Catch A Grape

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

 The next morning I met Jonghyun at the tennis fields. He smirked when he saw me.

“You’re not going to hit me in the balls again, are you?” He teased me, while he hesitated with giving me a racket.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I’m afraid, I can’t promise that. For safety reasons, you should’ve worn a groin guard”, I answered him.

Jonghyun laughed. “I actually considered wearing armour”, Jonghyun joked. I laughed as Jonghyun finally handed me a racket.

We started out by playing some easy balls with each other. Even though they came right to me, I couldn’t hit them.

I sighed and knocked my head with the racket. “Why can’t I be good at any sport? This is hopeless”, I frustrated grumbled to myself while I tried to hit the next ball coming.

Jonghyun noticed my frustration. “Is something wrong?” He shouted from the other end of the court. “Can’t I just use this as a banjo instead?” I shouted back.

I could see Jonghyun grin at me and shoot another ball. “Are you good at music?” He shouted.

“I’m not good at anything besides eating”, I mumbled to myself but shook my head at Jonghyun. No reason for him to think I was pathetic.

When we started to serve everything turned twice as humiliating. Jonghyun’s serves could compete with Serena William’s, while mind didn’t even compete with the net. The net took them every time.

Jonghyun shoot another master serve and I desperately tried to hit the ball. But my was so wild, that I ended up smacking myself in the head.

“Ow”, I said and felt the upcoming bruise on my forehead. Jonghyun ran to me. “Are you okay?” He asked me but couldn’t hide that goofy smile of his.

I sighed. “I’m useless at this ”, I admitted. Jonghyun shook his head. “You’re not useless at all. You can still be used as a bad example.”

Jonghyun grinned when he got an idea. “We can write a book about it. It should be called: ‘How not to play tennis’.”

I shook my head and laughed. Jonghyun seemed relieved that my mood wasn’t down yet. “Why don’t we take a break? I’ve brought a picnic”, Jonghyun said.

I raised my brows. “You brought a picnic? Can you even cook?” I asked him. Jonghyun’s cheeks got red. “Okay, Key helped me a little”, he admitted.

Jonghyun found a basket with lunchboxes in. Sandwiches, buns, sodas, chocolates, vegetables and fruit, Key had packed it all.

“Hey look! He packed grapes!” Jonghyun excitedly beamed and held up a bunch. I chuckled of his sudden happiness or a simple fruit.

Jonghyun suddenly threw a grape at me. “Hey!” I protested, confused over why he would do that. “You’re supposed to catch them with your mouth, silly”, he laughed at me.

“Oh”, I embarrassed said. “Then try again”, I said. Jonghyun smiled and threw a new one. I tipped all my body backwards to catch the grape, but it landed a few inches away from me.

Jonghyun laughed at me. “Hey, you try then!” I said and threw a grape at him. Jonghyun rolled backwards, but failed to.

Jonghyun laughed and threw a grape at me. I jumped up in the air, snatching after the grape. We continued like that, just throwing grapes at each other. It was actually really fun.

“Yay! I caught one!” I cheered as I caught a grape with my mouth. Jonghyun snorted. “Psh, I can do that to”, he claimed.

But every time I threw a grape at him, he failed to catch it. He got more and more frustrated with himself.

“Come on, one more time”, I chuckled and threw another grape. “I hate this -!” Jonghyun shouted as he didn’t catch that one either. “I’m useless”, Jonghyun scolded himself.

I smirked when a perfect chance to give Jonghyun back appeared. “Not completely useless, you can still be used as a bad example”, I copied him.

“Yah!” Jonghyun threw a grape right in my face. “Ouch”, I said as it hit my forehead. Before I even could cover myself, Jonghyun had attacked me with grapes.

I didn’t even open my eyes again, before another bunch of grapes hit my face. “Stop it, stop it!” I laughed and covered my head with my arms.

Between the grapes, I spotted a banana in the basket. I quickly grabbed it, while I was bombarded with grapes. Jonghyun was too busy attacking me, that he noticed I came closer to him.

I quickly jumped to Jonghyun, reaching for his face with the banana. But on the way, I tripped over the basket and fell right on Jonghyun. Some of the banana hit Jonghyun’s face.

Jonghyun’s big brown eyes stared into mine as we laid there. This was a prefect chance to smash the banana further in Jonghyun’s face, as planned, but somehow I just stayed where I was.

I could feel Jonghyun’s heart pumping under me. Jonghyun just laid under me, looking me in the eyes. A little piece of banana on his cheek was the only thing that kept him away from being perfect.

I gently touched his cheeks and wiped the piece away. Jonghyun blinked at me. “You just had a little…” I blushed red.

Jonghyun chuckled slightly but then something about his gaze changed. His face started coming nearer, and I knew what he was up to. Soon his lips were going to hit mine.

It was only the banana in the corner of my eye, reminding me of Key, that saved me from making a big mistake. Quicker than lighting, I got up with red cheeks.

Jonghyun looked embarrassed too. He looked at the ground, avoiding my gaze. “We should…” I started. Jonghyun hurriedly nodded. “W-we should”, he said and packed the basket with the food.

As we returned home, Jonghyun and I went separate ways as fast as possible. The way home had been awkward. Both of us knew, what we just were about to do.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Aw guys! :) Thank you so much, for you sweet and cheering comments! Please continue, I love them 

Btw, my school is starting tomorrow… D: Yeah, so I probably won’t update that often anymore but I’ll try my best :)