Knowing

One Call Away

 

 

He swallowed hard and turned to look at ___, even though he was still quite taken back as to why she was at 2NE1’s dorm. Especially seeing that she was alone. It wasn’t normal for him to go there in the first place, and even more abnormal since the people who lived there weren’t at home. She closed the door and anxiously walked to him, nervously pulling on her sleeve.

“You wanted to talk,” He said with a soft sigh. He didn’t want to know what she wanted to talk about, but he had to know.

She looked up at him with bewildered eyes. “Oh, uh yes,” Her lips curled up in a small smile, making it seem like she was happy, but her eyes were telling on her. TOP narrowed his eyes as he looked at her, something was off. “I-”

“Did something happen?” He asked.

Her smile faded and she looked up at him in surprise. “No, no,” She quickly shook her head. “Why would you ask that?” She answered, again faking a smile.

TOP raised an eyebrow and looked at straight into her eyes. Immediately seeing she was lying.

He shrugged. “No reason,” He blankly added. TOP could see his question caught her off guard and she nervously brushed her hair behind her ear as she studied him anxiously. Probably afraid that he’d know what she was lying about, unfortunately he didn’t. Her eyes met his and he caught her gaze.

The effect it had on her was clearly to be seen. Her hand, with which she had just brushed her hair behind her ear fell next to her body and the expressions on her face slowly faded away.

TOP chuckled. He knew now.

 

~Normal POV~

“Tell me,” His husky voice pulled me back to reality. I blinked a couple of times in surprise and looked away. I had been lost in my thoughts completely, I surely hadn’t lost my imagination in the past months. I took a small breath and lowered my shoulders, trying not to show how awkward I felt.

“So, uhm,” I swallowed hard. “I know this isn’t a normal thing to do, especially for me, but I just feel like I need to ask – but it’s okay if you don’t want to-” I cursed myself. Damn it, spill it already.

“Will you go on a date with me?” I frowned and looked at TOP. Those were the words I was going to say, but the only thing was, they didn’t come from my mouth. I blinked a couple of times.

Was I hearing things?

TOP chuckled and a crooked smile appeared on his face. His eyes met mine and he held them for a few seconds. He raised his eyebrow. My heart leaped.

“Will you?”

 

And that was that.

I went to the bathroom and freshened up, I changed clothes and looked at myself in the mirror. No need to look my best, did I? It was not like I had done that before for… Any occasion to be honest. I smiled at myself. The day I get married would be the right occasion for looking my best.

I put my hair in a ponytail and left the bathroom.

“Ready?” I felt myself jump as TOP appeared around the corner. Hadn’t I told him to wait outside while I changed?

 I nodded.

 

“Where are we going?” He asked as  I sat down next to him in the car. TOP drove, because I didn’t really trust the streets of Seoul. Well, that and the fact that I didn’t have a driver’s license.

I shrugged. “You’re the driver,”

He started the car and drove off. “It’s not like I planned this,”

I glanced at him through the corner of my eye. He was cautiously watching the road, with that stern expression on his face. “You’re the one that asked me on this date,”

He noticed me glancing and send me a quick look. As soon as his eyes met mine I looked forward again. I could hear him laugh softly. “Only by a second,” He whispered to himself, but loud for me to hear. I felt my cheeks get warm. So he knew I was going to ask him…

“Let’s just go somewhere where not everyone sees us,” I said. “I don’t want to be watched the whole time,” Plus I didn’t want to rub it into G-Dragon’s face that we went out by finding out through the gossip magazines. I knew how horrible that was.

… I also didn’t like reading the magazines myself and finding out about new nicknames the press had come up with.

Eventually we went to this small place, that was far from the busy city shopping streets. I had never heard of the shop or café – whatever it was – but TOP also hadn’t. But it was small and there was almost no one there.

As we stepped into the I saw all these cupcakes and small delicacies in standing in the counter. I could feel my stomach rumble and speed walked to the deliciousness that was calling me.

“Can I help you?” I looked up to see a girl standing behind the counter. I smiled at her and nodded.

I turned to gesture to TOP that he should come over. “Which one do you like?” I asked as he stood next to me.

He shrugged. “I don’t know,” He said in his low voice, almost sounding monotone. “I have never been here before,” He added, sounding a bit grumpy. I turned to look at him and saw he had his sunglasses on and was looking the other way, not even seeing all the pink deliciousness that was right in front of him.

I looked up at the girl and pointed at a cake. “We would like two slices of that one,” The girl blinked and looked back at me.

“S-Sure,” She nodded and bend to get the cake and cut it. I looked behind me to see where she was looking at, but as soon as I saw I laughed to myself. It was kind of obvious.

How many times did a celebrity walk into her store?

I received the two plates and walked to a small table near the window. We sat down and I gave TOP his plate.

He eyes the cake cautiously. “What’s it?”

I took my fork and cut off a piece of mine. “Cake,” I answered shortly and ate a piece of mine.

He looked up at me and raised an eyebrow, questioning me why I would be stating the obvious. I stared back at him and tried to give him the same look. But as soon as my eyes met his I felt my cheeks get warm, so I quickly deported my mission.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, he kept his voice low so not everyone would hear us talking but this only made his already husky and low voice somehow louder.

I cut of another piece of my cake. “Nothing,”

“Doesn’t exactly look like it,” He mumbled and then after a few moments sighed. He dropped his fork and sat up straight, folding his arms over his chest. “What’s bothering you?”

I avoided his eyes, since looking at them wouldn’t let me think straight. I pouted slightly and took a small but deep breath.

“Why did you want me back here?” I asked, even though that wasn’t what was bothering me at all. It was a question that went through my head every once in a while, but at the moment not where my thoughts were at.

He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head slightly.

“Is it that hard to think of yourself?” He asked.

I looked up at him. It wasn’t exactly hard to think of the answer, but I kind of wanted to hear him say it. If the words were spoken, again, it might kind of calm me down. A heads up that I was on the right path.

“Yes,” I answered stubbornly.

He laughed softly and unfolded his arms. He let his arms rest on the table and leaned closer to me. I froze as I felt his face next to mine.

“You’re a smart girl,” He whispered into my ear. “You’ll figure it out,”

I blinked and felt a smile form on my lips just when there was a flash outside.