That's What You Get For Drinking Hot Chocolate

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

When Hwa-Young climbed back onto her chair again, she watched me with big eyes. A small sugar smile was spread upon her lips and her cheeks were slightly red.

As the eye contact got too much for Hwa-Young, she removed her gaze to her hot chocolate.

She reminded me of my young days. Or just of young and unworried love. Everything was so uncomplicated with her.

“Jonghyun oppa?” she asked, still with her eyes glued to her chocolate.

I chuckled. “Yes, Hwa-Young?”

She bit her lip and looked up from the chocolate. “I…” her eyes finally met mine. “I’ve really missed you”, she admitted.

I gulped a bit and swallowed.  A bad taste spread in my mouth. Honestly, when we broke up, I felt so happy and free. I thought she felt the same way. But I guess heartbreaks never end even.

I haven’t even thought of Hwa-Young since then. Not more than once in a while, as rare memory of the past.

Hwa-Young’s smile faded when she read my expression. She looked down in her plate. “I guess you didn’t miss me then”, she mumbled lowly.

“No! It’s not that”, I quickly tried to save the situation. “I just got lost in my own thoughts about how happy I am to finally be with you again”, I lied.

Hwa-Young smiled and slightly blushed. “Really?”

I nodded and smiled at her. “Yeah. You’re really something special. I never stopped thinking about you.”

I felt like a coward telling her such crap. It was as far from the truth, as the sun is from the earth. That’s a whole bunch of kilometers, you know.

A wide smile spread across Hwa-Young’s face. “You’re really sweet”, she said and placed her fingers upon my hand.

My eyes were glued to her hand on mine, and something felt completely wrong. “Can I ask you a question, Jonghyun?”

I nodded, unsure what was coming next. Please, don’t make me tell another lie.

Hwa-Young hesitated but then spoke up. “I realized that I really want to give us a chance again. When I think back, it’s only good memories and happy times.”

Hwa-Young leant a bit forward and she smiled a hesitant smile. “Jonghyun, will you give us a chance again?” she asked me.

My eyes widened. When I bumped into Hwa-Young two hours ago I didn’t expect it to end like this.

Something deeply selfish inside me, made me say what I said. I knew it was unfair, unfair towards the girl I loved. But then again, I was just being selfish and fighting for what I wanted.

I smiled and grabbed Hwa-Young’s hand. “Yes, I’d love that.” Hwa-Young happily leaned in and softly kissed my lips. My lips, which were supposed to be kissed by somebody else.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guys, you're so awesome! I really enjoy your comments. Sorry, if my replies are weird.. :/ Anyhow, this chapter is kind of short, I apologize, but I already started to write the next. It's just that the story kinda needed a new chapter so... The next one should be up by latest tommorrow afternoon ;)

Thank you so much for reading! <3