Old Contacts

One Call Away

 

“Hey,” I said as I walked back to the TV with a bowl of fruit – idols diet, I’d prefer fast food – for the girls and me. I put the bowl on the table and CL waved me away, apparently I had been standing in front of the TV. “Do you know any place that is looking for help?”

They all turned their heads to me, frowning and obviously unsure about what I was talking.

“As in employees,” I quickly added. They tilted their heads ever so slightly, somehow they still didn’t get it. I sighed. “I want a job,”

“O,” They all said in unison. “Why didn’t you say that in the first place?”

CL shrugged and turned back to the TV. “Not any place where you can get a career,” Dara nodded agreeing that she also knew no place.

“No, I don’t want to make a career, I just want some money so I can get my own place whilst I’m here,”

Bom frowned. “You don’t plan to stay?”

I looked at her and fell silent. I had no idea if I was going to stay or not. I actually hadn’t planned it, no. But then again: Had I planned anything?

I shook my head, ignored her question and changed back to the last subject “So, a job in a supermarket or in a dry-cleaning store, I don’t mind,” I said. “As long as I’m undependable,”

“Well,” Dara suddenly said, looking quite serious. I turned to look at her and frowned slightly, eagerly wanting to know what she was going to say. “You’re quite known around here nowadays because of the TOP affair thing,” She looked up at me. “I’m not sure if people would want to hire you with your current status,” O. I nodded slowly. She was right and it kind of irritated me that she was.

CL nodded. “TOP’s one night stand, the suicidal girl,”

“CL!” Bom whispered loudly, giving her a look. CL turned her head away from the TV, she smirked at us. But I didn’t really didn’t bother her teasing much. I was getting used to it.

I sighed. So far the plan of working. “But you can still try tough,” I looked up at the bright shining eyes of Dara who was eying me curiously. She had this sweetness over her, that made her seem so… innocent. I nodded. I could indeed still try.

 

“O dear god, I’m done!” I launched myself on the bed and buried my face in my pillow.

Bom sighed behind me. “___, you’ve only been looking for a day,”

I turned around to look at the ceiling. “But that’s because no one even bothers to hire me,” I sighed and closed my eyes. “Everything people did was take pictures and point at me,”

“Well, Dara warned you,”

Yup. Dara had warned me. But she also told me I could still try.

“Well, money, or no money,” I pushed myself up and looked at my suitcase that stood next to the door. “I’m still getting my own place,”

 

So that night we had our last dinner together, at least with me staying there. To be completely honest, we only had dinner with the four of us, Dara had to go out meet someone. She didn’t tell who or why, but I felt uncomfortable asking, so I just let it go.

“I’ll help with the dishes,” I said as I gathered all the plates and bowls and brought them to the kitchen. Bom was already busy washing. I handed her the plates and she washed them. As I got ready to dry the plates, I heard something buzz.

Bom turned around and nodded at the kitchen table. “Your phone,”

I turned around and saw my phone slowly spinning at every buzz. I rushed to it and checked the message, let’s say that I wasn’t so into doing the dishes at all.

“Who is it?” Bom asked, still washing the plates.

My eyes opened wide and I swallowed hard. Sooner or later they were going to contact me, it was to be expected. But still, I had hoped they would just… Just let this all be.

“Damn it,” I put my phone in my back pocket and rushed to the door. “I have to go,” I put on my shoes.

“W-wait, what?” Bom turned around. “But it’s the last night!” She said shocked as I opened the door.

I sighed. They sure knew their timing. “Don’t wait up for me!”

 

I rushed out of the apartment building and immediately saw the familiar black car. The one plus thing about this. There was an old friend I was going to see again.

I walked to the passenger seat and quickly sat down. Before I could close the door, the car took off. I fastened my seatbelt, and even though I was scared to death by the driving, it felt like home.

“I see your driving skills haven’t changed since last time,” I said teasingly and turned to look at the driver. The black suit, the black sunglasses. Kang-Dae hadn’t changed a bit.

“Only for you, Miss,” He said and I could see a small grin form on his lips.

During my last visit, Kang-Dae drove me everywhere while I was ‘dating’ T.O.P. He had to make sure I was always on time, everywhere. That was something he was very good at - but driving there? Not so much. When the contract between me and YG ended, Kang-Dae also was out of the picture.

Him being my driver again, meant something big was awaiting me at their office.

 

I took a deep breath as I got out of the car. I said goodbye to Kang-Dae and as soon as I shut the door he drove off like a mad men. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down, but my heartbeat wasn’t to be controlled.

I walked up the stairs to the entrance. As soon as the electric doors opened and I stepped inside the building, four men rushed to me.

“Miss ___,” One of them said. He bowed quickly and then sped off, I assumed I had to follow him. “They’re waiting for you in the meeting room,” He said to me as I had caught up with him. I had no idea who they were, but somehow knew they had already successfully planned everything out for my second stay here.

With the elevator we went to the third floor. “We’re glad you could come this quickly,” He said with a monotone voice. “Here it is,” He stopped in front of a door that said something in Korean, probably meeting room. He knocked on the door and immediately there was an answer from the other side of the door. The man opened the door, stepped in and bowed. “Miss ___ has arrived,”

“Send her in,” A low emotionless voice answered. I swallowed hard. Even though I only heard the person’s voice, it scared the hell out of me. I felt my heartbeat accelerate and froze to the spot.

The man gestured me to come in, but my feet wouldn’t move. Not that I wanted them to. The man sighed and walked to me. “Go,” He said in his monotone voice and then pushed me. I stumbled inside the room. The door was immediately closed behind me.

I looked up at three men, sitting at this long table that stretched from the one side of the office to the other. They were wearing a black suit and watched me cautiously.

“___,” The one in the middle said. “Have a seat,”