life or death

Destiny..

"hello Dr there is an emergency case please rush back to hospital....its Dr Oh Ha Ni...she is critical" a female voice from the other side on the phone said.

"umma....ha ni....ha ni.....i need to rush back to hospital" he ran to the road in heavy rain. He tried searching for taxi but as it was raining heavily he couldn't find any. Finally after struggling for almost 15 min one car stopped and a man came offered to help him. It took him an hour to reach the hospital and the whole time his mind was thinking about ha ni and kept his fingers crossed.

"where is she???" he asked the receptionist from whom he got the call.

"she is in O.T. Dr Kim with his team is performing the surgery"

He walked to and fro in the long corridor waiting for some news from inside meanwhile his family also reached there.

"don't worry everything will be fine" his mother tried to console him but he broke down into tears "i don't want to loose her again....why it always happens to me that when i start loving someone he goes away from me...whae umma whae...." she kept on patting his back. Ae sook who was in eun soo's arms came to her father held his hand in her tiny hands and gestured him to come to her. seung jo got down on his knees to her level, she wiped his tears with her little finger and hugged him wrapping her arms around his neck.

she didn't knew what happened but she surely knew her father was crying means something was wrong.

"Dr seung jo...." a voice startled him. Seung jo was waiting for almost 5 hr now outside.

"yes Dr kim...how is she...nd the baby???"

"well Dr seung jo...i don't want to give you any false hopes...we are still trying our level best to save them but nothing can't be said as of now...."

he again sat down at his place to wait patiently thats when a cop came and stood in front of him "hello Mr Seung Jo"

"hello officer..." 

"we are sorry about the accident and would like to ask a few questions from you before we can close the file as its an accident case"

"yes"

"the eyewitnesses there said she was driving fast...and when the car ahead suddenly applied break...to prevent the collision she too applied break and as it was raining heavily her car lost control and jumped over the divider and rolled a multiple times before colliding with a light pole.... so i want to ask you...does she drives like this always or she was upset about something..."

 "i don't know officer...we went for a party and then she was gone...and all i know is I got the call about her accident...and she is a good driver..."

"ok thanks...i just hope everything gets well....will contact you if required..." the officer left.

The surgery continued for almost 4 more hrs. The whole team came out with a look of disappointment on their faces "Dr kim what happened??" seung jo ran towards him.

"Seung jo you need to be strong....you are a Dr and you know we only try our best...and rest is in god's hands..."

"tell me clearly what happened...." seung jo almost yelled.

"we are sorry" Dr kim was his colleagues and college friend so he pulled him into a hug.