Farts And Proposes

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

“Mi-Na I want you to wear something nice tonight, alright?” Key said, with his head buried into his bag. After the episode with Jonghyun, Key and I returned to our room.

“Don’t you always”, I muttered, focused on the book I was reading. Key angrily snapped the book out of my hands and placed his hands on his waist, while he glared at me.

“Hey! I was reading that”, I protested, and tried to reach my book again. Key placed the book on the top of a cupboard that I never would be able to reach.

“I told you to wear something nice”, Key repeated and frowned at my sweatpants. I sighed and got up from the bed.

“Fine”, I grumbled and zipped my suitcase open. “What does the lord wish?” I sarcastically asked him.

Key walked over to my suitcase and sighed when he saw what I brought. Then he turned my suitcase upside down. He started to throw my clothes around in the room.

“Aish, didn’t you bring anything nice?” He asked when he tossed all the failed clothes in a pile in the corner.

He finally stopped and showed me a small red dress. “This is nice”, Key said and tugged the dress in my arms.

I rolled my eyes. “You bought this for me, Key”, I made him aware. Key fondly smiled. “I know. Now, go change”, he ordered.

While I tried my best to push my body in the tiny dress, I wondered what Key was up to. When we walked back from pool, all we passed had avoided us as much as possible. They had looked the other way or send knowing looks at us.

Key had suddenly started acting nervous and weird. When I talked to him, he would jump up like I woke him up from a daydream.

I widened my eyes when the thought hit me. Key only acted this way, when he was up to a certain thing. To check if I was right, I shouted to Key: “What are we exactly doing tonight?”

I heard Key stopping what he was doing immediately. “Huh? Oh! Um… Nothing”, he obviously lied. It was so terribly obvious when Key didn’t tell the truth. His voice got incredibly light.

So I was right. Key was throwing some sort of surprise party for me. I gulped when I thought of the reason for the party. With all that we-should-get-more-serious and wedding ring talk lately, there was a big change he was proposing to me.

My legs started to shake under me and my hands couldn’t hold the lipstick in my hands anymore. This was the moment I feared the most in every relationship.

I admit it. I was so afraid to commit myself. I had felt like this in every relationship I was in. Well except one I had in 8th grade, if you even can call it a relationship. It was rather a flirt. But that’s the only time I’ve been eager to commit myself.

But I knew I was going to take the step further with Key at some point, and it could as well be now.

When we arrived in the giant dining room a little later everything was quiet. The lights were turned off and Key was covering my eyes. You could only hear some small rummaging.

“Okay, are you ready to see?” Key asked me. I nodded, and tried my best to act excited. I could feel Key smile behind me. “Ok, 1, 2—”

Key was interrupted by a loud sound. A mix-up between egg, ham and… Maybe cheese smell spread in the room. Everyone was quiet.

A loud laugh escaped me when I figured what just happened. Someone farted! They actually farted in the middle of this very exciting moment.

Key removed his hands from my eyes and I could see Key’s family standing totally frozen. No one laughed but me. But I simply couldn’t hold it in. It was too funny.

A male laugh accompanied me. When I looked up I noticed Jonghyun was laughing just as much as I was. The other people stood, not aware of what to do.

A young girl ran out of the room with tears running down her cheeks. A pair of ladies chased after her and shouted: “Soon-Bok, it’s nothing to be ashamed off. It’s human nature!”

The lights got again. Key diva sighed behind me. “She just had to poop her pants now?” He complained.

I giggled. “Oh come on, Key. It’s human nature!” I excused her but couldn’t hold my laughs in either.

Key rolled his eyes. “Anyway”, he continued. Then he got down on his knees and the audience aw’ed the best they could.

He took my hand and his eyes shone with thousand lights. “Mi-Na”, He started. His cheeks were getting a bit red, and this was the first time I had seen Key nervous for real.

“Um…” he mumbled and looked away from me. I squeezed his hand to make him relax. “I-I really like you”, he started but realized how lame that sounded.

“A lot. People say I am an arrogant diva with a too big ego, maybe I am, but you are able to see behind that. You understand me like no one else does and I would really love you to accompany the rest of my life. So…” Key paused for a second.

“Will you marry me?” he asked me. The crowd went silent, waiting for my response. Some of the old ladies started to get teary and the men tried not to seem as by this touching moment.

I hesitated for a moment and bit my lip. But truth is, I already made my decision. I had discussed this with myself so many times in my head on beforehand.

“Yes”, I smiled at Key. Key breathed a sigh of relief and the teary ladies clapped their chubby hands.

Key broke into a huge grin and swung me around in the air. “Yes!” He shouted of happiness and placed a big kiss on my mouth. I weakly laughed, not as happy as everybody else seemed to be.

There was no way back now. I couldn’t just break up with Key. That would be a scandal. I gulped and forced myself to think happy thoughts.

I can spend all my life with Key, I can wear a bridal dress, I can get kids, I can… The forced thoughts never really reached me.

Everybody was busy celebrating and congratulating Key that nobody noticed me, standing still were Key left me. I felt rather awkward.

“Aren’t you supposed to cry of happiness?” A voice asked behind me. I turned my head to see Jonghyun standing next to me, with a weak smirk on his face.

I quickly reddened and forced the happy face on my face again. As Key’s brother, he couldn’t know how moody I felt.

“Uh yes! I am happy! I’m just… really good at hiding it”, I lied. Jonghyun chuckled and shook his head.

“Next time, just say it hasn’t hit you yet, how lucky you are to be with Key, okay?” he advised me with a teasing spark in his eyes

I cleared my throat and played with my shoes. I really had no idea how to respond to that.

“You weren’t even surprised by this party, right?” Jonghyun asked me.

I hurriedly looked up at him, with a begging look on my face. “Please don’t tell him. He will die of miserableness”, I said.

Jonghyun laughed and held his hands up. “Easy, I won’t. No reason to make him commit suicide, right?”

I smiled, relieved. Jonghyun was actually a really nice guy. If only I hadn’t…

“Um… Sorry about earlier today”, I blushingly apologized. Jonghyun blushed a little as well. “That’s okay, I’ll watch out next time”, he said.

“No it was—“

I was interrupted my Key tugging at my sleeve. “Come on bride, let’s go enjoy our king-size bed”, he winked at me.

I blushed and discretely pointed at Jonghyun, who heard all what we said. “Key, that’s supposed to be at the wedding night”, I mumbled.

Key shook his head. “We’ll just take a little sneak peak of the goods right?”

I blushed and looked away. “Come on, Mi-Na don’t act like we haven’t done that before”, Key teased me.

Jonghyun awkwardly cleared his throat next to us. “Key, I’m still here”, he said.

“Yeh yeh, Jonghyun. You’re just jealous that you don’t have a beautiful fiancé like Mi-Na to have fun with. Instead you have to sit all lonely, doing it with yourself”, Key grumbled.

Jonghyun widened his eyes. “Key! You’re so gross!” Jonghyun complained.

Key shrugged his shoulders and smirked. “It’s the truth.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and pushed himself past us. On the way, he patted my shoulder and whispered in my ear. “Have fun with that fiancé of yours.”

As soon as he left, I turned to Key with a mad glare. “Why do you always  have to be so rude?”

_______________________________________________________________________________

A tiny comment? ;) Anyway thanks four subscribing/commenting/reading <3