The Confession

The Shadow Games

There he was, waiting for me in front of the cafeteria with some of his friends… He glanced at me and I knew what it meant…Whatever he was going to tell me, he wanted to be in private, without either of our friends. We finally met up and walked into the cafeteria, got our food, sat down, talked for a while, until I knew my cue was up…

 

MJ: Well you guys, LuHan and I will be leaving first since we gotta finish some homework for next class. So, we’ll catch you guys later! If not, have a nice weekend! (I threw kisses to everyone at the table)

 

LH: Yeah, I almost forgot about that. See ya everyone~ (he waved goodbye like a happy baby)

 

We took our trays to the trashcan and walked out of the eating area, right into the back garden, directly to the farthest corner, were a bench laid under a bushy tree. We sat there, and I just waited for him to make the first move… but he didn’t. I guess it’s all up to me now.

 

MJ: (I looked directly at his face) LuHan, I don’t want to pressure you into telling me what’s been going on recently; I’m just worried. You disappear, or even worse, never appear. I’ve seen you space out, as if you are thinking deeply about something. You look tired and worried. You’ve always told me everything, so seeing this change in you makes me wonder what could be going on that you don’t want me to know… I just want to help.

 

LH: (he slowly breathes while looking at the ground) … I know, it’s just that… I know how you’re going to react and I’m just sure you’re going to embarrass me again… It’s just something so stupid…you shouldn’t worry about it; I’ll take care of it.

 

MJ: So it’s a problem, not a confession?… LuHan, I’m sorry if I’ve embarrassed you, but you just have to learn to defend yourself better… You’re just such a nice person that, you think everybody is like you… The World is an ugly place Lulu, and if we want to survive, we must learn to defend ourselves with our claws and fangs... Now tell me, whose do I need to whoop-over?

 

LH: (he looks at my face) See what I mean!? You still treat me like a child… I’m already a man; I can take care of myself…

 

MJ: (serious tone) Are you going to tell me what’s on your mind, or did you brought me here just to talk about your puberty issues?

 

LH: (sighs)… There’s a group of guys that keeps intercepting me on my way to school. The first time they talked to me they offered me to play a game with them; it was a really weird encounter. I knew nothing good was coming out of this, so I just ignored them and kept walking. Apparently they found out where I live, and keep appearing every morning on my door steps. Not only there, but they follow me to school, I find them at the Super Market, everywhere! It’s like they’re planning an ambush or something. They keep asking me to play this game with them: The Shadow Games or something. One day I just had to know and actually asked them and they started explaining the rules. I SWEAR!! I felt like I was in a Saw movie! I told them I wasn’t interested in playing and that they should leave me alone or I’d call the police. That’s when things got even worse. One of the guys came up to me and told me that if I did, they’d kill someone I love. They aren’t going away until I play with them… (on the verge of tears; breathing heavily) MinJeong, I haven’t slept in days! What if they kill my parents!?! Or you!?! I didn’t want to tell you because I know how you get over these things, and you would take matters into your hands and I don’t want to take any risks… I’ve been acting all though like everything’s okay, but it’s not Min.. ITS NOT!... I’m afraid…really afraid… (he covered his face with his hands)

 

I just acted out of instincts and embraced LuHan, letting his face rest in my chest, as he tried to calm himself from the horrible thoughts that ran through his mind. I was still trying to make sense of the info he had just given me. It was unbelievable, but I knew LuHan would never play a joke like that… Who could this people be, and why are they so interested in getting Lulu into playing this game!? I don’t even know what to do… , I don’t even know what to tell him!... All I knew was that seeing my Best Friend like this broke my heart and frightened me… Whatever was going on, I had to protect him… always had, always will…

 

MJ: (I caressed his golden-dyed hair and spoke with a tender tone) LuHan… I don’t know who those people are or if they mean serious business, but what I do know is that it’s affecting you. I understand you’re afraid of telling someone, specially the police, but they know what to do. I’m sure they’ll put a protection order for you and your parents, and you can go back to normal. This is a total surprise for me; you’ve been so strong, and you didn’t need me... you really have grown up… my Baby Lulu…

 

LH: (still on my chest) …don’t call me that… it’s embarrassing…

 

MJ: I’ll call my baby whatever I want! The only difference between your mother and me is that she gave birth to you and has seen you … well, I’ve seen you in boxers, so that’s a “kind” of …hehe…

 

LH: (he got up on his feet) You always find a way to humiliate me!!! One day I’ll get you back!

