Reunion With the Past

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

Time for Jonghyun’s side of the story ;) Uh, and thanks for the awesome comments that came with the last chapter <3

Jonghyun’s P.O.V

I watched their shapes disappear down the streets. Key’s tall body beside Mi-Na’s small petite one. Key whispered something in Mi-Na’s ear, and even from this distance I could hear Mi-Na laugh.

On the inside of my eyes the clear picture of Mi-Na’s happy face appeared. Her face would probably be covered of a wide smile while her eyes would be shining.

Just the picture of her face, smiling, made a small smile sneak upon my face. But it quickly vanished again as I watched Key grab Mi-Na’s hand.

Mi-Na closed her hand around Key and began the swing widely with their arms, which made both of them laugh loudly.

I sighed and kicked the air. I questioned myself how my life turned this complicated. Just a few months ago, I was a free man.

Now, it was different. Mi-Na had the power over me. I thought I was in control of myself. For a second, I dared to believe that I had the power over my body, my mind and my heart. But within a moment, without I even realized it, Mi-Na cast a spell over me. I’m enchanted by her and all I can think of is her.

Suddenly, the golden brown color of Mi-Na’s eyes is my favorite color. The sound of her voice makes me feel safe. It makes me feel like I belong there; it’s like the beat of my mother’s heart.

I’ve stared at her for so long, that I know every spin on her body. I know what her eyes says, even when they’re unreadable.

Her warm smile makes me melt. It’s like warm honey running through my veins; curing all of my bruises and diseases. The only one left is love disease, but it can’t be cured. 

When the smile is bitter, I know I’ve said something wrong. My body suddenly wants to hug her. Hug her so tight, until she finally smiles again. When the tears start to flow, it’s even worse. The small drops of water escaping from her eyes are rare. So the thought, that it’s my fault makes me want to vomit. I want to disappear so she can live better without me; as long as she’s happy. In the end, that’s all that matters.

No matter how many other girls I see, they’re not even close to comparing to her. Yes, they may be beautiful. But they’ll never reach her level. Mi-Na is beautiful inside out. No matter how you twist and turn her, there’s no ugly side. So when another girl talks to me, I smile to myself and think, “they’ll never reach my girl.”

My heart beats for her - literally. When she throws me one of her magical glances, my heart is so close to jump out of my body. I’ll feel an urge to cover my chest. For safety reasons, because without I even realize it, she has stolen my heart and I will never get it back.

It’s Mi-Na’s property now and she doesn’t even pay for it. There’s no guaranty, that she will give me hers instead. Yet, I still eagerly offer her my heart. With her arms wide open, she accepts it…

Or at least that’s what I thought. But then her next words a riddle. I spend hours and hours searching for the answer. I even push my need to sleep away; I must find the answer no matter what it takes.

But the thought of her with another man is unbearable. It makes me want to cry; blubber like a little boy again. I actually consider starting digging the whole for your own grave. There’s really no point in life anymore.

But even if it’s a no, I’m ready. I’m ready to stay behind her back, loving her in silence until the eternity ends.

Suddenly, I realized, that I had stood like frozen, blankly staring into nothing. The people passing me sent me weird looks. Some of them even turned around and walked backwards, so they could get a better look at me.

I admitted to myself, how much of a weirdo I must have looked like in that moment, and hurriedly started to walk again.

But my steps were stopped, when a girl and I walked right into each other. The girl dropped the papers she had in her hands on the ground.

As the gentleman I was, I apologized and we both collected her papers before the wind snatched them away.

But my fingers caught a certain paper, there was to remind me of my past. The paper was stuffed with scribbled notes.

At first glance the notes may have looked like random words and sentences. But truthfully they were all complements. Complements that was written to the person next to me. Yet, the complements were also written by the person next to me.

I only knew one person who would do something crazy like that. She carried those self-cheering notes everywhere. If she forgot to bring them, she panicked.

“Hwa-Young-ah?” I asked, and turned my head in her direction. Correctly, Hwa-Young was sitting next to me.

Her eyes widened when she heard my name. Her big beautiful eyes looked at me. When she saw my face, kindly smiling at her, she dropped all of the papers again. “J-jonghyun oppa?”