A Sleepover

One Call Away

 

“I want you to come back with me, to Korea,”

 

I looked at him with wide opened eyes. Did he just..? I blinked again and looked at him with narrowed eyes. He didn’t say anything but stand there looking at me, with a stern look on his face.

I had heard so many things out of his mouth about which I always thought I had imagined it, that I now knew, from my experience, that he indeed said that.

… Well, probably.

“You want me, to go back,” I repeated. “To the one place I never wanted to go anymore?”

He nodded.

“Why would I want to go back there?” I asked bewildered. “I get chased around there by paparazzi, everything I do will be turned into a scandal and-”  I sighed. “And I just won’t go,”

I turned around and walked back to the house. “I don’t know how you found my house, but I’m sure you’re able to find the airport again,”

 

“Why did you that!” I yelled as I stood in the kitchen, across my mom who was making breakfast.

“Shh, our guest is still sleeping,” My mom said soft as she prepared breakfast.

I shook my head. Right after I had told TOP to return to Korea, my mom had come back and asked him to stay over. “It’s probably the jetlag that’s kicking in,”

I sighed heavily. “Then why did you invite him here?”

She looked at me with a surprised expression. “Don’t you be so ungrateful! I for one have heard how you were able to stay in Korea that long without money,” She nodded to the side, to the direction of the guestroom where he was sleeping. “He paid everything, he took care of you. So be grateful,”

I looked at my mom as she walked through the kitchen. She obviously hadn’t heard my side of the story. Or the full story, for that matter.

As soon as my mom looked in the fridge, she hesitated, as if remembering something. She stood up straight and turned around to look at me.

“So, for him to come all the way here to see you,” She nodded approvingly. “That must mean you two,” She held up her hands, probably symbolising me and TOP. “Had a relationship,” She raised her eyebrow and she entwined her hands with each other.

“O dear god,” I closed my eyes and hid my face with my hand. Was she really speculating… What I thought she was speculating about? “Mom, no,”

“___, if the occasion is there, don’t forget to be safe,” Yup, she was indeed talking about that.

“O my god,” I shook my head, feeling my cheeks get warm. ‘Informative mom’ had arrived. I might be an adult, according to my age, but talking about that was always awkward and embarrassing. Always.

She looked at me for a few seconds. “Has the occasion already occurred?”

“MOM!” I yelled at her. “No!”

She raised an eyebrow. “Sure?”

“Ah, y-yes,” I said avoiding eye contact. I actually wasn’t that sure. There had always been that one night, where I might have been drinking a bit too much. Waking up the next morning next to… A certain someone I wasn’t expecting to be laying there. The certain someone who was now sleeping over in this house.

“Okay,” She bought it. “But be sure to-”

“Yes! Mom, I will,” I quickly interrupted. She smiled at me, probably thinking about what a nice innocent child she had raised. If she only knew what all had happened in Korea.

“How did he,” I looked at the direction of the guest room. “Know where to find me?”

“He called you,” She said while searching for something for her breakfast.

“Me?” I asked. “I don’t remember picking up the phone,”

“That’s right,” She said. “I took the call, remember? Two days ago,”

I looked at her with my mouth slightly open. “You took my call?”

“Yup, then I heard a man’s voice and after some talking, I decided to give him our address. I invited him over as well,”

I sighed heavily, getting frustrated by my mother’s actions. “If I had wanted him to come, to see him, I would’ve invited him long ago. If fate wanted him to see me, he would have been here long ago, or I would’ve still been in Korea,” I hissed at her.

She nodded. “I know,” She looked at me and smiled. “But sometimes fate needs a little push,”

My mom walked to me with a plate with breakfast. I looked at it with wide open eyes. “You didn’t have to make me breakfast, just to be forgiven,”

She shook her head. “It’s not for you. It’s for him,” She pushed the plate in my hands. “Now bring it to him,”

“I don’t want to,” I said pushing the plate back, but she didn’t take it.

“Go in there and if you have to, say you made it,” I chuckled. As if he would suddenly believe I could cook.

 

I sighed heavily. I stood in front of the door to the guestroom, the plate with breakfast in my hands. I knew my mom was watching me, I could feel her eyes on my back. I swallowed hard and knocked on the door.

“Breakfast,” I mumbled annoyed as I opened the door. The room was completely dark, the light coming from the kitchen only brightened it up so much. I sighed. “Hey,” I said uncomfortably. It felt so, awkward, being in the same room as him. “Wake up,”

It was silent, the only sound that filled the room was the sound of him breathing in his sleep. I put the breakfast on the floor next to the door and left the room.

My mother gave me a warning with her eyes. “He’s asleep,” I mouthed to her, trying to get out of this. She walked to me, very quickly and pushed me into the room, closing the door after me. I looked at the door in all the darkness, dumbfounded by my mom wanting me to wake him so badly.

I swallowed hard and looked  around, slowly starting to see some shadows as my eyes got used to the dark.

“Wake up,” I said and I kicked the side of the bed, hoping that it would somehow wake him. But there was no response, at all. “Wake u~up!” I said again, this time louder. Why was he such a vast sleeper? I lost my patience and walked to the curtains, opening them at once. Sunlight immediately filled the whole room. I turned around to look at the bed. He rolled onto his side, growling something in his low voice. He was awake. I took a deep breath, trying to forget about the horrible not so innocent thoughts that currently crossed my mind.

“Your breakfast is here,” I said while thinking the thoughts away. “Get up and get dressed already, you’re not at a hotel,” Okay, so I tried to be as unpleasant as I could to scare him off. To get him to leave, to let him change his mind and discover that I had changed since Korea, even though I really hadn’t.

He lifted his arm and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes while slowly sitting up.  As he did so, the blanket that before had covered his body slit off his chest, revealing his bared chest.

I blinked a few times, looking at him with wide opened eyes. There were those not-so-innocent thoughts again. “D-Do you ever sleep with a shirt on?” I asked. I again tried to sound annoyed, but the stuttering didn’t help.

He turned to look at me, his eyes still half closed. He smirked. “If you don’t like it, then why are you looking?”