Wonder-struck.

One Call Away

 

Everyone has one of those days, right? When you just like to give up on everything you had planned, because other people had to give their opinion and had to get an input. One of those days that it seems everyone is against you…

There was another contract. This time, between only YG and me. They knew about my money struggle and they made an offer I couldn’t say no to. They knew about us dating again and to avoid another scandal they needed my co-operation. They would pay – just like last time – for all my expenses, they would give me an apartment and a ‘job’.

Sounds good, right?

Not so much.

This ‘job’ was a lie to the outer world, I was doing administration at the YG office, that’s what the world would know. It had to seem like I was making a living on my own. But this actual ‘job’ was something quite different. The contract said I had to date TOP, be around with him, for the extent of time.

Until he breaks up with me. Then I would be free to go do whatever I wanted and leave.

Until that time comes, YG pays for the apartment, for my food, my clothing, my travelling costs. Everything.

I was being paid to be with someone, with whom I was trying to figure out if I wanted to be with or not.

… Guess there was not that much figuring out to do anymore, was there?

 

 

I looked around my new apartment and sighed heavily. Moving new stuff in was done and I finally had myself a kitchen table and comfortable couch. It was finally looking like someone actually live there. It had taken a few days, choosing furniture, paying it and moving it in, but there it was: My own place.

I heard heavy steps behind me and turned around. I smiled as he walked inside with a huge moving box in his arms. I couldn’t see his face or upper body, but I knew who it was.

“Where is this supposed to go?” A husky voice asked behind the box.

“Kitchen will do,” I said and pointed at that part of the apartment, not that he could see me pointing.

TOP huffed as he put the box on the kitchen dresser.

He nodded at the box. “What have you put in there?” He asked out of breath. I giggled. The man had just walked up multiple stairs with a heavy box with a load of my personal belongings. I wouldn’t even have been able to lift the thing.

I shrugged. “Stuff,” I walked to the box. TOP took a step back so I could reach it. I unfolded the top of it and peeked inside. “To be honest, I didn’t even pack this one,” I said as dug through the objects that were in there. “I think my mom send this one,”

I felt TOP peek over my shoulder and quickly closed the box again. Who knew what my mother had put in there? Well, in case something embarrassing popped up, I decided to just unpack it when I was alone.

“That was everything, right?” I asked as I turned around to look at TOP. Because of the small kitchen I had, there was not that much distance between us.

“Yeah,” His low husky voice send shivers down my spine and I felt myself freeze to the spot. I slowly looked up at him. His eyes immediately caught mine. He looked at me with such an intensity, that it was impossible to look away. There was no expression on his face to be seen and the tiredness had disappeared. I caught myself slowly looking from his eyes to his lips. A small grin appeared.

I swallowed hard and felt my cheeks get hot as I quickly looked away.

“Okay, so I think we’re done for today,” I said as I walked out of - the few metres of - the kitchen. But just before I could leave the small room, TOP stopped me by grabbing my wrist. The touch immediately set fire to my skin as I felt my face and body get even warmer. I probably had cheeks as red as tomatoes now. He turned me around and took a step closer, his body was only a few inches away from mine. I looked up at him with huge eyes. The grin on his face still hadn’t disappeared.

“I’m not yet done for today,” He said under his breath as he bent down and pressed his lips against mine. If my eyes could grow even wider, they would’ve. I felt my heart skip a beat at the tender touch of his lips. And they were awoken - the fluttering returned immediately.

He pulled back and looked at my shocked face. He nodded proudly and walked to the door, leaving me wonder-struck.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” He said as he glanced at me one last time and then closed the front door behind him.