Phonecall

One Call Away

 

The moment I had woken up in the hospital, G-Dragon had been there. He had been waiting for me, sleeping in my room, even though nobody was sure when I was going to wake up or if I was going to. He still waited.

While TOP hadn’t been there, he wasn’t around. He had only avoided me, ignored me and tried to pretend I didn’t exist. Then why was he so keen on making me stay in Korea when I was about to leave, when if I had stayed he wouldn’t have contacted me anyway?

…The decision suddenly seemed so much clearer.

 

I heard a door open and someone tiptoed in the room. I took a deep breath and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I yawned and turned around to look at the shadow of the sneaking person.

“___,” The person whispered my name. “You awake?”

I moaned, not able to speak words properly yet I mumbled something in return.

The person switched the light on and I quickly pulled my sheets over my head, protecting my eyes from the light while growling angrily.

“What time is it?” I growled at her.

“It’s already six thirty,” Six thirty? Already? We had stayed up until about three last night and this was supposed to be getting up late? I sighed heavily and as my eyes got used to the bright light a bit, I lowered the sheets of my eyes. Bom stood in the door opening in her pyjamas. “The others are still asleep, want to help make breakfast?”

 

Breakfast. Let’s say I never really put a lot of thought in it and just eat something, sometimes I actually skip it because I don’t feel like waking up. Now I was making it, and it wasn’t even seven o’clock yet.

“Would you prepare the rice?” Bom asked as she cooked multiple things. I looked at her in agony. How was she able to all of this, this early?

“Sure,” I mumbled and stared in front of me for a few seconds. “…How do I actually prepare rice?”

After about half an hour of preparing stuff, also known as me following Bom’s instructions and furthermore falling half asleep every ten seconds, breakfast was ready. Bom woke up the others and we all ate together.

“Don’t you guys have some kind of schedule for today?” I asked, as we all finished eating.

Dara nodded. “Our van will arrive at eight,” I nodded. “But you can stay if you want to,” Dara quickly added. “Invite someone over if you want to,”

I smiled. “You all don’t mind?”

They shook their heads. “As long as it’s someone we know,” CL said, and she raised her eyebrow playfully at me.

I smiled slightly. As if I knew anyone else…

 

The phone rang. That was a good sign.

The girls had left half an hour ago and I decided to clear things up for myself a bit. Even though it wasn’t something I enjoyed doing.

“G-D speaking,”

I cleared my throat. “Hey, it’s me,”

I heard him laugh. “Hey ‘me’,”

I took a deep breath and tried not to laugh or smile, this was no laughing matter.

“Am I disturbing you?” I asked fumbling with the rim of my shirt.

“Not really, no,” I sighed softly, at least now I could talk to him calmly- “I’ll always make time for you,”

I froze and I felt my heart sink. I bit on my lip and tried to not let myself be taking away by this.

“Ji Yong,”

There was a sudden silence at the other side of the phone, which made me worry if he was still there.

“Is something wrong?”  By the tone of his voice I knew he was noticing where this conversation was heading. “You normally never call me Ji Yong,” He tried to laugh it off a bit. “Something up”

I bit my lip and closed my eyes. Pushing myself to say it. G-Dragon must have noticed the sudden silence and answered his own question.

“Something is up,” He suddenly didn’t sound that excited anymore.

I swallowed hard and took a deep breath. “I think we should stop seeing each other for a while,”

There was a short silence at the other side of the line.

“It’s all going a bit too fast for me,” I sighed. “I-I came back to start over and starting over in my eyes includes-”

“Dating someone else,” G-Dragon said in a heavy sigh.

I bit on my lip and made fists out of my hands. “Yes,”

“So, you’re choosing him, huh?”

I heard the doorbell ring and quickly snapped out of my trance. I walked to it and opened it. “I have to go,” I whispered in the phone.

“___, don’t-” I hung up the phone and put it away.

I sighed softly and tried to smile at my guest.

“I’m glad you could come,” I stepped aside and let him in. “Seunghyun,”