Epilogue: The Last Tunnel

The Shadow Games

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello everyone! Its nice to finally reach the end of this story. Its been 1 year and a half since I began writting this story, only with the purpouse of putting into word an awesome dream I had. Eventually I became captivated by the drama and I found myself being pulled in by my own writtings, weird huh? In these last few chapters Ive been crying my eyes out because the plot was strong, but in this last chapter I wept like never before. Maybe the joy of finally ending it, but I think it was because of MinJeong... I've gone to the extent of being in her shoes, and trying to feel what she went through; It just made me collapse. So dear readers, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please comment, upvote, subscribe and share; I would be truly grateful! Dont miss out on some cool announcements in the last page! XOXO

PS: "Miracles in December" made this chapter the more emotive.... I regreted it afterwards....

-----------------------------------

Carlota (CT): No… did he really die?! This is all so sad… Please Ma’am, finish the story!

 

A teary-eyed teenage girl looked at me with pity; notepad and pen in hand trembling with emotion. Carlota Ferreira was an exchange student from Brazil, studying journalism at the local University. At only 18 years old, Carlota was a fine looking young woman: tall, olive skin, yellow eyes, dark wavy hair that cascaded to her lower back, accentuating her voluptuous body. She was indeed very…Exotic…

 

MJ: Well dear, after that not much happened; just personal situations to take care of. Ten days weren’t enough to destroy my future, but… they did leave a profound wound within. It’s been 65 years since that horrible journey… years filled with memories that would sicken any soul.

 

The female student put her items on the wooden bench were we sat, right under an orange-leafed tree in the University campus. She took my hands with tender care as she engaged direct eye contact with me; I could feel the sincerity that emanated from her expressions.

 

CT: I already have my report done, but I’ve been bewitched by your story Ma’am. When I first contacted you a few days ago, I simply asked for an interview where you could tell me firsthand what The Shadow Games were about. News of this unexpected event circulated all over the world for years; I though making my final report for this semester on you would assure me an A. What better topic that interviewing “South Korea’s National Hero”! When I finally met you in person this morning, I felt like the report would be the last thing to interest me. I knew that more than an assignment, this interview would be an experience. You so kindly came and told me everything I needed to know, yet you got caught up on your own emotions, and you simply told everything there was to the story. It is a mesmerizing tale what you hold inside. But your trance helped me understand that actions are driven by emotion, and so the story would have been essence-less without knowing the motives that drove you to act… I myself think feelings are what moves the world; only beautiful desires make the Earth prosper… I’m glad you opened up to me Ma’am, and I am eternally grateful. I have been pulled into the story itself, making me feel part of it as well, so I simply beg of you… Please finish the story… Mrs.Lu…

 

It’s only been a few days since I started communicating with this child, yet she reminds me of someone… Her attitude towards the meaning of life sent youthful shivers down my spine, bringing all sorts of memories back to mind. I smiled at her as if she was my own granddaughter, and closing my eyes I began to revive moments that will never be erased…

 

……

 

When I woke up I was surrounded by an unfamiliar ambient: white room with a sofa to the side, and many machines peeping next to my ears. I sat up startled, looking in every direction for answers to my most recent mental images: bloodshed, running through the wild, hundreds of people screaming, explosions, siblings reuniting, unknown people staring, crying ….JongIn…

 

MJ: JOOOOONGIIIIIIN!!!!

 

I infuriately began to scramble on the hospital bed, screaming his name repeatedly without control. I shook from side to side trying to escape reality, fearing the confirmation of the tragedy. A nurse and my parents came running in, holding me down as they tried to call me out of my trance. Even against their restrains I managed to pull out my IVs, although I could not get on my feet. I kept calling him like a shrieking possession, but JongIn never answered. Another nurse came into the room, and injected me with what seems a tranquilizer. Slowly I stopped moving and everyone let go of me, but I was still conscious. I saw how my mother covered her face while crying; my dad taking her in into a hug. The nurses were taking care of the newly done damages on myself. Just as I was drifting back to sleep I overheard their conversation.

 

MSP (Mrs. Park): How are we going to tell her, honey?!

MRP (Mr.Park): I don’t know… I’m starting to doubt she’ll ever get over that boy’s death…

 

I had fallen into another mental state, where my free will had no place to govern; only my emotions, and they trashed my dreams….as always…

 

…….

