In the Dark

Yeobo, I Think I Love Your Brother

 

When Mi-Na and Jonghyun finally returned, all the other family members were patiently waiting for them. Everybody had already returned long ago - even the old couples.

Jonghyun stumbled forward, leaning on Mi-Na. Despite the fact, that Jonghyun was so fit, his many muscles didn’t make him less heavy.

Honestly, Mi-Na was seriously exhausted after carrying his body for so long but she didn’t dare telling him. She was afraid that he would refuse to let her carry him the rest of the way. But there was no way Mi-Na would let Jonghyun walk on his hurt ankle.

Mi-Na and Jonghyun collapsed together on the ground when they reached the field. The people around them started clapping. Mi-Na let out a tired sigh and closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation of rest. Jonghyun just looked at Mi-Na with a small smile.

“Wow, you were lightning”, Key mockingly said as he hovered above Mi-Na and Jonghyun. He grinned at them. Mi-Na stuck her tongue out. “Shut up, you douchebag.”

The aunties clapped their hands again. “Are you all ready to hear the winner?” they asked. People started to cheer and shouted yes.

One of the aunts shrugged her shoulders. “Well the winner is quite obvious with Minho on the team; Minho and Taemin!” she announced.

Taemin was already ready to high-five Minho but Minho grabbed Taemin and swung him around in the air. “Yeah man!” Minho shouted, who obviously liked winning.

Taemin was more polite. He just let Minho swing him around and grinned.

“Minho and Taemin, who will join you for the city?”

Within a second they were surrounded by begging gazes. Expect Jonghyun and Mi-Na; they were way too tired to even stand up.

Minho looked around and smirked when his eyes fell on the couple on the ground. “We’ll pick Mi-Na-ah and Jonghyun-sshi. Mostly because we feel sorry for how bad they today”, Minho confidently said.

Jonghyun finally removed his gaze from Mi-Na’s face. “Hey!” he shouted from the ground. “I’m not sure whether to feel thankful or assaulted about what you just said”, Jonghyun wondered.

Minho stood right above Jonghyun. He looked down at Jonghyun and smirked. “Hey, didn’t you grow lately?” referring to his standing and laying height.

Jonghyun’s gaze darkened. “Oh, you’re playing with fire now”, he growlingly warned Minho. Then, in a jiffy, he grabbed Minho’s leg and pulled it. With a bump, Minho’s full body length joined Mi-Na and Jonghyun on the grass.

“Ow!” Minho whined and rubbed his hurt . “You idiot!” he scolded Jonghyun.

“Yah! Jonghyun, don’t mess with hyung!” Taemin shouted. Then he jumped down on top of Jonghyun. He started to hit his head- Jonghyun tried to protect himself by covering himself with his arms.

“Hey! I’m your hyung too!” Jonghyun cried. Taemin slowly stopped beating him and met the angry gazes of the noonas above him.

“Taemin, that’s not very respectful”, one of the noonas scolded him. Taemin shamefully bent his head.

But Key’s uncle warmly laughed. “Oh come on, let the kids play, will you? Jonghyun asked for it anyway”, he chuckled.

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes at his uncle. Taemin evilly grinned. “So, this means I can continue, right?”

At a milkshake bar in the city, later the same day:

After they had been to the hospital with Jonghyun’s hurt ankle and Minho’s bad leg after Jonghyun pulled him down on the ground, they were drinking milkshake together. Jonghyun had to borrow a wheelchair, just for one day though to get around in the city, and Minho borrowed a pair of crutches. Basically, they looked like the retarded club on a trip.

Mi-Na looked at Jonghyun who was fiddling with a milkshake next to her. She chuckled as she looked at his bruised eye. “Seriously, your previously so pretty face, Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun stopped sipping his drink and glared at Taemin. “Blame that jerk over there”, he bitterly muttered.

Taemin innocently raised his eyebrows. “Hey, just learn to never mess with hyung, okay?”

Jonghyun sighed. “How many times do I have to tell you that I’m older than you too?”

“You might be my hyung, but you’re not half as cool as Minho-hyung is.”

Minho smirked and high-fived Taemin. Jonghyun made a discussed face. “Ew, your bromance is killing me.”

Minho confidently grinned. “Please”, he said. “You’re just jealous that you don’t have a bodyguard like Taemin to stick up for you.”

