Doing it all over Again

One Call Away

 

I hadn’t listened to my mom. At all.

The only thing I had done all day, was trying to avoid him. I hadn’t talked to him about anything. I hadn’t even spoken to him.

I just tried to handle these stupid feelings that were suddenly boiling up in me.

And now, the cab was already here.

But this time, I wasn’t the one leaving. It was him.

 

My mom and dad weren’t at home as he took his backpack and walked outside. They were caught in traffic and couldn’t make it. So I was the only one left at home.

Halfway to the cab he turned around. I quickly looked away, trying to make it seem as if wasn’t even paying attention to him. Even though my heart was screaming out to him. Luckily, he couldn’t hear it.

“You can still come,” He said in a serious voice. “I’ve got two tickets back,”

My heart leaped and my eyes opened wide. It was almost as if he did hear it. I bit on my under lip. I hated this new talkative thoughtful side of him. It made this so much harder. Why couldn’t he just ignore me like he had in Korea once the month of fake dating had been over? That way he wouldn’t even be here right now.

“You won’t have to pay for anything,” He continued. “You just need to,” He swallowed hard, as if finding it hard to find his words and saying them out loud. “To be around me,” He said in his husky voice.

I looked back at him and wanted to say something, but didn’t know what. I thought for a few seconds and then turned around to look at house, away from him. Thinking again.

 

~~

“Is he gone already?” She said as she entered the home. ¨ ___? Are you home?” That was weird, her daughter was supposed to be home at this time, or at least someone, Seunghyun was about to leave.

She walked to the guestroom, seeing a sticky note hanging on the door.

 

 Mom, I hate you.

Thanks to you I’m going through all of this again,

I don’t know when I’ll see you again, but I’ll call sometime.

I might also send a card from Korea,

x ____

 

A smile appeared on her face as she ripped the sticky note of the door. “Honey!” She yelled. “Our daughter won’t be around for some time,” She laughed at herself. “She is making another trip to ‘Spain’,”

 

~~

 

“Dear passengers, we have just arrived at Seoul airport, we hope you had pleasant flight,”

I yawned loudly and stretched my arms. I had tried to sleep through the whole flight, avoiding to have to look at TOP for the whole flight, talk to him and what more, for more than ten hours. Well, let’s say my plan had worked, I had indeed slept through the whole flight.

“So what’s your plan?” I asked TOP as we got our suitcases and walked out to the exit of the arrival hall. He looked at me with a stern look and raised an eyebrow. I sighed. “Where will I sleep and what are you going to say to YG when they find out you brought the ‘overseas mistress’ back, those things,”

He smirked. “Overseas mistress?”

I scoffed, I didn’t like the name one bit. “That’s how they used to call me in the magazines,”

He took a deep breath, obviously thinking about it for a second as we left the hall. As soon as we left the empty arrival hall and walked to the exit of the airport people stopped to look up at the celebrity who was just entering. I saw that TOP just ignored them, wearing the sunglasses he always wore at the airport.

But then, right before we left the airport – I could already see the car standing outside – flashes appeared, out of nowhere.

I immediately felt tense, knowing that every picture would soon be seen in all the shops, but TOP smiled, for some reason. I knew he was looking at me, probably enjoying the fact I didn’t feel comfortable when people made pictures of me. I didn’t feel like giving him the satisfaction, took a deep breath and walked to the car ahead of TOP, giving every person with a camera enough time to get a shot of me.

I opened the door and turned around to look at him, he just walked to the car with a stern expression on his face. “You know, I don’t think you’ll have to tell YG,” I opened the door. “These guys will make sure those pictures spread,” I sat down in the car, I saw that TOP also wanted to enter, but I stubbornly pulled the door close in front of him. He stood there a moment looking at the door, when he found out I wasn’t opening the door for him and walked to the other side of the car where he got in.

“Where to?” Asked the driver who started the car.

“The hotel-”

“My apartment-”

We said simultaneously. I blinked a couple of times and turned my head to look at him with wide opened eyes. He had to be losing his mind.

His apartment?