Key's IQ isn't that good

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

My palms became sweaty and I could feel my heart speed up. Jonghyun seemed nervous to and send panicking looks to me from the corner of his eye.

Key smirked and almost seemed to enjoy us, being nervous like this. Key’s reaction was a bit surprising. I had expected him to get angry or at least sad. But now, he seemed so calm.

“I know this is hard for both of you”, Key started.

“I mean, of course it’s not easy. You both want me and hate each other for taking up my time. But really guys, no need to war. Of course, I can find the time to both of you. Jonghyun, don’t hate on Mi-Na. We’ll still have bromance time together, right? And Mi-Na? Why are you even mad at Jonghyun? We are engaged after all”, Key said.

A long silence followed. Jonghyun and I communicated with knowing looks.

“Say”, I started. “You think I hate Jonghyun?”

Key straight forwardly nodded. “You do hate him, right?”

I blinked a few times and secretly watched Jonghyun. He seemed to still be in shock over how selfish his brother was. I mean, yes. We know Key had a big ego. But this big - none of us had expected him to be this blind.

But maybe it was for the best. It might be positive that Key was blinded so much by his amazing self. That just meant, that he hadn’t noticed the real reason why Jonghyun and I were this awkward. So it would be easier to forget if Key had no business in it.

Key raised his brows, waiting for an answer from me. I hesitated once, but then I decided to join the play.

“You’re right. I can’t stand Jonghyun”, I lied. I watched Jonghyun furrow his eyebrows.

I kicked his foot under the table, to make him catch the point. “Ow!” Jonghyun pouted and rubbed his ankle. “What did you do that for?” he asked me, completely lost.

“Knock it off, Mi-Na. No need to be violent. Let’s just talk this out”, Key wisely said as he had a clue about what was going on.

I ignored Key but tried to teleport my thoughts to Jonghyun, by sending him very angry eyes. He finally caught my point or he really got mad at me, I don’t know. Either way, he turned around to Key and said, “I hate stupid Mi-Na too.”

Key sighed and shook his head. “Aish, these kids. They just can’t get along well…”

Key studied Jonghyun and I for a long moment. I think, he really felt like an important psychologist in that moment.

I don’t know what Key expected, but he looked like he wasn’t completely buying our act. So I decided to take it a little further. For safety reasons.

 

“You know”, I crossed my arms. “Jonghyun is so stupid. Like, he has no brain at all”, I told Key.

Jonghyun dropped his jaw besides me. Apparently he didn’t think I would pull it further.

Key smirked and nodded. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Jonghyun asked Key. “Are you taking her side, or what?”

Key ignored Jonghyun’s statement since it kinda did ruin his professional image. Instead he placed a pair of stylish glasses - don’t ask me why he carried those around - on the tip of this nose, to look extra smart. He couldn’t fool me, he only reminded me of Miranda from Devil Wears Prada - his favorite movie. Maybe that’s what he aimed for in first place.

“You know”, he told us with a deep voice. “It might be a good idea to talk things out. You might as well just tell each other how you feel”, Key advised us.

He turned slightly in his seat and pointed at Jonghyun with his glasses. Jonghyun, who still looked rather dissatisfied by the whole situation.

“Say something”, Key demanded.

Jonghyun obviously took that advice to him. “I think Mi-Na is being unfair here. She was the one who started it all”, Jonghyun told Key. “Now she’s ing till the world ends.”

The last dis, made me laugh, mockingly. “Oh, so you’re that poor now? And what the hell? I didn’t start this at all. You could just stop being so flirty.”

Key obviously misunderstood that, since he start to rant about, how flirting with your brother was completely innocent.

But Jonghyun seemed to catch my point and suddenly this argue was no longer fake. “Uh duh! When was I the flirty one?”

“Oh, oops, Jonghyun, I hit your oh-so-wonderful balls, again. Sorry!” Jonghyun tried to copy my voice by making his own very high pitched.

“I do not sound like that!” I defended myself. “And how is that even flirty!?”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Trust me, talking about a man’s balls are not a good base for a friendly relationship”, Jonghyun mockingly told me.

“This is still all your fault since you were the once who kissed me!” I blamed him even if I knew, It was a bit unfair.

“Oh please”, Jonghyun’s eyes took the travel around the globe. “You were the one, who made a big deal out of it.”

Our argue was interrupted by Key, that suddenly started to clap. My eyes widened when I realized, that Key just witnessed this revealing argue.

“Excellent, excellent!” Key beamed. “You really showed your emotions. Though, I still wonder”, Key turned to Jonghyun. “When did we kiss?” he grinned.

Jonghyun and I face palmed ourselves. Did Key listen to us, at all?

_______________________________________________________

[Insert stupid excuse here] Sorry .-.