door slowly, carefully opened. I didn’t wait for it to be fully open though and I kicked it, dashing inside, closing it behind me. Mr. Jerk was half- – he didn’t have a shirt on – and covered with bruises – hehe, my fault. I pushed him hard against the wall and growled. “I have a few words to tell you before you try to see Bee tomorrow.”

 

He opened his mouth to speak, but I didn’t let him start: “Shut the up. First, don’t make her cry ever again. I already told you that but it seems you forgot. Second, you told me you would try. And, from what I could see, you seemed to appreciate her a lot. Don’t make her suffer just because you’re too scared to see you heart get broken. She deserves to be happy and I’ll do anything it takes for that to happen. Even if it means that I have to make everyone else suffer. Third, you will go on a date this weekend. And you’ll bring Kyu and me. If you pay for us, I won’t hit you for a week after that. Fourth, you’ll also go on little dates all week long during lunchtime. You’ll talk to her and you’ll try to learn more about her. Fifth, if you happen to appreciate her more than a friend, you’ll ask her out. No ‘I don’t want to love anyone anymore’ sh*t. Sixth, no ‘I don’t want to break any more heart so I won’t love anyone anymore’ sh*t either. You broke Bee’s heart without going out with her. Seventh, don’t make Bee cry ever again.”

 

“… you said it twice.”

 

“Important things have to be said twice. Just in case.”

 

“But I-”

 

“Shut the up. Let me finish. Eighth, you’ll use the too much money that you have and buy her something to make up for your stupidity. You’ll give her that tomorrow morning when you’ll see her. Ninth, you’ll buy her a lunch tomorrow at lunchtime, also to make up for you being stupid. Tenth, you’ll also buy be my lunch tomorrow at lunchtime. That’s to prevent me from beating you up to death. Deal?”

 

“Why do you keep on wanting me to go out with her?”

 

I sighed and let go of him before walking a bit. “Because she loves you. So much that she would do anything for you. So much that she was asked out by a few guys and always refused because she loves you too much. She looks at you all the time, even more than I look at Kyu, and even more than I ever looked at him. She loves you so much, with all her heart, and her love is so pure. She’s a bit innocent, very sweet, very caring, and she’s the best friend anyone could ever have.”

 

I sighed again. “She managed to stay my friend though I have a horrible personality. She helped Kyu and I making up whenever we would go into a fight. And she can’t even be happy herself because she always thought you were an unreachable person. So, when you talked to her for the first time, she was very, very happy. When she looks at you, her eyes sparkle with happiness and love. She thinks about you all the time and she keeps on hoping. I just want her to be happy, you know. And I know you could end up liking, or even loving her. She’s one of a kind, you know.”

 

“I know.”

 

I stopped walking and stared at him. “Then, you know why she’s my best friend. You also know why I want her to be happy. Because she deserves it.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Then why did you tell her that?! Why did you tell her that you wouldn’t go out with her? Why?!”

 

He looked away. “I don’t want her to get hurt…”

 

“You hurt her by saying th-”

 

“Let me finish, okay?” he suddenly cut me, making me growl. But I stayed silent, and he sighed. “I don’t want her to get hurt. If we go out, the other girls will hate her. Just hatred can’t really do anything to a strong girl like her, but you never know. They could attack her. They could make her suffer for being with me.”

 

“Are you saying that you’re O so popular that any girl would want to date you and would get jealous of the lucky one who’d have you as a boyfriend?”

 

“No, but-”

 

“Then what you’re trying to say is pointless. You ing idiot. They won’t do anything to her because I’m always with her anyways. And the rest of the time, you will be with her. So she’ll be safe. And, if anyone tried to hurt her or manages to do it, they’ll die. By my hand.”

 

“…”

 

“You see, you don’t have any reason not to love her. So try, okay? Just try. I know you really appreciate her. You smile differently when she’s around. You don’t have your usual fake smile.”

 

“…”

 

“Try and, if you really can’t like her more than a friend, I’ll let this go and I’ll comfort Bee and let you live your life. But if you like, please, PLEASE tell her and start dating her. Okay? It’s a deal?”

 

He sighed. “… fine. Okay. It’s a deal.”