High School Heart Break

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

(A/N: Text written in this are flashbacks, except the small sentences in the middle of the normal writing, they are thoughts. Enjoy ^^)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

He looked up at me and smiled. His cheeks were slightly red and he bit his lip. I had never seen Kim Jonghyun nervous before. He was always the smart guy that ruled the school. But this attitude suited him.

“I-I really like you, Mi-Na”, he stuttered. He didn’t meet my gaze as he said it. His eyes intensely stared into the ground.

By his words, I felt an incredible joy inside me. He was the first guy to confess to me and the feeling was wonderful.

“I like you too”, I giggled and hid my face in my pink sweater. A small smile formed on Jonghyun’s lips and now he dared to meet my gaze again.

He chuckled, relieved. His breath was clear in the cold December air. He hesitantly looked down at my lonely hand.

His hand slowly found mine. He took a deep breath, but then his intertwined his fingers with mine. It was obvious this was the first time, being romantic with a girl, for Jonghyun. But I was new at this too.

I smiled and looked up at Jonghyun. His lips were so welcoming in that moment. I just wanted to kiss them. I wanted my first kiss to be with Jonghyun.

But I was unsure how. Was I even supposed to think this? Shouldn’t the guy take the first step? Suddenly all the knowledge I had from dramas seemed unusable.

Jonghyun started to lean closer to my face. His brown eyes looked into mine when he did. His lips slightly parted and I felt a pang of nervousness in my stomach, mixed with excitement.

An inch before my face, Jonghyun stopped. His eyes looked at my lips. I waited for him to go on, feeling ready for my first.

But then Jonghyun’s eyes met mine. His fingers removed a lock of hair from my face and he pulled away.

My disappointment was not to hide. A pout formed on my lips and I looked at the ground, embarrassed over myself. He didn’t even want to kiss me. Why would he?

“Y-you just had some hair in your face”, Jonghyun stuttered but he didn’t pull his hand away from mine. “Maybe he does like me”, I thought to myself.

I walked around with that silly thought for a week or so. That Kim Jonghyun really did like me, but nervousness just stopped him.

But then the rumors started. “Have you heard it? Kim Jonghyun is dating Shin Sekyung”, the girls gossiped to each other. When I first heard the news I felt a pang in my heart. I wanted to cry.

But I swallowed the thought and got used to it. Instead I blamed Jonghyun for giving me false hopes. I stopped greeting him in the hallways even though he always met me with a huge smile.

Jonghyun finally understood I wasn’t interested in a betrayer like him and he stopped smiling at me in the hallways. He always looked heartbroken when he passed me but he was to blame for that.

Several times he tried to approach me, talk to me. But I cut him off and escaped.

That was my first heartbreak.

I vain smiled formed on my lips with the memory. My first crush, my first heartbreak in 8th grade.

In so many ways Key’s brother, Jonghyun, reminded me of the 8th grade sweetheart, Jonghyun. Their looks, personality, everything.

Maybe I just imagined it. 8th grade was a long time ago and I wasn’t even sure I remembered Jonghyun right. But every time I looked at the present Jonghyun, he just reminded me so much of the past one.

I shook my head and continued to study my newly painted toes. Why do I always have to fall for Jonghyuns? I asked myself.

I wasn’t even supposed to fall for anybody now except Key. Key was still sleeping. The early morning sun had risen and I was wide awake, trying to forget last night’s happenings.

But the feeling of Jonghyun’s lips on mine, stayed on my mind. No matter what I did, my thoughts wandered back to him.

He and his stupid comments, lame jokes, cliché sayings, bright smile and golden eyes. Why did I feel so attracted to him?

I looked at Key again. He and his sarcastic comment, big ego, arrogant attitude, nagging character, y movements and romantic love confessions.  Why was I just as attracted to him?

Well Key was obvious. I loved him and we had been together for almost 2 years now. We always knew what each other thought and felt. If I came home sad, Key knew right away. He would forget about sarcastic comments and diva mode, just snuggle with me till I feel asleep.

That was what I loved about Key the most. When I really needed someone, he was able to pull his façade down and show me how much he loved me.

Key had his moments. And those moments were precious as gold. I couldn’t imagine living without them. That’s why I suddenly knew what I had to do.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I love comments ^^ Come on guys :P