A Call

One Call Away

 

I was laying on my bed in my pyjamas, unable to fall asleep yet.

Has he just kissed me?

I felt this sudden jolt of energy at the thought of his lips. I grabbed  my pillow and quickly buried my face in it. I rolled onto my stomach and kicked my legs on the bed, trying to let all this energy out. Well, the school girl side of me certainly had returned. I just couldn’t stop replaying the scene in my head. His eyes, the look in them, his lips… And the touch of them.

The best thing was that I was going to see him again, tomorrow. And he was the one that said that, without any influence of anyone.

I couldn’t help but smile into my pillow. He indeed wanted to spend time with me.

I lifted my head and looked at my alarm clock. It was 1 o’clock. In the morning. I cursed myself and quickly pulled the sheets over me. I closed my eyes. ___, sleep already.

 

The next morning I woke up at this horrible ringing. After groaning and pulling the sheets over my head a couple of times I decided to just snooze the alarm. Another few minutes wouldn’t hurt. I turned around and hit the snooze button. But the ringing didn’t stop. I mumbled some bad words and hit the snooze button again, this time with a fist. The ringing still didn’t stop.

I frowned. That was odd… I opened my eye slowly and looked at the alarm. Soon my other eye also flew open. It was already lunchtime! I quickly sat up straight and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

Ring ring ring.

I looked at my pedestal and there lay my phone, buzzing and ringing like crazy. I sighed heavily and crawled to that side of the bed so I could take the call.

“…Yes?” I answered half asleep.

“When are you giving a housewarming party?” I blinked a couple of times, trying to match the right person to the voice.

“CL?” I asked, shocked myself.

“I myself like a ‘small’ party and am in the mood for one too, so what about tomorrow?”

I frowned. “How did you get my number?”

“I didn’t, this is Bom’s phone,” I could practically see her smirk through the phone. “Anyway, how about  I invite everyone around eight?”

Wait what? “Y-you invite? Aren’t  I the one supposed to-”

“Okay, I’m not sure yet about the guest list, but it won’t be too crowded! Don’t worry,”

“CL, I don’t think you understand I-”

“O, got to go, tomorrow, eight o’clock!”

Beep.

“-I don’t want to throw,” I sighed and lowered my phone. “A housewarming party,” I looked down at my sheets. What had just happened?

So, CL was my party planner now. The only thing I had to do, was be at home during the party, furthermore everything was taken care off. There was just this one thing I wasn’t so sure about: How was she going to make a guest list? I didn’t know people here, so was this going to be a small get to together? Probably not. I didn’t know CL very well, but she didn’t seem like the person to throw ‘small’ parties.

 

I was busy doing the dishes when I heard two knocks on the door. Whilst drying a cup with a towel I walked to the door and looked through the peek hole.

“Since when are you and CL close friends?” TOP asked in a husky voice while reading something on his phone.

“We’re not,” I said and frowned. “Why?”

I walked into the kitchen and put the dry cup on the cupboard, TOP walked in and closed the door.

“Here,” He said and nudged at his phone. I took it from him and scanned the information on it. My eyes opened wide. It was a text from CL, with quite some information. She was not only inviting people, but also telling them they could bring two extra people with them. I swallowed hard. This party indeed wasn’t going to be small.

 

I frowned to myself. Who would CL have invited to the party? And who would these people bring? I had to buy drinks, food for all of them and how was I supposed to but this all without knowing how many people were coming? I could buy too much… Which would be just a waste of the money. But I might also not but enough, which would result in unhappy guests. I smiled to myself at the thought. Unhappy guests would leave, so maybe this was a good idea. That way the party would end quickly if it was too big. I didn’t even want a housewarming party wasn’t it-

“Ya!” A low husky voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I immediately sat up straight. TOP sat across of me and looked straight at me with a raised eyebrow. “Will you stop wandering off?” He asked seriously.

“O, sorry,” I said and smiled awkwardly. I had been like this during our whole dinner. TOP had taken me to this fancy restaurant, but the only thing I could think off was that party tomorrow. I was just not sure what to do about it. Since there was nothing to do. I made me feel, so un-needed.

When the waiter took our empty plates, I heard a phone ring. TOP got his out of his pocket and looked at the caller.

“I need to take this,” He said, stood up and walked away. I watched him until he was out of sight, wondering who might be calling at this time.

A few minutes later TOP returned, carrying our coats as well. He put on his and then held up mine so he could help me get it on.

“I already paid,” He said and looked me in the eyes, his facial expression looked stern, but his eyes somehow weren’t showing this. I frowned. There was something going on. “I just got a call from your landlord, he says there is a gas leak in your apartment,” My eyes opened wide and I felt my heart drop.

“W-What?” I asked shocked. “B-But- How?”

TOP shrugged “The fire department is currently checking if everything’s okay, but you won’t be able to enter the building tonight,”

I blinked a couple of times, a bit dumbfounded by the situation. “But all my belongings,”

“Are taken care off,” TOP quickly answered. I looked up at him and frowned slightly. They surely gave him a lot of information in just one call.

“But, isn’t my landlord supposed to call me?” I asked.

TOP swallowed. “He couldn’t reach you,” I tilted my head slowly and tried to think this thing through, but my mind was racing.

“…N-Now where do I sleep tonight?”

A grin appeared on TOP’s lips. My shoulders dropped and I mentally hit myself.

O shoot.