flashback 2

Destiny..

It was late night when the ringing door bell disturbed seung jo's sleep. He went to his room and fell asleep on his study table thinking about the time when he had to choose hae ra hurting ha ni. he walked to the door and opened it rubbing his eyes. He thought hae ra was back but to his surprise it was an inspector. 

 

"Mr Baek Seung Jo??" he asked.

 

"yes  I am...what happened inspector...??" seung jo asked as his mind flooded with bad thoughts.

 

"we have a bad news for you...your wife met with an accident...we want you to accompany us for identification"  

 

After all the formalities the body was handed over to seung jo. Seung jo was again left alone in this world...

 

he dragged himself inside the house after performing all the rituals thinking his life was just useless when he heard a the sound from coming from his room. His little daughter was crying of hunger as if calling for her mother unaware that she was never coming back.

 

he rushed inside and lift her in his arm trying to calm down the little baby, but tears flowing out from his eyes endlessly. But she kept on crying no matter how much he tried.

 

"ae sook...don't cry dear...appa is there for you..." he walked around the room,accidently his finger landed on her lips and she started it " are you hungry??" he realized that in his pain of losing hae ra he forgot that she also lost her mother and didn't had anything since last night.

 

he placed her back in her cradle and rushed to kitchen to make milk for her. He placed the against her lips but she simply jerked it off with her little hands and started crying again.

 

"appa brought you milk ae sook" he tried again but she moved away.

 

After trying for long she finally had some milk and went off to sleep. he placed the bottle on the side table and lied down on the bed next to her.

 

"appa will take care of you...don't worry" he kissed her forehead and drifted to sleep holding her tiny hands in his.

 

His life from that day centered around her and he took complete care of her. But managing hospital and house was tiring for him.

 

One day he was getting ready for hospital when the doorbell rang he opened the door and to his surprise it was his mother standing in front of him "umma...."

 

"am i allowed to come in??" she asked when he didn't ask her to enter.

 

"ahh...come..." he lead her to the room when ae sook started crying. "umma you sit i will be just back" he excused and rushed to the kitchen. he touched the hot milk pot in hurry,hurting his hand but resumed making milk for her after washing it under cold water tap. he poured the milk in the bottle and went to his room.

his mother's heart ached seeing her son in this state and she left before he came out from the room.

 

"umma..." he looked around but she was gone "why did she leave just like this??" he thought in his mind.

 

he placed two breads in his plate and ate them before leaving for work. Ae sook was already sleeping and he appointed a baby sitter to take care of her when he was working.

 

***********************************

 

"our child is having a hard time" she said.

 

"you visited him??" her husband asked.

 

"hmmm....after her he is all alone...he may not be saying anything but he is just broken completely"

 

"umma can't we call hyung back..." eun joo wished as he also felt alone without him.

 

"but will he come back" she was not sure.

 

"we need to talk to him...at present he wants a family who can support him...lets talk with him" her husband said.

 

"i will call him..."

 

She talked with him and finally convinced him to return back to home.

 

 

*FLASHBACK ENDS*