The Descent

The Shadow Games

I had never experience something like this before… Getting my period on a deserted place like Exotica wasn’t on my plans. Staining myself and letting men see it was something even worst!

 

MJ: OH MY GOD!! What am I gonna do now!?! You guys, IM SO SORRY you have to see this!

 

Lay and Kai were somewhat distanced from me and HaeRi; from there they just waved their hands and smiled nervously. It felt like an awkward “it’s okay”. Meanwhile HaeRi was staring at me, still with her bloody hand. Right now I hated so much to have an irregular cycle. OVARIES! WAE YOU DO THIS TO ME?!? How am I suppose to protect myself in THIS situation? Focus MinJeong! This is a normal process. You shouldn’t be embarrassed, and everyone should be able to understand.

 

MJ: O…K… well… right now there isn’t anything I can do regarding THIS, so I guess I’ll just ignore it…for now… We should just keep walking.

 

Kai and Lay looked at eachother with saucer-like eyes…this time BIGGER than Kyungsoo’s.  HaeRi was already wiping her hand in her clothe, and suddenly looked at me in amusement

 

MJ: Why are you all overreacting!? There isn’t ANYTHING I can wear to….um... prevent this. No meds, no clothing, no nothing! It’s either “go with the flow” or someone has to sacrifice a shirt.

 

Kai was already taking off his filthy shirt to give to me.

 

MJ: Ewww!! Kai, PLEASE! Be real! There is no way I’m going to wear that bacteria-filled sweatshirt in between my legs. Aniya!

 

Kai felt embarrassed. Lay was dumbfounded, and HaeRi just raised an eyebrow in surprise. I have to admit, I felt like a . And for a few moments I forgot I was sulking over LuHan. But then I felt remorseful over my behavior. I got near Kai and hugged him by the neck, making him stumble a little. My eyes watered and my voice quivered.

 

MJ: Kai!!I’m sorry! I didn’t mean that! The truth is I don’t want to soil your shirt. I don’t want you to feel bad! You’ve already done so much for me! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

 

I eventually started crying, and Kai was starting to freak out with my mood swings. HaeRi knew me well, so she wasn’t TOO amazed at this. She held me by the hand and separated me from JongIn. She looked at me sternly and explained that I needed to control myself because we needed to continue. That’s when I remembered I was trying to hurry up so the Sun didn’t catch us in the mountains. This brought Luhan to mind again...

 

MJ: I’m sorry people! This won’t happen again…I hope. If I do something weird, please forgive me… Mother Nature turns me into a troll this time around… hehe. Anyways, like I said, there isn’t anything I can do…Soooo…LET’S HIT THE ROAD!

 

It was like I was a different person every passing minute. I just pray the boys get use to it for the following few days. I tried to stay as neutral as possible because even with the embarrassing moment and everything all I wanted was to get down from here and hide before the Sun came out. I told Kai to keep leading us, and so we followed along.

 

The descent was actually harder than the climb. We had to be with our legs bent all the time, otherwise we would tumble forward. I was holding onto Kai’s arm, while HaeRi was with Lay close behind us. Slowly we made our way to the bottom; meanwhile I was thinking about LuHan. The mood swings remind me of when LuLu had to put up with me. He actually knew when I was going to get my period, even before me. I wasn’t the kind of girl who would use her period as an excuse to rant, cry and get with people, but sometimes I couldn’t control my feelings. LuHan was always there to help me out and control me. Even HaeRi had trouble trying to decipher me at those moments, but LuLu always knew what to do. But now… LuHan wasn’t here…

 

Something woke me up from the trance; it was Kai’s hand. He was wiping a tear from my right cheek. I hadn’t noticed until I felt his rough hand and saw his worried expression.

 

 

MJ: um…Thanks... I’m fine Kai, don’t worry.

 

He weakly nodded and continued on. I felt sad for him. Ever since I met JongIn I’ve been nothing but trouble for the poor kid. When I first met him a few days ago I thought he was a due to his appearance. After introducing ourselves I thought he was more of a Casanova. But now that we have actually “talked” to eachother about our lives and how we’ve come to help one another, I realized how wrong I’ve been. Not only is he a cute guy, but he has an amazing heart. He’s proven to be an exceptional friend. Just looking at him by my side makes me feel protected... just like LuHan does. They’re one and the same…I can feel it. I hugged Kai’s left arm, and rested my head on his shoulder. I felt as he rested his head on mine. It felt like we were sealing a pact… a sort of trust ritual. As we continued down I closed my eyes for a moment, but then… a ray of light hit me right in the face.

 

Everyone stood frozen looking toward the sky and surroundings. It was already morning and the Sun would be completely out in a couple of minutes. From up here we could see the ground at the base of the mountain beginning to be touched by the light. I began to panic.

 

MJ: Guys, we need to hurry! It’s almost sunrise! Let’s move fast!

 

I let go off Kai and began to walk faster down the slope. I was starting to feel tired, but the fear of the Exotics appearing made me strong enough to survive the descent. The others followed. Only 10 minutes more and we would be on solid ground... but maybe by that time the entire ground would be lit up. But there wasn’t anything else we could do. I eventually started jumping and jogging; so much to speed up the process that I fell… and rolled down the rest of the hill. The guys began to run after me but couldn’t have a hold on me. I finally reached the end, and by a miracle I was still conscious and breathing.

 

MJ:…ouuuuuuuch… my heeeeeeeeeaad… (tears in my eyes)

 

The guys went up to me and checked me out. I was just scrapped here and there, but nothing serious; though I was really dizzy. HaeRi helped me up and tried to balance me again. She cleaned my face with her hands and dried my eyes. Once back to normal I looked around to see where we could run to hide, but unfortunately there was nowhere to go. The only place that was under the sun was EXO Tower, and it was about 2 miles away. Suddenly, the boys start to close in on us. I followed their gaze and found what they were looking at… Exotics were beginning to appear from behind the valleys and bushes.

That could only mean one thing…When I looked down I found the four of us inside a shadow circle that was slowly decreasing in size. Any second now we would be stepping lighted ground and the Exotics would take aim towards us. We tried to squeeze against eachother, but it was no use; at some point we would have to make a run for it. And so, the time came…