 

It had been a week since I had been hospitalized. I finally accepted Kim JognIn’s death; maybe I didn’t accept it, but the great amount of medication I was taking somehow made me open minded about it. I was being treated for all kinds of mental conditions I knew I didn’t posses; my only condition, Guilt, had no remedy… I was prohibited from going out of the building due to so many reporters waiting outside; the only outsiders I had talked to was the police. Still, even without my need, the world already knew about the journey. My new friends had been interviewed, as well as other prisoners that were set free. Since I couldn’t go out, I simply walked around the floors, like a homeless woman…searching for nothing…

 

When people are at the hospital, they love getting visits from their friends, but in my case it was different. My allies came every day to see me; those 6 people I had spent my horrors with. But the reaction was the total opposite. I always cried upon seeing them; they were a reminder… they were the only evidence that still remained that confirmed the dreadful journey. It was Zhang YiXing who I always broke down in tears with; him following me shortly after. They kept telling me how I had given my all; how certain things just needed to occur. Still, I kept throwing all the blame on myself ro the tragic finale. But if I felt guilty for Kim JongIn’s death; LuHan felt guilty for simply everything. He never left my side; neither day nor night. He simply watched over me, not even bearing a mind of his own. Sometimes I would unconsciously accuse him of my troubles, and he would accept them as they were. I didn’t know he was feeling so miserable until I confronted him about the reality that started it all...

 

MJ: Why are you still here? Why do you keep following me around the hospital? I’m not telling you to stay.

 

My emotionless voice was cold and harsh, like a piercing blade. I was lying in the hospital bed, while LuHan sat at the chair to my left. His voice was so weak, even though he had been released from the hospital a few days past. He only looked at the floor; never since I woke up has he looked me straight in the face.

 

LH: I know I don’t mean anything to you, but I simply want to pay my debt to you… I’m only watching out for your health… It’s my fault after all…

 

MJ: What are you talking about?

 

LH: You use to like me, and that’s why you went after me that day. If it wasn’t because of me, you wouldn’t have been taken into the game… you wouldn’t have met anyone… and you would have lost no one either… In the end, I feel like the one and only culprit behind everybody’s misery…

 

MJ: That’s not true, Luhan.

 

LH: Of course it is; you’ve even told me yourself.

 

MJ: I didn’t mean those things. I wasn’t thinking straight that time.

 

LH: Well, be it true or not, it’s my reality…

 

He turned around to leave the room, but I stopped him. I had just remembered something from that tragic day…

 

MJ: LuHan, wait… That day; the day we were set free, you were going to tell me something.

 

LH: You don’t need to hear it; it will only confuse you more. Besides, it isn’t going to solve anything…not now at least…

 

MJ: Please, tell me.

 

LH: I don’t think I can… I don’t have the courage to say it anymore…

 

MJ: The only thing different from then and now is…JongIn… Is it about him?

 

LH: No…it’s about us…

 

The frail man had taken courage from the unknown, turning around and directing himself towards my bed side. He seemed determined to get everything over with, even if he had to carry the consequences on his shoulders for eternity. He sat next to my covered legs, facing me with furrowed brows.

 

LH: You keep blaming yourself for JongIn’s death, saying you weren’t honest with him about your feelings; still, that doesn’t make any sense. You had told him or not the truth, nothing would have changed; the consequences would have been the same-

 

MJ: But he died with a broken dream, LuHan…

 

LH: Well that’s the thing: he died; he doesn’t have to keep living with it. If he would have survived, I’m sure he would be here with you; not me. But I’m still alive, and either way I… I have to keep living with this awful void inside of me…

 

MJ: LuHan, what are yo-

 

LH: MINJEONG! Don’t you get it?! I…love you… I’ve loved you since before the game, years in the past. I always acted as if you were my little sister, but it was all a fake! It was a way of being near you, without the need to confess and destroy our friendship. How do you think I FEEL knowing that I can NEVER be something more than just a friend… Hell, something more than an obstacle…

 

I remained silent, trying to make sense out of everything. Luhan’s confession had caught me off guard, and in a moment like this, I didn’t know how to act. Luhan was already agitated, and it seemed he would continue to expel his emotions.

 

LH: How can I pretend to have a relationship with you when I was the one that got replaced?! How is it even possible to think you would accept me when I was the one who KILLED him? While my foolishness brought you closer to danger, JongIn offered you protection. I use to think I was an okay guy; but now the only thing I can find to describe myself is useless…

 

MJ: You didn’t kill him Luhan.

 

LH: He would still be alive he never had met you. The only reason you went in there was because of me.

 

MJ: LuHan, your complicating matters. Either I loved you as a friend or a man, I would have gone in to get you. If you would have confessed to me, I would have gone in as well.

 

LH: Which means you would have still met JongIn, and he would have fallen for you.

 

MJ: But I wouldn’t have fallen for him.

 

LH: Which would mean he would have still been killed with a broken dream…

 

At first I didn’t know where Luhan wanted to go with the conversation, but I was starting to get a drift of the meaning behind it. He was now calmed, trying to be as sensible as possible about the topic. He stretched his arms forth and grabbed my hand, gently rubbing it with his thumb. A child-like look on his face peered into my own.

 

MJ: So…. Who’s fault is it then?... Who killed Kai?...

