The Barrier

One Call Away

 

“I’ll be sleeping on the couch,” I said as we entered TOP’s apartment. I heard him sigh.

“Why won’t you just sleep in the bed?” He said annoyed. We’d been having this discussions for our whole drive to the apartment now and it wasn’t exactly over.

“I-It just feels awkward,” I said as I closed the door to the apartment and looked at the door to his bedroom. Chills went down my spine as the memories of the fight between TOP and G-Dragon re-entered my mind. It was a room of bad memories.

“It’s not like you haven’t slept there before,” He said and raised his eyebrow. “Also won’t be the first time you would sleep in the same bed as me,”

I felt my cheeks flush red. I looked down at the ground and stuttered trying to form a sentence.

“T-That is different,” I finally managed to say. TOP tilted his head, questioning me in what way it was different. “I was drunk then,”

TOP immediately burst out laughing. “You’re acting way too innocent,”

I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. Without noticing I started to kick the floor in frustration. If there was one thing I regretted doing in my life, it was drinking that night. Because that resulted in me ending up in bed with – I looked from underneath my lashes to see TOP going into his kitchen, I sighed – with him. What might have been one of the best nights I cannot recall, was quickly followed by the worst day of my life.

So that was a thing I was avoiding at all cost.

TOP came back into the living room, drinking a glass of, what I assumed was, water. He raised an eyebrow, questioning me what I was going to do.

I took a deep breath and shook my head, disagreeing with myself on this. “Okay,” I said with a sigh. I could see TOP smirk. I swallowed and quickly added the rest of my sentence. “But only with a pillow barrier,” I crossed my arms over my chest and tilted my head slightly. Now it was my turn to question him and raise an eyebrow.

 

So there I lay, on the left side of the king size bed. TOP was lying next to me, on the right side. But there was a row of pillows separating us. I heard him sigh at the other side of the barrier and proudly smiled to myself, partially relieved as well. I closed my eyes and snuggled into the blanket.

As I lay there, still awake after a lot of time, listening to the heavy breathing of the man at the other side of the pillows, I started to doubt myself.

Where those pillows really necessary? If this relationship was going to hold on, I was going to sleep next to him a lot more and I don’t think this many pillow would be included. I shook my head and bit on my lip. No, it was needed! I might not be the most innocent person around, but how many dates did we have up till now? Three? Four? Whatever the count was, for me it was too less to actually sleep in one bed with that person. I nodded proudly to myself. Exactly, ___. I had to survive quite a bit more dates to be able to dismiss the barrier.

Four. It was four dates. I knew the count. I knew it o, so well. But for some reason I was trying to convince myself that I wasn’t paying so much attention.

I sighed. Even though I was paying a lot of attention…

 

I inhaled deeply as my senses slowly came back to me after my sleep. I felt the softness of the sheets, draped over my hips and legs as I stretched them. But when I wanted to stretch my arms, I noticed something weird.

My eyes opened slightly, still dazed I tried to find out the thing that was off. It was still dark in the room. The only thing I could see was the vague shadows of the rim of the bed and my pillow. I frowned and tried to move my arms again. That was when I knew.

The thing that was pretending me to move my arms, was another pair of, muscular, arms wrapped around mine. I felt my heart rate fasten as I tried to remove myself from the arms of my, soon to be dead, almost-boyfriend. But it did no good.

Or should I say it did.

I heard him inhale and exhale deeply as he pulled me closer. I felt my cheeks immediately flush red at the feeling of his chest against my back.

“…Don’t be so active…” He mumbled in a low husky whisper. It was clear that I had waken him. Which meant that he had been sleeping like this.

“Didn’t we have-”

“…Sshh…” He cut me off with a husky low murmer. “Not so loud,” He yawned.  “It’s morning,”

I sighed angrily. “Didn’t we have an agreement?” I hissed in a whisper as I tried to free myself from his arms. “You would stay on your half of the bed, on the other side of the pillow barrier,”

He chuckled. “I must’ve gotten the sides mixed up,” He mumbled in a sleepy voice, into my hair. Shivers went down my spine as I felt his warm breath tickle my neck. I swallowed hard and tried to recover my senses. I shouldn’t be enjoying this the way I did right now.

“Well, n-now you know what your side is,” I said in a shaky voice. “So why don’t you go back there?”

I heard him sigh. “You’re no fun,” He mumbled as he unfolded his arms. I quickly jumped out of bed and saw him rolling to his side again. The pillow barrier was long gone. Ravages of the barrier were now found throughout the room. I shook my head. Why in the world did I think I pillow barrier would help.

 

After I finally managed to get past the awkwardness, that was evoked that morning, I found my mind quickly drifting back to my apartment and the gas leak. Which immediately made me anxious, so I called my landlord for more information about the current state of the apartment. And well, he gave some information indeed.

I hit my fist on the bathroom door. There was no answer. But I knew he was in there. I hit my fist on the door again.

After a few more seconds the door opened and I faced a frowning TOP. He was still drying his hair with a towel, but furthermore  he was fully dressed.

“Seunghyun,” I said in a harsh tone, while twirling my phone in my hand. “Is there something you might want to tell me?” I looked up at him through the corner of my eye. He was staring at me with a surprised look, but he didn’t know what I was talking about.

“Something about ‘the talk’ you had with my landlord?” His eyes opened wide, but he quickly managed to keep a straight face.

“Yes, what’s with it?” He said as he walked into the living room, avoiding my eyes.

“Well I just got off the phone with my landlord,” Even though his back was facing me, I could still see he froze at my words. “Yes, and he told me my apartment was fine,” I said.

“That’s a relief,” He said in his low voice, drying his hair. But still he wasn’t facing me. I was kind of enjoying the torturing.

“That wasn’t all he told me, Seunghyun,” I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. “It turned out there was no gas leak and that he never even contacted you,”

TOP didn’t move and just stood there his back facing me. I sighed.

“So, why did you lie to me?”

 

~~~

Two updates for today: and sorry if they are really lame not that interesting, I'm trying to overcome this huge writers block I had without ruining the story, but I promise that the next chapter will be very interesting. That's the one I have been writing to the past chapters and the one that will reveal some things I have had in my mind at the beginning of the story... So, please anticipate it because I will make it worth it lovelies~! <3