Waking Up In The Wrong Bed

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

The morning birds woke up Mi-Na. So did the warmth from a body laying close to her. Mi-Na turned around to kiss Key good morning.

When her lips were just an inch from the face, which was supposed to be Key’s, her eyes widened. The person facing her dropped his jaw when he saw her face.

Mi-Na and Jonghyun parted as lighting.

“YAH! What are you doing in my tent!?” Jonghyun screamed.

“What? This is Key’s and my tent!” Mi-Na screamed back but her thoughts were more focused on one thing; did this mean she spent all night cuddling with Jonghyun?

“Your tent is over there!” Jonghyun pointed to the right. Mi-Na’s eyes widened as she realized he was right.

She quickly bowed. “Omo! I’m so sorry.”

She ran out of the tent and stumbled into her own. And yes; Key was soundly sleeping in the right tent. Mi-Na gently wrapped his arms around her body and pretended she had slept there all night long.

 

Things at breakfast back at the hotel were awkward. As usual Key was ranting about stuff no one cared about, probably the hottest summer colors. He didn’t even notice how quiet how quiet Jonghyun and Mi-Na were.

Jonghyun kept coughing awkwardly. Mi-Na’s face was covered by a deep red shade and she avoided all eye-contact.

“So”, Key said and looked up at Jonghyun and Mi-Na. “I slept well last night. How about you guys?”

Another awkward cough escaped Jonghyun’s mouth and Mi-Na almost choked her bagel.

“Um… fine, thanks”, she murmured low but Key managed to hear. He nodded and turned to Jonghyun.

“And you?”

Jonghyun’s eyes flickered towards Mi-Na. “Eh…” he muttered and scratched the back of his head.

The sound of a car entering the parking lot sounded. Jonghyun grabbed the opportunity to escape and stood up. “Excuse me”, he bowed.

Key’s gaze followed Jonghyun who almost tripped over the other table in his hurry.

“Well, that was weird”, Key commented.

Mi-Na shrugged her shoulders. “Isn’t he always like that?”

Key laughed and hugged her. “Aigo, so true.” Mi-Na let out a false laugh while her eyes were glued to Jonghyun and the newly arrived girl he was talking to.

She could see them through the window. As Jonghyun pulled the girl closer and hugged her tightly Mi-Na’s heart dropped.

When he leaned in and kissed her lips she couldn’t control herself. “No!” she shouted and stood up.

Everybody stopped talking and turned to her. Key’s curious eyes rested on her and he laid a hand on her shoulder. “Maybe you should sit down again”, he whispered.

Mi-Na stared at Jonghyun and the girl. She looked at Key who had a frown on his face. “Sorry”, she mumbled and bowed. She sat down, deeply embarrassed.

“Hey, isn’t that Hwa-Young?” Taemin asked with his mouth full of cereal. He looked out the window, playing with the spoon in his mouth.

Soon, the entire table peeked out the window.

“So that’s Hwa-Young…” Mi-Na bitterly thought, fearing the girl’s relation with Jonghyun.

Maybe this was going to be a double-wedding and Hwa-Young was to be Jonghyun’s bride. Or maybe she was already pregnant with his child. Soon they’d have a happy little family with dog, car and house. Meanwhile Mi-Na would be growing old alone with 49 cats.

“Let’s go say hi”, Onew interrupted her off-path thoughts. They all stood up and left the breakfast. “Yeah, let’s go slap the ”, Key muttered. Minho sent Key a dark gaze, which made Key shut up.

When Hwa-Young saw the entering mob she parted from Jonghyun and smiled. “Hi Taeminnie”, she said and lightly hugged him.

She passed on to Minho and Onew. As she reached Key, she hesitated. “Hi Key”, she politely said and reached out her hand.

Key just sent her the elevator-glare. “This ”, he mockingly commented. Hwa-Young frowned and removed her hand. “Excuse me?”

Key put up a bright smile and reached his hand forward. “Hi Hwa-Young”, he beamed. Hwa-Young narrowed her eyes at him. At last she grabbed his hand.

She turned to Mi-Na. “Nice to meet you. You must be Mi-Na-sshi, right?” she asked.

Mi-Na just blankly stared at Hwa-Young, both in awe and jealousy. She was so pretty. Her smile was bright and sunny. Little wonder if Jonghyun married her.

Hwa-Young furrowed her eyebrows at the frozen Mi-Na. Jonghyun took a step forward, noticing the awkward situation.

“Um. Hwa-Young-ah, this is Key’s fiancé, Mi-Na. Mi-Na-sshi this is Hwa-Young… My… eh”, Jonghyun’s voice faded.

“His date for the wedding”, Mi-Na continued. “They even complete each other’s sentences”, Mi-Na darkly thought.

But Mi-Na was finally called back to the earth. Even though date was bad enough, is was far better than wife.

But the circumstances soon turned more complicated than expected.

 

Last no-actual-point chapter! (even though there’s a hint of point in this.) Then….DRAMA! :D