Funeral day

Welcome to B2ST airline :)

We prepare everything for Dongwoon’s omma funeral for the next day. They called every relatives and friends to inform them the sad news.

“Yah--, which one is better?” Dongwoon put up two different flowers, pink lilac and white daisy.

“Both are sweet. Why don’t you just buy both?” I suggested.

We were at the florist, looking for flowers for the funeral.

“Great idea.” Dongwoon took another bunch of the flowers.

“What’s your mum’s favourite flower by the way?” I turned to him.

There was sudden sadness on his face. “I--,” He paused, “Works. I’m too occupied with works that I don’t even know my own mother’s favourite flower.” He cursed.

“Don’t blame yourself.” I patted his back, “You work hard that hard to take care of your mum. You’re a good son.”

“For not even know what my mum’s favourite flower is?” he turned to me with an angry and disappointed look.

That sends me speechless.

“I don’t know, Mika.” He turned to the beautiful flowers before us, “Sometime I feel like I should quit my job, stay with omma and maybe do some farming. Isn’t that’s what a good son suppose to do? Taking care of our mother and stay by her side? But now I know it’s too late to make my decision. She’s gone. Just like a wind.”

..............................................................................................................................................................

 

The chapel was crowded with Dongwoon’s relatives. Everyone put on a gloomy face. The coffin was placed in front of the chapel with flower stands beside it.

A middle-age lady was crying hard beside the coffin, while another lady was trying to calm her down. Probably Dongwoon’s aunt.

I stood at a corner, wearing a black formal dress.

What if my omma die too? What if she’s lying on the hospital bed right now, fighting for her life?

It’s been almost a month since I last called my mum back at home. How is she doing right now?

My father had passed away since I was a baby. He fell from the construction site. I couldn’t even imagine the pain.

Suddenly, the chapel’s door swung open. I turned, but the woman was nearly covered by the crowd. I had a glimpse of her walking to the coffin side.

By the time, she reach the coffin, I can only see her back.

Why does she look so familiar?

The woman kneeled down and cried. Dongwoon came over and calmed her down. “She’s in heaven now.” I heard Dongwoon said.

The women face palmed herself, her shoulder shook hard. Crying.

There’s an uneasiness feeling when I looked at that woman. I took a step closer to look at the woman’s face.

“WHAT!?” I accidently cried out loud. The crowd beside me turned to me.

OMMA!? Why is she's here!?