The First Date - Doubts?

One Call Away

 

“Will you finally tell me why I have this blindfold on?”

I said awkwardly in G-Dragon’s car with a scarf wrapped around my head covering my eyes.

“Wouldn’t that ruin the surprise?” He responded with his playful voice.

I had to prevent myself from laughing by biting my lip.

“Where are you taking me again?” I asked in another attempt to know this surprise. Yes, I loved surprises, but I always want to know them beforehand. Figuring it out is the fun part.

G-Dragon laughed again and then the car stopped.

“Can I-”

“No,” He answered, before I even had the time to finish my sentence. I heard him open the door and tried to open mine as well, even though finding the handle was difficult but I managed to find it and open the door.

“Here, let me help you,”

I felt a warm hand take mine. I bit my lip, trying to stop myself from blushing as I got out. G-Dragon shut the door, but still didn’t let go of my hand. I got a little awkward, thinking I should let go first and slowly let go of his hand a bit. Eventually I wasn’t holding his hand anymore at all.

But he still held mine.

I immediately folded my fingers around his hand again, hoping he hadn’t noticed my awkward movements.

“Follow me,” His voice somehow made me smile slightly. He pulled slightly on my hand and I assumed this meant I had to walk.

I heard leaves break underneath my feet and felt branches brush my arms slightly. Were we walking through some kind of forest? A park? I frowned and inhaled deeply as I tried to find out where we were heading. But the only thing my senses would pick up, was his scent. I giggled softly to myself when G-Dragon suddenly stopped. I accidently bumped into him and quickly hopped back, again feeling a blush find its way on my cheeks.

“We’re here,” He said.

I hesitated a few seconds. We were there… Did that mean I could take my blindfold of or not? It certainly seemed that way, being there meant I could see where we were right? But what if I wasn’t supposed to take my blindfold of, then I would just look stupid… wouldn’t I?

G-Dragon laughed. “Yes, you can take your blindfold off,”

I smiled slightly. Was it that obvious? I traced the back of my head, searching for the knot in the piece of cloth that was wrapped around my head. I found it and quickly unwrapped it, finally being able to see.

“I hope you like it,” G-Dragon said with a big smile. “I always come here when I’m stressed out,”

My mouth opened slightly. There was the lake, surrounded by trees, with the clear blue sky. It was his spot. But, I had been there before… then why did he have to blindfold me?

I turned to look at him, a bit flustered. “But, I already know-” G-Dragon shook his head still smiling.

“Didn’t you say you were starting all over?” I frowned and slowly nodded at his question. “Then this is your first time seeing this all,” He gestured to the surroundings and then faced me to look into my eyes. I was laughing to myself a bit. I hadn’t meant it that literally.  “Including this to be our first date,”

I shook my head and turned to look at the view. “You’re an idiot,”

“An idiot you’re about to go on a date with,” He grabbed my wrist from behind and pulled me with him. “Come, I want to show you a lot more,” He said excited as he smiled over his shoulder at me.

I felt the blush return to my cheeks and avoided his look by looking at the ground.

He sighed, in a relieved way. G-Dragon turned to look in front of him and smiled to himself. “I missed that look,” He whispered to himself.

 

We laughed as G-Dragon drove the car. I looked at him through the corner of my eye. His hair was blonde now, something I really wasn’t getting used to. It gave him this totally different appearance. He seemed much more like a… An independent man.

We stopped for a red light.

“O, could you drop me off at a hotel?” I asked.

G-Dragon raised an eyebrow and looked at me. “Not spending the night at my place?” A smirk formed on his lips.

“Spending the night? After a first date?” I asked playfully. I laughed and shook my head. “An affordable hotel, please,”

I heard G-Dragon laugh. “An affordable hotel it is,”

 

And an affordable hotel I got. Eventually. Let’s say that G-Dragon had to drive past quite a few hotels before we finally had reached the hotels that were affordable, for me. Well, at least I got my stay for the night and maybe a week or two. But if I was going to stay here longer, I had to get an apartment or so, otherwise it would get too expensive. How long was I actually going to stay? I hadn’t thought about that at all. I just went with TOP without thinking, not that I had a lot of time to think ahead.

I opened the door to my hotel room and walked in. I had told G-Dragon he could leave and that I could get a room myself. It turned out I actually needed him, since a few employees didn’t speak English at the hotel, at all. At that moment I could have used his Korean skills, but still… I was too afraid he would act just like TOP had last time and would want to pay for the room somehow. That was something I definitely didn’t want this time.

I dropped my luggage and stumbled into the room. A yawn escaped my lips as I closed the door behind me. The room wasn’t that luxurious, at all. Well, at least it had a TV, clean sheets and a clean bathroom. I would survive.

I opened my suitcase and pulled out my pyjamas. I put them on immediately and then went to my small, one person bed. I let my body fall onto it and as I did, the bed started cracking.

My eyes flew open. The bed, luckily was still in one piece.

I swallowed hard and turned – slowly – to my side. With every movement the bed made scary noises. Just my luck.

Maybe I shouldn’t have asked for their cheapest room.

I shrugged it off and closed my eyes. Letting my mind wander off.

It immediately wandered to my last visit here. The differences between the hotel rooms TOP had paid for me and the one I was able to afford. Not only that but also the dating back then. I was fake dating TOP and then started to date G-Dragon behind his, as well as everyone else’s, back. But that was because TOP acted so harsh all the time. If I had known he acted that harsh because he thought I had that ‘fake-boyfriend’, I might not have started dating G-Dragon.

But, then if last time I fled because of the situation I was in, officially dating G-Dragon not having any contact with TOP anymore, why was I doing the exact same thing now as well?