A Reunion

One Call Away

 

“W-What are you doing here?”

He was there he was really there. In my home country, in my home. My heart was beating fast in my chest and I couldn’t help but stare at him, still in disbelief. He stood there, at the other side of the kitchen, looking straight into my eyes.

I didn’t know what to do.

Everything I had said goodbye to, everything I was slowly trying to forget was now suddenly so clear. So close.

“___,” I gasped slightly when he said my name, his husky voice, that used to be this distant memory, had come back to live.

“Why are you here?” I asked softly, unable to produce more sound.

He slowly walked to me. I wanted to run away, as fast as I could, lock myself in the bathroom and tell myself to wake up from this dream.

“Because I wanted to see you,” TOP said. His low seductive voice send shivers down my spine. I was able to live without it for so long, but now my drug was back.

I shook my head while he was talking, not wanting to believe what he was saying. Still telling myself he wasn’t really there. I closed my eyes and tried to ignore his voice. This had to be a dream, the kind that was so wonderful while you were dreaming but felt worthless about when you woke up.

“You can’t be here,” I said, still not opening my eyes.

“Why not?” I bit on my under lip, hearing he stood close.

I made fists out of my hands and knew I was trembling with anger, knowing that the hard time I had saying goodbye had now been for nothing. But then again I wasn’t only angry, but I didn’t want to know what the other feeling was. “You just can’t!” I yelled and quickly walked out of the kitchen, into the hall.

“___,” He walked after me. I could hear by his footsteps that he wasn’t trying to catch up with me, he was just staying close enough so I could hear him. I walked to the door and opened it. I had to get away. That was the only thing my mind was telling me, completely stressed out by the situation. “I know you insisted on never seeing me again, but saying goodbye at the airport in a few minutes, just doesn’t work for me,”

“Then I’ll say it again,” I said, trying to stay strong. “Goodbye,”

I heard him sigh, but I didn’t stop walking. “___, don’t act stupid,” I felt him grab my wrist to stop me from walking but I quickly pulled it away, out of his hand. “Aish! Do you know what I have done to get here?”

I shook my head. “Nope. But if it was so difficult, then why even bother?” I said, having calmed myself down a bit and finally finding the strength I needed. Then I felt him grab my wrist again, this time immediately pulling me to a halt and turning me around.

He held my arm up so I couldn’t turn back around anymore. I tried to look as angry and unwelcoming as I could, which was really hard since I absolutely didn’t feel that way.

“Why bother?” He repeated as if it was the dumbest question ever asked, his hazel eyes locked with mine. “Do I really need to explain?”

I took a deep breath. “Well, I thought I had made myself clear at the airport six months back,” Even though I tried so hard to look unwelcoming and mean, he somehow didn’t buy it. He smirked.

“I remember you hesitating,”

“I want to go,” I managed to say, without stuttering, but my voice sounded fragile.

TOP looked straight into my eyes. “I don’t want you to,”

I closed my eyes, biting on my lip fiercely this time.

Why was he all of a sudden saying all the things I had wanted him to say, weeks ago, days ago, even hours ago.

I looked up at him, blinking away the tears that were forming in my eyes.

My heart was telling me to stay, by hurting a lot. The decision suddenly became so much harder. I wanted to say something, but could only look from side to side.

I shook my head, remembering the moment. The way I always pictured it, I walked off saying I never wanted to see him again and then leaving without any hesitation. At least, that was what my mind made it look like.

Had I really shown that much hesitation that he saw it so clearly?

“If I would have ran into you at the hotel, you wouldn’t even have left for the airport,” He said with a crooked smile. I looked at him with big eyes. Where did this side of him suddenly come from? All this confidence about a ‘what if’.

I scuffed and pulled my arm out of his hand, walking past him, back to my house.

“If you came here to say how it all could have went, then you can now leave with your goal achieved,” I said annoyed. If this was his way of doing, whatever he was trying to do, he wasn’t really good at it.

“___,” He said in a harsh voice, making my body immediately stop walking. “I came here to get you back,”

I blinked a couple of times, before slowly turning around.

“W-What?”

“I want you to come back with me, to Korea,”