Late Guests

One Call Away

 

I stared at the ground, with wide opened eyes. My chest hurt and somehow breathing became harder.

Ji Yong was dating Dara.

The flawless girl from the famous band 2NE1. I took a small breath, still unable to inhale deeply. Somehow, this actually… Hurt. But it was my own fault, wasn’t it? It had been my decision not to date him. I had a choice, and I had made my decision. I nodded slowly to myself. I chose well, hadn’t I? As I sighed my shoulders dropped. Because if I chose well, then why in the world would this shock me this much?

CL had already left the room minutes ago.

“I just really thought you deserved to know,” She had repeated once. Then she awkwardly gave me a pat on my shoulder and left the room. It was, somehow, a comforting gesture, especially since it came from her. We both knew we didn’t exactly like each other, so coming from her, it really felt like a big thing.

I sighed heavily and made fists out of my hands. I was overreacting. I had to get myself together and get my mind of things.

I stood up and walked back to the party, closing the door to my bedroom behind me. I didn’t want anyone from the party in there.

I looked around the room, checking where everyone was. Minzy was dancing in the middle of the crowd, Bom was screaming along to the music with a girl she apparently knew and a barely standing Seungri just disappeared into the bathroom. I bit my lip, feeling sorry for him. He must have drunk too much.

I took a deep breath but as soon as I wanted to put on my fake smile and go pretend that I was having the best night of my life, someone opened the front door.

I immediately looked at the late guests.

I already knew who they were. I already knew why they were late. I knew this all.

But still my heart didn’t seem to be prepared.

I bit my lip again and made a fist behind my back, trying to release my frustrations that way. I didn’t want to talk to them just yet.

Unfortunately the one who had opened the door was TOP and the moment I wanted to turn around and disappear either back into my bedroom or into the crowd, he saw me. The two in the door opening then also turned to look at me. TOP smiled and gestured me to come.

I didn’t want to. I would do anything to avoid conversing with the couple. I would do anything to avoid having a conversation with G-Dragon. Just, not tonight.

I could pretend Minzy had called me to dance with her, or Bom for me to yell to the song with her. I could pretend I was thirsty and really needed a drink. I could do a lot just to try and prevent talking to him.

But I didn’t. I put on my fake smile with a sigh and waved at TOP, immediately going to them. As I got near the three, I tried not to look at G-Dragon or Dara too much. Trying to make it seem it didn’t bother me at all. I cleared my throat when I was just a few meters away, making sure my voice would not break when I’d say ‘hi’ to them.

“Look who finally decided to show up,” TOP said in his husky voice with a smirk on his lips. But I didn’t pay attention to him. I looked at the two and without knowing my fake smile disappeared.

G-Dragon smiled brightly. I clenched my teeth together and pinched myself behind my back, my good will from moments ago had already disappeared. “Sorry, we’re late,” He started apologizing. “But to make it up to you-”

“O, you weren’t here yet?” I asked, interrupting G-Dragon while faking to be shocked. I shook my head slightly. “I hadn’t noticed yet,” G-Dragon looked at me with a puzzled look and slightly raised his eyebrow, taken aback by my sudden change in personality. TOP also turned to look at me, obviously noticing I wasn’t being polite in any way, but I didn’t pay attention to him. I managed to put on my fake smile again and looked from G-Dragon at Dara. Slowly I was getting more and more fed up about this. I felt my breathing become faster and narrowed my eyes slightly, but I never failed to stop fake smiling. “O,” I said shocked as I tilted my head slightly as I looked at Dara and then back at G-Dragon. “I also can’t recall having invited you,”

I could hear TOP cough and when I looked up at him he sent me an intimidating glare, probably warning to stop acting like this. But I wasn’t going to listen to him. I looked back at the two, sending them one last smile. “Sorry, I have to go, I promised CL I’d help her,” I said as I turned around and found my way into the crowd.

Even though I had a smile on my face and acted tough, from the inside I could feel my heart ache. I swallowed hard. I felt lower lip tremble, but not out of pain, but because of the anger. I, somehow, felt betrayed.

I went into my kitchen and looked around for a glass, desperately needing a drink, when I noticed there was none left. I scoffed. “But of course,” I said underneath my breath.

“___!” I turned to look at who just called my name. Minzy stood in the kitchen and pointed in the direction of the front door. But my eye fell on the drink in her hand. “You know Ji-”

“Are you planning on finishing that drink?” Minzy looked up at me and frowned for a second, where after she slowly shook her head. I took the drink from her and drank it at once.

“Woa, ___,” She said surprised. “You shouldn’t drink that kind of an amount-”

I took a deep breath when I finished drinking the glass and closed my eyes as the horrible taste hit me.

“I know,” I said as I gave Minzy her glass back. “But I need it tonight,”

 

 

 

Yup, an update. It surely has been awhile hasn't it? Sorry for the long absence... I just couldn't write. As some of you might know, I started a new story as well, 'Clandestine', and I tried to write of my writersblock with that, but it hasn't really worked up till now... But I just found it I had already written this chapter, months ago, so here's a quick update!! Hope you all like it~