 

MJ: That’s the spirit!! See, now your back to your old self again!

 

LH: (he smiled) You always know what to do!

 

MJ: A smile is welcomed every second of your life! But leaving all the teasing behind… LuHan, what are you going to do?! This is serious; I’m still trying to compose myself from having an epileptic attack…

 

LH: I don’t know; I guess I’ll keep at it. Maybe they’ll get tired and disappear…

 

MJ: or maybe they won’t... I have an idea! Let’s walk together to your house so I can see these guys for myself. Maybe I can recognize something and we can figure out where they’re from or what kind of cult they follow… because with that mentality, I’m sure they have their secret sect or something!

 

LH: NO! I don’t want you to get involved with these guys! They might hurt you, or even worst, they might take you as their next pray!..

 

MJ: (I got all cocky) LuHan, please… ITS ME! Anyways, I’m going to do whatever you tell me regarding these people, but if it were me, I would have ran them over with my mom’s van!

 

LH: Easy for you to say… you need to be near them to actually feel the evil aura those guys give off… It s up your emotions and fears…Trust me, you don’t want to be near them, and I’m not letting you either!

 

MJ: Okay, as you wish, DAD!! (I rolled my eyes)

 

LH: Look who’s talking, MAMA! (laughs)

 

MJ: (I laugh too) Don’t go Chinese on me! Anyways, how about we go to the movies to get your mind off of this nonsense? What’s the probability of those monsters being in the movie theater? How about it; my treat!

 

LH: Well… okay, I guess…. But If I see them or anything suspicious, I’m calling your mom to come pick you up immediately!! Arasseo!?!

 

MJ: Due~~~ (I giggle)

 

LH: (laughs) Who’s going Chinese on who!?! Hehe

 

I laughed… Was it real? I don’t know; I stopped thinking clearly the moment I saw LuHan quivering like the first day I saw him in 2nd grade… Was he that scared? What did these people want? What can I do!?! God, give me some answers! …I felt so useless! So many years braking bones and slapping faces to encounter something like this…The Shadow Games… WHAT THE WAS THAT!?! I’d have to Google it up when I got home… For now, I just have to make sure Lulu is alright, and that nothing happens to him or his parents… or these people would really get it, because I swear… I SWEAR! If anything happens to him, I will find these men and I will burn them alive and slowly as I watch them turn into human charcoals…

 

Riiiiing~~

 

Lulu and I had our next class together, so we got up from the bench and headed towards our classroom. Once inside and seated, LuHan threw me a folded note. I opened it up: “Thanks for being so special~! I’m glad you’re my one and only Best Friend!”. My eyes suddenly had the urge to leak, but I took them in. I looked at my baby and he threw me a beautiful smile, plus a cute wink. I felt like the most happy and blessed girl in the World to have such an amazing guy as my Best Friend.

 

We took our class, and then another one which we took separately. We decided to meet up at the school entrance at 3pm to go to the movies. I walked out of my last class and headed straight to the school gate. LuHan hadn’t arrived yet, so I waited for a few minutes. It was already 3:15pm and no sight of LuHan. I called his phone, but he didn’t pick up. I called again and his phone was turned off. This was starting to get weird. I waited a few minutes more. It was 3:30pm and LuHan hadn’t appeared or called. I knew something bad had happened; the only thing that crossed my mind was those stalking men LuHan was afraid… I panicked like a freak! I ran through all the school building, asking for LuHan and searching the areas he frequently uses. Nothing… It was 4pm and I didn’t know what to do, I lost my cool and started screaming LUHAN at the top of my lungs like a crazy girlfriend. That’s when I received a text. I thought it was Lulu, but when I saw the number it read Anonymous. I opened the text and read: “Your answer will be the fate of your friend. If you want him back, come to the old abandoned museum at the edge of town. Be prepared and come alone; we’re waiting”…. I began to scream as if someone were killing me. Students and teachers came running up to me asking what was wrong… I couldn’t take it… My worst nightmare had just come true: LuHan was in trouble and I couldn’t do anything… I felt how the air wasn’t going into me, and after a few seconds trying to regain myself, I lost consciousness and out….

 

….I’m such a failure….