Proof

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

“You know, I think we should go looking for the last bride-stuff today”, Key said. He looked at Mi-Na, who obviously wasn’t paying attention to him at all.

“What do you think about these?” Key asked her and laid the magazine in front of her.

Mi-Na rested her hand under her chin. “Do you think they love each other?” she suddenly asked.

“Huh?” Key asked while a frown formed between his eyebrows.

He looked at Jonghyun and Hwa-Young giggling together by the lake and sighed. Why it that they were all Mi-Na could focus on?

“Eh… I think they do. They look happy, right?” Key answered; unsure about whether that was what Mi-Na would like to hear.

Mi-Na’s frown got deeper as she studied the couple. She let out a depressed sigh.

Key helplessly tried to cheer up his sad fiancé. “But we’re happy too, right?” he grinned.

Mi-Na didn’t answer. She just kept staring.

She was exploding inside. It had only been a few days since that Hwa-Young chick entered her territory but it was far too long.

Every time they touched, she went crazy inside. Every time they talked she wanted to join and push Hwa-Young out of the conversation.

Every time Jonghyun smiled at her, her heart fell. Every time they kissed Mi-Na screamed inside.

Every time she heard him say something sweet to her, she had a nightmare.

But to her, Jonghyun could at least be a bit more polite. He knew she was having a hard time but they were everywhere.

If she walked to the beach, they were there goofing in the water.

If she went to the lake, they were kissing and sweet-talking to each other.

If she went to rooms, she’d find them sweetly hugging goodbye before night-time. At least the aunts didn’t give them the same room.

No matter where she escaped to, they were there. Mi-Na wanted to puke.

She’d wish I could say it was disgusting. That it was annoying and not romantic at all. But they were just so damn sweet together.

And especially that part drove her crazy.

She watched Jonghyun wave goodbye to Hwa-Young and leave her by the river. The madness caught her. She wasn’t thinking properly anymore.

Mi-Na quickly told Key goodbye and chased after Jonghyun. He kept on walking. His steps were fast but she knew he had noticed her.

“Jonghyun, wait!” She shouted and tried to catch up with him.

He first stopped when they were far away from the rest. He turned around and looked at Mi-Na.

“Why do you keep on messing with me?” he bluntly asked. “I’m not just some toy.”

I stared at Jonghyun. “I don’t… Um”, she rambled.

Jonghyun smirked, disappointed. “You’re not even aware are you?” He asked Mi-Na. She shook her head. At this point, to her Jonghyun was the one who was playing with her.

“You are so unfair”, he told her. “At first you make me fall in love with you. You tell me to leave me alone and the next second you kiss me. As I finally come to my senses, you finally let me be. Almost. You keep on spoiling my thoughts.”

Jonghyun looked at Mi-Na. “As I meet you here, you’re completely acting like nothing happened. Suddenly we’re just friends but as soon as Hwa-Young shows up, you’re constantly sending me glares. I don’t know what to do anymore. You’re everywhere.”

For a moment, I just stood, chewing on what Jonghyun just said. I opened my mouth in anger.

“What!?”  Mi-Na finally came to her senses. “I’m being the villain here? No. You are. You, Mr. Kim Jonghyun. I was finally letting go of you. Then you decide to bring that chick here and snuggle with her everywhere I go. Do you just want to make me miserable?”

Jonghyun shook his head as she was being completely ridiculous.

“You probably don’t even love me. I’m just a toy, right?” She whispered, with my head bent down.

Jonghyun suddenly stopped. “What”, he turned around. “What did you just say?” he demanded to know.

“Nothing”, I rejected. “What did you just say!?” yelled Jonghyun and came closer to me.

“Fine!” she gave up. “I said you don’t love me and never did!”

Jonghyun deeply stared into her eyes. By time, his gaze went from cold to soft. The frown disappeared from his face and he suddenly looked like he cared about her.

“Don’t deny it”, Mi-Na said. “In high-school, you left me too for some popular girl. She wasn’t even nice.”

Jonghyun slowly took some steps closer to her and he laid a gentle hand on her cheek.

“I would never have dumped you for a witch”, he whispered. Mi-Na could feel his hot breath on her neck.

Mi-Na didn’t move. It was what he did, so why did he say such thing?

“I wouldn’t have dumped you at all.” Still nothing happened. “My friends tricked me.”

“Because I think I’m in love with you.” It was like someone removed an invisible wall and suddenly all the forbidden feeling started to pour out of Jonghyun. He couldn’t do anything about it.

“No, in fact”, he continued. “I am sure I’m in love with you. And I’ve probably been it since 8th grade.”

He held his breath and waited. It was going to happen now. She was going to scream at him and tell him to get the out of her relationship with his brother. But no, nothing happened.

It was quiet, she didn’t even move. Jonghyun let a little air escape his nose.

Nothing. Not until he was ready to leave.

Then Mi-Na slammed her eyes open and looked directly into his. “God damn it Jonghyun!”

Jonghyun turned around, confused. ”You just complained about me not loving you and this is your reaction to the fact that I do?” he asked her.

Mi-Na wanted more. “Prove it.”

The anger started to boil in Jonghyun’s chest. He marched to her and pushed her up against the wall.

He grabbed her wrist and held them, so she couldn’t escape. Then, he crashed his lips roughly into hers. His lips glided over hers and soon her felt Mi-Na’s lips responding.