April's Coldness

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

The fresh spring air was blowing wildly outside the café. I shuddered slightly and hugged my coat tighter around myself. Despite it was April, the wind was still so chilly. I missed the hot chocolate inside of the café doors.

Key was still paying for out drinks, so it was only Jonghyun and I. We were standing in silence. I sensed that Jonghyun looked at me now and then. Whenever his eyes left me, I studied him, secretly.

Accidently, Jonghyun and my eyes locked for a second. Jonghyun’s look was deep. Almost like, he wanted to tell me something. But yet, he didn’t open his eyes.

He just looked away, down at his feet again. I let out a small sigh, wondering about how my life turned out this way.

Jonghyun’s eyes flickered in my direction by my sigh. He cleared his throat. “Minnie, I…”

My heart pounded harshly, when he called me by my nickname in school. Only Jonghyun called me that, and I hadn’t heard it in ages.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened when he realized what he just called me. “I’m r-really sorry, Mi-Na. I didn’t mean to-“

I cut off Jonghyun. “It’s okay, really.” Jonghyun crooked his head and his curious eyes stared at me.

“Can I really call you that?” He cautiously asked me.

I sighed and put my hands in my pockets. “You really shouldn’t…” I mumbled. “But it makes me feel so good”, I finished in my mind

Jonghyun’s eyes turned black again and his smile that almost hit the surface disappeared again.

“Mi-Na, I don’t think I can-“

Jonghyun didn’t finish his sentence before Key happily came out of the café. He regarded both of our faces.

He sighed a single time. “Listen”, he told us. “I’m not stupid. Of course this isn’t about me”, he admitted.

For once, Key’s face looked pure serious. Not a sign of a sarcastic comment coming up. “But whatever this is, I beg you to fix it. I’m about to marry the girl of my dreams and I just wish we all enjoy this time”, Key said.

He took a step closer to me and grabbed my hand. “Do you need time with Jonghyun alone?” he asked me.

I took a glance at Jonghyun. His face exuded something, I couldn’t read. His eyes looked sad and watery but yet, his mouth was curled into a bitter smile. He met none of our eyes.

He simply started onto the ground. I didn’t know whether he wanted me to be with him or he just wanted me away forever.

“I think…” I started. Jonghyun’s eyes slightly peeked up from the ground. Key looked at me too, waiting for an answer. “We should just go home.”

Jonghyun’s head fell again and Key looked slightly surprised. “Are you sure?” Key asked me.

No I wasn’t. I wasn’t even closed to sure. My mind was a mess and I wanted to scream at whoever up there created this mess. But did Key really have to make it any worse?

“Yes, I’m sure”, I firmly said, fighting for controlling my voice.

“Okay then”, Key agreed. He started to walk with me in the direction of our apartment. As we passed Jonghyun, he patted Jonghyun’s shoulder.

“Be happy soon, right?” Key said to Jonghyun. Jonghyun didn’t answer so Key and I continued. I had to force my legs to keep on moving. I had an urge to run back into Jonghyun’s arms so badly.

But Key’s warm had squeezed mine, and I realized that I loved Key again. I did, I just had to remind myself.

 

I’ll start replying comments now! If any of you comment :/