Manipulation

WonBee - Just a Bee story

 

Monday morning, day D2. Art, beetic (that’s a computer class), French, lunchtime, English, ECR. That was one heck of a good day… if I could forget that Mr. Jerk was in my beetic class for today, because he had asked the teacher to do so, and the teachers could never refuse a thing to Mr. Jerk.

 

I sighed when I sat in front of my computer – in this class we were only 11 students, and all of the computers could be personalized – and opened Photoshop Elements 6.0. I had installed it on my own computer because I had it, and I was the only one in this class who knew how to use it, which made me kind of proud. Since the teacher was a bit late, I started working on a picture of my boyfriend and I.

 

“You’re Kyuhyun Cho’s girlfriend, aren’t you?” a voice suddenly resounded behind me, making me jump in surprise. I turned, only to see Mr. Jerk casually sitting on the table behind me – the classroom had computer near the walls and a lot of tables in the middle that we could use as desks so we wouldn’t be stuck with the keyboard in the way – and looking at the picture I was working on. I growled and went back to work. “It’s none of your business.”

 

He shrugged and sat in front of the computer next to me. “I’ll be here for today’s class. I hope it won’t disturb anyone.”

 

“It annoys me, like, seriously. Though my friend could kill to be me right now.”

 

He tilted his head to the side. “Your friend?”

 

“Yeah, my friend. Yes, I do have friends.”

 

“That’s not…”

 

“Shut up, I’m working. I don’t even know why you’re talking to me.”

 

“Cho told me that you don’t really appreciate me, though I can’t understand why. And well, because I talked to this girl the other day, the one who’s always with Cho and you, so I thought that I could try to know why you hate me so much.”

 

I looked at him with a “…” expression. Oh Kyu. You’re so dead. I sighed.

 

“Yeah, Bee told me that you talked to her. This was a first, you actually talked to a non-popular person!”

 

“This wasn’t…”

 

“I told you to shut up. If you want to talk to me without me being horrible towards you, promise me something first.”

 

“…”

 

“I know you recently broke up with your girlfriend. Everyone knows that. And everyone also knows that you made her cry a lot.”

 

“And your point is…?”

 

“Promise me that you’ll learn more about Bee. Promise me that you’ll talk to her. And if you ever happen to befriend her, never make her cry.”

 

I looked at him with cold eyes. “Or else, you’re O so dead.”

 

He nodded softly, but chuckled. “That’s fine with me. She seems to be a nice girl.”

 

I sighed. “She is. She deserves to be happy. She likes you a lot, not only for your looks.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You’ll talk to her?”

 

“Yeah. But…”

 

“But?”

 

I stared at him with cold eyes. What was he going to say…

 

“But I can’t love her. I decided not to love anymore.”

 

………………. Bastard.

 

“WHAT? What the , you decided not to love anymore?”

 

Oh, come on! Bee loved this guy so much! He had to at least try or something-

 

“I decided not to love anymore so I won’t break any more heart.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Classic. I should’ve known. You’re just a stupid guy after all. I knew it. I knew it! Bee, you’re so going to be disappointed by this idiot. He’s stupid, he makes stupid decisions, and he’s ing annoying!”

 

I bit my lower lip. I just had an idea. Maybe I could use this guy’s reason at my advantage. I shrugged. “Oh well, that’s your choice. But if Bee learns about this, she’ll be reaaaaal sad. Her heart’s gonna break and she’ll cry and cry and she’ll look depressed for at least a whole year. But okay, it’s your decision.”

 

I rolled my eyes. There was no way he would fall for such a cheap trick.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry, I didn’t know… then… maybe I could try?”

 

I looked at him with a °^° face. NO WAY. NO WAY! He had… no waaaay! I contained myself not to laugh – not to smile either – and raised a brow. “Really?”

 

“Yes… if my decision is going to break someone’s heart… then…”

 

I didn’t wait for him to finish his sentence. I took his enormous hand, made him close it into a fist, and I bro-fisted it with all the manliness a girl could muster. “ yeah dude. That’s the spirit!”

 

I let go of him and went back to my photo. Maybe he was not THAT bad after all. But still… there was something about him that I didn’t like.

 

I just didn’t know what it was.