The First Night

One Call Away

 

“Where to?” Asked the driver who started the car.

“The hotel-”

“My apartment-”

We said simultaneously. I blinked a couple of times and turned my head to look at him with wide opened eyes. He had to be losing his mind.

 

He really had lost his mind.

I probably lost mine as well, for not arguing with him about this. ‘Cause a few minutes later we stood at the entrance of his apartment. He unlocked the door and walked in.

I sighed heavily, pictures of my last visit here crossed my mind but I just ignored them and entered his apartment.

“Okay, I want to make something clear now,” I said as TOP dropped his luggage in his room. “I will only be sleeping here for one night,” I said seriously, still trying to sound as unpleasant as I could.  “Tomorrow I’ll go to a hotel,”

TOP shrugged. I frowned, feeling a bit... Let down. Was it really that easy? He took me all this way to Korea and it didn’t even matter to him where I was? I shook my head.

TOP was in his room, probably unpacking his backpack. I looked around, searching his apartment for a place to sleep. Realizing that the only bed in his apartment was in his room, a king-size one.

I turned my head to look into the living room. The couch it was.

 

It was already evening when we arrived in Seoul, so the moment I had prepared my bed – after receiving a spare pillow and blanket from TOP - it was around eleven o’clock. I took my toothbrush and –paste and rushed into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

I looked at my reflection, seeing the dark circles already forming. I splashed some water in my face to freshen up and brushed my teeth. When I heard two knocks on the door.

I spit out the toothpaste. “Just a minute,” I mumbled as I drank some water. As I looked up in the mirror I saw TOP standing in the doorframe. He leant against the frame with his arms folded over his chest. Our eyes met in the reflection of the mirror  and a crooked smile appeared on his face.

I looked away to the sink and took my toothbrush and –paste as I took a deep breath.

“What?” He asked and I heard him walk into the bathroom.

“Nothing,” I said seriously. I looked up to my side, seeing TOP now stood next to me at the sink. He looked down at me, still having that same smile on his face. “Nothing?”

I felt my cheeks get hot but tried to hide this. “Just,” I shook my head and gestured to his face – to his expression. “Don’t look at me like that,”

I heard him laugh. “Why not?” My eyes opened wide as I felt fingers brush my cheek as he put my hair behind my ear.

“B-Because,” I quickly stepped away from him, not letting him distract by his touch or charisma. “We are hereby, not dating,” He frowned at me. “Yet,” I quickly added, knowing this somehow. “I don’t want to continue anything here from my last stay,  I want to start over,” I said strong minded. “So that means, we-” I pointed from him to me. “Are just friends,”

He was a bit flustered by this. He shook his head lightly, as if still processing my words.

I walked to the door. “Goodnight,” I said before going to my bed.

 

My eyes opened at the sound of a sigh. I sat up straight in my bed and looked around, brushing hair out of my face. I saw a shadow standing at the door of the bedroom. TOP.

He flicked on the light and I groaned in annoyance because of the sudden change in lighting.

“Are you serious?” He asked in a low husky and sleepy voice. He nodded at the couch I was sleeping on. We had had this talk already earlier today, when I was determined to sleep there.

“Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping?” I asked in a ragged voice as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. He went to his bed about an hour ago and I had assumed he was sleeping by now. I somehow couldn’t sleep yet, my mind was filled with thoughts that kept me awake.

He sighed, ignoring my question. “You aren’t going to sleep there,”

I raised an eyebrow. “As I said, I’m not going to sleep next to you,”

“We’ll switch,” I looked up at him in shock, he seemed completely serious.

“B-But… Why?” I asked loudly.

He took a deep breath. “I can’t let you sleep on the couch, okay?” He growled in his husky voice. “You sleep in there,” He nodded at his bedroom. I looked at his bedroom and back at him.

“W-What if I don’t want to?”

He sighed heavily. “Will you stop lying and just go?”

 

I closed the door behind me, leaving TOP with the couch as I entered his bedroom. As I looked around the room, I could only see dark shadows. I shuffled to the bed and hesitated as my fingers traced it.

I bit my lip and frowned, as I thought about if I really wanted to sleep there.

And, god how I wanted to sleep there. But somehow, something prevented me from diving in at first.

But this feeling only lasted a few seconds, when the tiredness kicked in again. I snuggled underneath the sheets and took a deep breath.

I felt my cheeks turn red and giggled as I inhaled his scent. A smile appeared on my face.

I had worked so hard to let this part of me go, when I was at home. But somehow this just immediately woke up the giggly-school-girl in me.

I turned around and looked up at the ceiling.

I was back.

 

~~

Ugh... You don't know how hard it was to write this all. I had like, THE BIGGEST WRITERS BLOCK of my life. I have written multiple chapters, the deleted them again because they just went on and on about nothing, than I gave it a break for a few days, started writing another fanfiction that also wouldn't work, then went back to this fanfic, wrote a few chapters, deleted them again because they just weren't good... It was horrible xD.

Anywho, as you might see from here on the story is finally really going to start - but I don't have any idea about how I'm going continue from here on. But then again, that's just how I write :). And ofcourse, to all of you readers out there: Thank you so much for reading the story and for the lovely comments (on Small mistake, as well as this one)! I really love reading them, :3. xx Muffins