The Battle Has Begun

One Call Away

 

I woke up at the sounds of raindrops ticking on the window. As if asking permission to come in.

I took a deep breath and turned around, opening my eyes. I smiled to myself. First time waking up in this bed without having to find out next to whom I was sleeping.

 

This would all just be a bad dream. I mean, I couldn’t have lost my memory because I drank too much alcohol, could I? Maybe the drink he had given me had been too much. Ugh! I shouldn’t have drunk it. I sat up straight and tried to ignore the headache I had.

I heard a low groan at his side of the bed and he turned around. My eyes opened wide when our eyes met.

O frick.

“What are you doing in my bed!” I yelled  in my sore voice and quickly rolled out of bed, pulling my side of the blanket with me.

“Your bed?” TOP sat up straight, the blanket fell of his chest so his bare chest was now showing. I blushed and quickly put a hand in front of my eyes. “What are you doing in my bed!” 

 

The memories of last summer past my mind. I sat up straight and looked around the room. Last time was quite a bit… different. This time the room was completely clean, no clothing lingering here and there. No forgotten shirts or purses, with passports, just a clean room.

I sighed in relief. For some reason, waking up in that room made me keep my guard up.

I threw the blanket off me and walked to the window, opening the curtains in front of it. This wasn’t a pretty day at all, it was raining and the sun was nowhere to be seen. I yawned as I walked to the door and opened it. I stretched my arms when I  noticed TOP wasn’t sleeping anymore, instead he walked to the front door. He hadn’t seen me yet.

He opened the door, still in his pyjama wear – sweatpants and sweatshirt – and was rubbing his eyes. He had just woken up as well.

“Hyung!” My eyes opened wide and my body got tense by hearing that voice. “What have you done?” No, no, no. This was way too soon, I wasn’t prepared for this yet. I wanted to run back into the bedroom, but knowing how it went last time that wasn’t a good idea.

TOP was still half asleep when a magazine got pushed in his face by the visitor. He grabbed it and looked at the front page. A smirk appeared on his face.

“I guess you already know then,” TOP said while scanning the front page.

“So it’s true?” The visitor asked and walked past TOP into the living room. At first he only looked at TOP.  “That she’s-” That’s when he noticed the awkward figure standing in the door opening of the bedroom. His eyes met mine. “Back,” He mumbled after a short silence. His eyes opened wide and his mouth fell slightly open.

 “H-Hi,” I stuttered. I swallowed hard and tried to smile. “Ji Yong,”

His hair was blonde now something that surprised me - a bit - as well. Seconds of silence passed, but neither of us seemed to be able to break eye contact nor say something. I bit on my lip and felt my heart pound hard against my chest. This was the first time we saw each other after our breakup, with which I had been really hard on him. And not entirely honest.

I could see him thinking. “Why..?” He managed to break the silence.

I took a deep breath and avoided his eyes. I was taken in the moment. That was why I came back. But it somehow didn’t seem fair to TOP to say this out loud.

I had told him I wanted to go back to Europe when we broke up. But, to make sure he wouldn’t stop me, I had told him multiple lies.

 

~TOP’s POV~

He watched the two from a distance. As soon as they saw each other the mood immediately got tense. By the way he felt he could only imagine how awkward it must be for the two of them.

G-Dragon looked away from her and brushed a hand through his hair.

TOP was just about to leave the room so they could talk things through alone, but G-Dragon seemed to beat him to it.

“I’m not going to disturb you two,” He said, as calm as he could while rushing back to door. But he didn’t seem to be calm at all.

TOP tried to say something but G-Dragon already exited the apartment. TOP looked from his friend to ___, who was still standing in the door opening of the bedroom. She was looking down at the ground. She seemed lost in her thoughts and was nervously pulling at the rim of her shirt.

But she wasn’t going after him.

He sighed heavily and quickly put on his shoes, rushing down the hall.

 

“Hey,” G-Dragon turned around and stopped walking when he heard TOP, who had been following him out of the building. “I know I should explain,” He said in a low voice as he walked up to G-Dragon. G-Dragon didn’t face him and avoided his look, still looking a bit troubled. “What do you want to know?”

He sighed and looked back at TOP. “Why did she come?”

“I convinced her to come,” TOP said with a stern expression. “That’s why I was gone for the past days. I went to her,”

G-Dragon raised an eyebrow and looked puzzled. “You went to Europe? How did you even know where she lived-” He shook his head and sighed, not minding to finish his question. He sighed and narrowed his eyes. “Then, she came back for you?” G-Dragon’s expression hardened and TOP could see the frustration in his eyes.

“To be honest, I don’t know why she came back,” He said with a sigh and looked up at the building. “The only thing she told me was that she wanted to start all over,” Somehow this annoyed TOP a lot. After they had said goodbye at the airport he couldn’t stop imagining how it could’ve went if she had stayed. And now she told him she was going to start from scratch here. Meaning that that whole scene at the airport might just as well not have happened.

A slight smirk appeared on G-Dragon’s face, for a few seconds. TOP looked back at his friend, surprised to see the sudden change in his expression. “So that means, you two haven’t done ‘anything’ last night?” TOP chuckled and punched his friend’s shoulder. “Hey! It’s a normal question!” TOP shook his head. G-Dragon put his hands in his front pockets and took a deep breath, then looked back at TOP. His smirk had disappeared and so had TOP’s smile. By exchanging looks they said to each other what they had been thinking the whole time.

The battle had begun.