“Yes”, Jonghyun bluntly admitted. Jonghyun smirked and leant forward, closer to Taemin. “Taemin”, he said with a sugar-sweet voice. “Why don’t you ditch Minho and join me instead?” Taemin raised his brows. Jonghyun smiled at him. “I have sweets”, he tempted. Taemin rolled his eyes. “I’m not that stupid hyung and do you really want to go to jail?”

Jonghyun frustratingly sighed and smashed his head into the table in front of him. “Stupid Taemin”, he muttered.

When they finished their milkshakes, Mi-Na rolled Jonghyun out of the café in his wheelchair. Minho followed on his crutches and last came Taemin.

A man passed by and rudely bumped into the wheelchair. He was just about to continue walking, without apologizing, but Jonghyun grabbed his arm.

Mi-Na sent Jonghyun a warning look because the man didn’t look like someone you’d like to mess with. Actually most people would probably change pavement for him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Jonghyun demanded to know. The guy just mockingly stared at Jonghyun.

“You can’t just walk into people like that!” Jonghyun yelled. The guy rolled his eyes. “Do you think I’ll treat you any different just because you’re a cripple?” the guy raised his eyebrows.

“You shouldn’t even-“ The guy interrupted Jonghyun. “Just shut the up, spastic!”

Then, Taemin bravely stepped forward. “Yah!” he angrily yelled. “Don’t you dare to mess with hyung! I’m his bodyguard”, Taemin said. A slight smile spread upon Jonghyun’s face.

But the guy mockingly laughed. “You? You’re just a little girl!”

Now, Minho got angry too. “Now shut the hell up, pimp!” The guy furrowed his eyebrows and his rage seemed to grow. “Do you really want to get beaten up?” he changeling asked.

Mi-Na panicked. Before the guys could say anything more stupid, she covered their mouths. Well, expect Taemin’s. He had gotten unusually quit since the guy called him a girl.

She bowed, still covering their mouths. “I’m apologize sincerely but this is all just a misunderstanding”, Mi-Na lied. Jonghyun started to fence with his arms. Minho tried to shout under her palm.

“How so?” The guy asked. Mi-Na looked at the guys. “Oh, these guys? They are disabled and have troubles with behaving in public”, she told him.

Jonghyun desperately tried to remove her hand and same did Minho. The guy raised his brows. “Then what are you?” he asked.

“Me?” Mi-Na pointed at herself. “I’m just their special needs assistant”, she smiled.

The guy growled something low and then he walked away. Mi-Na finally released Jonghyun and Minho’s mouths.

“Yah!” they shouted. “What are you doing?” Minho asked her. Mi-Na smiled. “I was just getting you out of trouble.”

“But seriously, disabled?” Jonghyun said. “Was that really necessary?”

Mi-Na shrugged her shoulders. “You should thank me…”

 

Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin and Mi-Na returned home late. They were met by the sad news that they had to spend the night in tents.

Mi-Na comforted herself with that this was the last time Key’s aunts was to decide. She was also relieved when Key told her that they were just sleeping in a tent, just the two of them.

Key snuggled with Mi-Na in the tent. Mi-Na was almost drifting of when she realized she forgot to brush her teeth.

Key was almost asleep. “Key?” Mi-Na whispered and tried to escape his grip around her body. “Hm?” he mumbled.

“I need to use the restroom”, Mi-Na whispered. Key nodded and loosened his grip. “I’ll be back soon”, she said before she exited the tent-

She silently walked over the wet grass. All the tents were quiet; only a few snores broke the silence. All the tents were small, two-person tents. Either you slept with your partner or alone. The aunts wouldn’t risk any troubles.

Mi-Na brushed her teeth at the primitive toilet. She switched of the light when she was done, and all went dark again.

She stumbled towards her tent, cursing at herself for forgetting a flashlight. She fell over the guy ropes several times.

She finally found her tent and quietly entered. She was already half asleep. She found Key in the dark and climbed into the same sleeping bag he was using.

As soon as she laid down his arms embraced her. He let out a satisfied sigh as she laid her head on his chest. Mi-Na noticed that he was snoring lightly.

His arms pulled her closer and Mi-Na kissed his cheek. She felt his hands placed around her neck and his lips found hers in the dark.

Mi-Na smiled, half sleeping. “Sweet dreams.” A weak mumble came as an answer. The thought that the voice didn’t belong to Key flushed over her, but she drifted away before finding out.

 

Long update today due to the lack of them. And also I wanted to get all these filler thingies over with - but I still want to write them though…- so I can come back into making this story exciting. But anyway, thank you :)