flashback

Destiny..

The operation was successful and ae sook was shifted to ward. Seung jo offered to send Ha Ni home as she was also very tired after all the events of the day and needed rest in her condition.

"why don't you come in...and have some coffee" ha ni said getting out from the car. Seung jo nodded and parked his car in the parking area.

Make yourself comfortable i will get the coffee. She stepped towards kitchen when seung jo held her hand and pulled her next to his side on the sofa "you sit i will make the coffee". There was awkward silence between the two after that kiss. Seung Jo didn't knew anything about what was going on in her mind while on other hand ha ni wanted more details about hae ra and ae sook but was reluctant to ask directly thinking it might hurt him.

She agreed with a nod and managed to smile in between her thoughts.

Seung jo came out with two coffee mugs in his hand. Handing over one to ha ni he took seat next to her but at some distance. Two of them sipped their coffee in complete silence when ha ni decided to break it with her Q "why you didn't tell me about ae sook?"

"i wanted to but never got the chance...i am sorry" he kept his eyes on the mug and with his finger traced the path of the brim.

"and hae ra..??" finally gathering her courage she started the topic as she thought for all this time he kept all his pain to himself and it would be better for him to speak it loud whatever was there in his heart.

"she met with an accident when ae sook was just 1 month old...in an attempt to save the person coming from the wrong side her car jumped of the bridge" he had tears in his eyes and his hands were shaking thinking about the incident. She noticed it and gave him a warm comforting hug 

 

*Flashback*

"You can't live in this house...it is my house and i can't allow a person who hurt my daughter stay here..." Seung jo's mother declared her decision.

"eomeonim... what are you saying...for a girl who was your nothing how can you abandon your own son" hae ra spoke in a bit irritated tone feeling insulted.

"don't you dare call me eomeoni...and he is not my son...i don't know him...my son will never dare to hurt a person...but he" she pointed her finger at seung jo "he played with that child feelings and left her alone in the end...he is not my son" she started crying putting her head on her husbands shoulder "please tell them to leave"

"lets go" he held hae ra's hand and exited the door. he was completely broken from inside still managed to show his cool side. he lost everything his love,his family and even himself.

They rented a apartment and worked at the same restaurant they used to work to earn their living as hae ra knew if she asked for her grandfather's help he will get mad at her. Seung jo was always lost in his own world and after marriage rarely talked with her. He kept himself busy in his studies and work. Two years passed and still they didn't had any husband wife relationship. Both of them had different room. They acted like a happy married couple in front of hae ra's grandfather but only they knew the reality of their relationship. Hae ra tried to take it to next level but he never responded to it and with time passing hae ra was getting more and more frustrated.

 

"seung jo i want to talk with you" hae ra was waiting for him.

"it's already past mid night go to sleep...we will talk later" he headed to his room.

"no i want to talk with you right now..." hae ra shouted on top of her lungs.

"what's wrong with you why are you shouting like this...i am not deaf" seung jo shouted back. 

Hae ra wanted to say a lot but it appeared as if her voice was trapped inside and instead tears started flowing down her cheeks. She collapsed on the sofa breaking into tears.

"i am sorry...i was just worried about something...i am really sorry" seung jo came to her and tried to comfort her.

"why seung jo why....?? why you are doing this...i know you are hurt,you miss her but what about me...why can't you see me how much pain i am in...why seung jo...??"

"i just need some time" seung jo tried avoid the topic as always

"time...it's already been  2 years how much more time you need...i don't have any more patience seung jo...i just can't bear it anymore..."

Seung jo didn't reply and kept silent.

"i thought with time you will forget her...so never asked for anything but you are not ready to move on in your life...why seung jo...i also want to be loved....i am also a girl who have certain dreams and expectations for their married life.."

"go to sleep.." he said coldly and went back to his room leaving her on the sofa crying. she herself didn't knew when she fell asleep on the sofa.

Next Day

Seung jo had an exam so left early while she was still sleeping. he prepared breakfast for her and left a note on the refrigerator

"Be ready at 7:00 pm...i will pick you"

Hae ra's eyes were still swollen and red because of crying. She washed her face with cold water and again went back to her bed after having her breakfast as she was not feeling well. Later in the evening she got ready and was waiting for seung jo when door bell rang.

"here this is for you ma'am"  a delivery boy with a big rose bouquet was standing on the door.

"thank you" she took the delivery and bowed at him before closing the door.

she checked for the name but found nothing then her cell started ringing

"hello" she answered the call.

"hello how much more time you need to get ready" seung jo asked in his cold tone.

"i am ready...where are you" her face which got brighten after receiving the flower again changed to sad hearing his tone.

"waiting for you outside...hurry up we will be late" he ended the call.

Hae ra kept the flowers on the Centre table and rushed outside where he was waiting for her in his car.

The ride was silent and hae ra didn't had any idea where they were going. The car stopped in front of her favorite restaurant. he opened the door for her and offered his hand which she accepted giving him confused look

he reserved a table for them and planned this date last night. he took her hand in his hands and kneeled down in front of her

"i am sorry for everything hae ra...i am sorry for being so mean to you...i am sorry for being a bad husband to you...but now i want to undo all the wrong things that i have done...i will now move on in my life leaving everything behind...i promise to love you from now on..." he kissed her hand and wiped her tears.

 

Things changed between them as they spent more time together trying to know each other. Though still they didn't had any husband wife relationship but still they were happy. Soon Seung jo started liking her and liking grew into love. He decided to take their relation to next level but hae ra left for new york for further studies for 1 year. 

when she returned back he welcomed her with a surprise date and that night finally two souls merged into one. Soon hae ra gave him the good news that she was pregnant and like a caring father and husband he  took complete care of her and their unborn baby. Then ae sook entered their lives making it a complete happy family. He was finally happy in his life and still kept ha ni in his heart as the most beautiful memory of his life.

 

That day he came back home after his shift around 8. he was about to knock on the door when he heard someone talking inside.

"when you told me that you wanted Seung jo i was not sure how this will end...but i am happy that finally everything is perfect as you planned it to be" hae ra's grandfather who returned back from a business trip came to meet ae sook.

"yeah harabeoji all thanks to you....that you fulfilled my wish...back then i was really afraid about what will seung jo's ans to marriage proposal will be...but at the end he agreed"

"i left him with no choice...he had to agree..."he laughed proudly.

"though i knew he loved ha ni...i didn't wanted to loose him to her...so i seek your help...thanks harabeoji for helping me...now she is nowhere in our lives..." she turned her head and saw a angry seung jo standing at the door. 

her harabeoji left quietly after greeting him giving the couple time to sort out things on their own.

"seung jo..." she opened to explain but seung jo cut her in between.

"so it was you who planned it all....when you knew i loved her why did you do this" seung jo started normally but ended up yelling at her.

"seung jo...it's not like what you are thinking...."

"when we met on the blind date you already knew it was me..right....why hae ra why...??" he shook her holding her by shoulders.

"because i didn't wanted to loose you to that girl....how can you fall for a girl like her and reject me...i couldn't take it...." she answered letting all her anger for ha ni out.

"leave..." seung jo said.

"what....??" she was dumbfounded. 

"i said leave" he pointed his finger at the door.

she grabbed the car keys and drive away in anger while seung jo entered his room all shattered again...