5 years later...

Destiny..

"good morning doctor" the lady at reception greeted a young man standing there with the widest possible smile.

"good morning"the young man replied putting up smile on his face.

"here is your duty chart Dr seung jo"she handed over a sheet to him.

"kamsahamnida"

"hello Dr Baek Seung Jo" another Dr said taking his duty chart from reception.

"hello Dr cha bum" he said with smile and then again got busy with the papers in his hand including his patients reports when his phone started ringing.

'Mother calling' flashed on his phone.

"yeoboseyo"

'son please come back home immediately..."she was panicking.

"but what happened eomeoni" he asked getting worried.

'you just come here...will tell you everything once you reach home' she ended the call.

"what happened Dr any problem??" Dr cha bum asked when saw his worried expression.

"nothing i need to go  back there is some emergency at home but my duties..."

"its ok i am free right now...you don't worry i will take care of everything here"

"thanks a lot..."

"now just don't waste time go"

 

 

"eomeoni...." seung jo directly ran upstairs to his room.

"saeng il chuk ha ham ni da
saeng il chuk ha ham ni da
sarang ha neun seung jo shi
saeng il chuk ha ham ni da"

everyone started singing the birthday song the moment he opened the door of the room. The room was decorated with flowers and balloons. It was just a small function and only his family members were present there. His mother came forward and hugged him followed by Eun Joo who transformed into a handsome man from a cute kid.

"eomeoni where is she??" Seung Jo moved his eyes searched the complete room.

"ahh just now she was here...where did she go??" she also scaned the complete room.But then his lips curled into smile when he noticed tiny little fingers holding the table on which the cake was placed trying to get up with its support to reach up to its level. There she was his life his everything his eight months old daughter Baek Ae Sook. She is his daughter from Hae Ra and after she died in an car accident his world revolved around her only.

He headed in her directions and picked up her in his arms surprising her because she was so lost in herself that she didn't even realised that her loving father was there. And it was something obvious because the cake was her favourite and on top of it was a choclate ruffle cake..which seung jo and ae sook loved eating...

 

"i know what my little princess wants" he gave her a sweet kiss on her cheeks.

"ok please the two of you cut the cake we all are waiting" Seung Jo's father gave seung jo the knife.

"yeah even i am dying to taste it" eun joo added coming towards them.

 

"sorry dear we are leaving you alone like this on such a special day but we don't have choice"

"its ok eomeoni i understand.."

"ok we will be back late at night...i have placed food for you in refrigerator..and take care of yourself and ae sook"she gave him a hug and a kiss on ae sook's forehead on which she gave her toothless smile and left.

"so now what are we going to do" he asked his little daughter but she placed head on his shoulder rubbing her eyes. "oh my sweetheart is feeling sleepy then lets go upstairs"

By the time seung jo reached to his room she was already in her dreamland being careful about not to wake her up he shifted her to her craddle next to his bed when the toy there caught his attention. It was the same soft toy he got for Ha Ni which she left behind when left him... He held it in his hand and everything freshned in his mind.

 

he sighed burrying everything back in his heart and then placed it again next to ae sook as it was her favourite toy and always slept holding it in her hand....