Chapter 5

One Call Away

 

There I stood, at the corner of the room and there he was, laying half in the guests bed. If I hadn’t known better, this scene would look really disturbing. Especially since I knew my mom was in the room next to this.

My heart was beating fast, the last time I had seen him like this was, well, that night. Or should I say, the night. Only then, I was also not wearing that much. I bit on my under lip. He had trained, and not just a little bit. His chest was so much more muscular as well as his arms. Dear god, why are you testing me so much?

He turned to look at me, his eyes still half closed. He smirked. “If you don’t like it, then why are you looking?”

I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn’t think of any comeback. “Well, I-” I shook my head and looked down at the ground. “I’ll be in the kitchen,” I said pointing to the door and immediately walking away. As I left the room, I heard him chuckle. I closed the door behind me quickly and let my back rest against it. I sighed in relief and let my head fall against the door. I closed my eyes. “Stupid, stupid, stupid, me!” I whispered to myself while hitting my head against the door, trying not to make it sound as if I was knocking of course.

That’s when something hit me. My dad, probably, still had no idea what was going on, who this guy exactly was and what he was doing in our house. At least, I hoped he didn’t come up with his own theories.

My mom was sitting at the kitchen table, looking straight at me while eating her breakfast. Well, at least she seemed to enjoy this situation. I walked to her and sat down across of her.

“Does dad know?” I asked, nervously fidgeting with my fingers. She shook her head.

“I’ll talk to him about this all later today,” She said after she had eaten something. “While you two are somewhere talking this through,”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Why somewhere else? Why not at home?” I asked.

She shrugged. “Well, I think it’d be better for him if you two could talk where your parents aren’t always around,”

I looked at her with an annoyed look. There was my  reasonable mom, always there when she wasn’t wanted.

“Why don’t you two go out,” I said quickly, as I a comeback. I quite stupid comeback.

“Okay,” She said wiping . “I’ll get your dad and we’re off,”

 

“Don’t you forget to talk with him about everything,” My mom said sternly, right before she got in the car. “And do it thoroughly!”

I glared at her. If only looks could kill… I thought by myself as I stubbornly didn’t wave back at my parents as they drove away. I closed the front door and looked into the house.

It really hadn’t taken them more than ten minutes to get ready and take off.

I sighed heavily. Knowing that I now was alone with TOP at home. It felt so, awkward. I didn’t know what to say to him, or if I wanted to say anything to him. I actually really didn’t, didn’t I?

As I was having a debate in my head, the door to the guest room opened. I froze as I saw TOP come out. He wore jeans with a grey sweater and – as soon as I could get my eyes of him – I saw he was carrying a backpack.

“W-Where’s that for?” I asked, without showing any emotion.
“I have to go back,” He said in his low voice, his face not showing any emotion either.

I quickly looked away from his backpack and at him. “What?” I asked with big eyes. “When?”

“This afternoon,” He said. “I think they are missing me by now,”

Missing him? “Doesn’t YG know you’re here?” I asked surprised. I knew his company a bit by now and I knew for once, that they weren’t exactly founded on people not following their schedules.

He shook his head, his facial expression looking stern. But then a smirk found its way on his face.

“Why are you suddenly so concerned?”

I looked away, feeling my cheeks get a bit warm. “I am not concerned,” I said quickly. “Just curious,”

He smiled and shook his head as he walked to me. My eyes opened wide, as slowly distance between us began to disappear. I swallowed hard and I felt my heart start beating faster as he was standing only a few inches away from me.

Why were my feet so stubborn! No matter what I tried, they wouldn’t move. I just stood there, trying not to look at the person who was hard not to see, standing so close. Then he bowed forward a bit. I felt my heart start beating even faster as I questioned myself what he was doing. He wasn’t going to try something, right? I hit myself mentally for my own reaction to this, partially hating it. But the other part wanted nothing more.

I heard a soft thud and TOP stood up straight again. I looked to my side, the side where the thud was to be heard, and there stood his backpack. He had just taken his backpack off.

And my mind had gone crazy already.

He smiled down at me, obviously enjoying my reaction and then walked back.

It was all repeating itself. Those stupid insects in my stomach were slowly waking up.

How was I going to survive this afternoon now?

This. Was. Not. Going. As. Planned.