ha ni learns the truth

Destiny..

"Are you Dr ha ni...??" A man wearing inspector uniform asked.

 

"yes..."

 

"i am inspector choi jin woo...we got the information about some baby...we are here with her family to confirm her identity" 

 

"sorry inspector but we have already shifted that baby to ut he left his operation theatre...you will have to wait...and can you please call her family we need to do some paper work before we can proceed further..." 

 

"yeah sure...but we are still not sure if she is the same for whom we are searching..."

 

"do you have any picture...maybe i can help you...and we have kept babies clothes and few other belongings separately if you want i can bring them??" 

 

"that would be a great help...i will just go call her family..." he went outside to his car where seung jo's mother and eun joo were waiting anxiously to know about their ae sook unaware of seung jo's condition. They tried to call him several times but his phone was not reachable all the time because of network problem.

 

"here inspector..." ha ni got the packet which had ae sook's clothes and the chain which she was wearing then her eyes moved to seung jo's mother who looked worried "aunty you here...."

 

"ha ni ah..." she started crying badly seeing her.

 

"there is no need to be worried seung jo is fine...."she assured her assuming that she got the news of seung jo loosing consciousness.

 

"Seung jo...??" she gave her a surprised look "what happened to seung jo??" 

 

"you didn't knew...?? then why are you crying" she asked getting completely confused.

 

"we came here to look for ae sook...." eun joo replied on his mother's behalf.

 

"ae sook...." she repeated after him "that was the name seung jo said before fainting" she thought in her mind and trying to bring all the pieces together she asked "who is she??"

 

"she is hyung's 11 months old daughter..." 

 

"whhaaaatt...." she backed a few steps suddenly feeling suffocated.

 

"noona what happened...?? noona...and where is hyung we need to inform him about ae sook...." she pointed in the direction of a room where seung jo was admitted.

 

"Dr ha ni everything is ready..." a nurse informed to which she nodded slightly trying hard to gain control of her body again.

 

"you know ae sook right??? ha ni that inspector said that someone threw our ae sook into the river please that it's not true and the baby here is someone else..." seung jo's mother pleaded.

 

"it's...... ae sook...." she replied with thick voice.

 

Seung jo who just now gained conscious came out running from his room and saw ha ni standing with his mother and little brother.

 

"ha ni ha ni....my ae sook.....where is she...how is she....???ha ni" he held her by shoulders and shook her badly tear streams flowing down his cheeks.

 

"seung jo control yourself....seung jo" his mother held his hands and hugged her son.

 

"eomeoni.....ae sook....how will i be able to forgive myself is something happens to her....i have already lost hae ra....i can't loose her..." he fell down on his knees and turned to ha ni with joined hands "please ha ni save her....please...."

 

For ha ni the day was full of surprises and shocks so she herself was not in right state but still seeing seung jo broken and shattered like this she composed herself and held his hands in between her's "don't worry everything will be fine...trust me" she looked straight into his eyes.