 

LH:… no one… MinJeong; we’ve been caught up so much in taking the blame that we’re forgetting what’s around us. Whatever had happened, the outcome would have been the same; Destiny’s book had it stated for some time I suppose. But we’re only looking at this experience from a negative point of view; we aren’t seeing the great good Kim JongIn did with his sacrifice. He didn’t only sacrifice himself for you, but for everyone! The game is forever over thanks to him; if it wasn’t for his heroic deed, you would be the one dead, and I would still be in that horrible place alongside him as well… MinJeong… let’s stop this war with ourselves… We have to accept everything that has occurred in order to move on… I may not be the most useful person in your life, but I can assure you I will stand by your side until you get through this…I will protect you no matter what…and that’s a promise…

 

There they were again: my tears. But they were different this time; they weren’t filled with heavy burdensome emotions; no. They were tears of rejoice. The moment I had so much longed for with LuHan had finally arrived. I felt his embrace, and I indeed felt protected. The promise I had done so many time, it was now directed at me; a strange feeling that made me feel loved and consoled at the moment. Shortly after the now fully brunette young man separated from me.

 

LH: Now that I think about it, you really are the culprit behind it all. I can’t share the blame on that one with you.

 

MJ: what…but… didn’t-

 

LH: Because of who you are! You’re so different from everybody else MinJeong; it’s irresistible not to fall in love with you. You make everyone feel beloved, in a way that somewhat seems mystical...You may not be perfect, but your inner beauty is all it takes to be accepted in everyone’s heart… Yup, you’re guilty as charged!

 

LuHan had caught me by surprise. Maybe it was too soon to laugh at a joke of that sort, but a smile was enough to ensure I had taken the message. LuHan’s speech was what I needed to finally see the light…

 

…Kai… Thank you…

 

MJ: LuHan… Thank you…

 

……

 

Today is the day; the last day I had to physically see him. Ten days have gone by since we escaped the clutches of hell… I had gotten out of the hospital 2 days ago; yesterday I had a full interview in front of hundred of reporters from over the world. The President of South Korea personally gave me recognition as the country’s National Hero; my allies had gotten acknowledgments as well. Some countries, in gratitude for saving people of their own, presented us with gifts of all sorts. JongIn was named Savior of the county as well, and a Medal of Honor was given to his parents. But today… today was Kai’s funeral and burial. After being plentiful days under investigation and autopsies, the hero’s body was finally given to his parents. I had gotten ready, wearing a black simple dress; long sleeved and down to my knees. My short hair was now a new accessory. I was walking into the Funerary alongside my parents. LuHan and his parents were already inside. It had been some days now since I last saw JongIn; I didn’t know what my reaction would be like, so I needed LuHan by my side. As we were getting registered in the reception area, LuHan came by to greet us. He took me to the side, as my parents went onwards to the designated room. The funerary had been reserved for this event alone, and so many people had come: strangers and acquaintances alike. LuHan led me to the main office, were we found ourselves in privacy. On top of the desk laid a covered object: long and robust at the same time. The fabric that surrounded it was tough, making it hard to decipher what it was. Luhan took it and passed it on to me.

 

LH: I know you told me to keep it safe, but I don’t feel like the rightful owner. Only warriors are allowed to carry such a piece of fine weaponry… MinJeong, you know what to do…

 

Now I knew what it was, and hearing LuHan say that made me ever so grateful to have him by my side once more. I took the item as it was, and with a nod of the head I accepted what was correct.

 

MJ: Thank you LuHan… I’m glad you didn’t abandon me, after all we’ve been through...

 

LH: That will never happen, MinJeong.

 

And with a reassuring glance from him, we made our way towards the main room. Many people were in the way, but upon recognizing who was coming they all parted to the sides, making a sort of path for me to go through. Everything became silent, and innumerable eyes were upon me. I slowly walked down the center of the giant room, royally decorated with flowers and drapes that were fit for a knight.  At the end of the stretch was the traumatizing sarcophagus… At the edge of the newly formed passage I could see my allies, all giving me looks of fear to what my reaction would be; they knew me well and they knew anything was possible… I was only feet away from the casket when I stopped. I felt my heart racing at an imaginable speed; I couldn’t feel any oxygen coming in. I began to panic; I just wanted to turn my back on reality and I did. I turned around ready to run away from it all, only to find LuHan there to counterattack. He took me by the shoulders and simply gazed into my eyes. No words were needed to know that the moment of truth had come. I hadn’t come all this way…I haven’t suffered so much, just to be called a coward at the very end. With firmness within I turned around once more, going straight towards the white-pearl coffin. And so seconds later I face to face with the cruel reality that damned us all… I was glancing at my partner’s corpse: he was paler, yet his tan could be appreciated; he wore a black suite with no collar accessory; his hair was parted at one side, letting it fall on the other side of his beautiful face. His eyes were eternally shut; his body stiff and hard. I stared at him without moving, simply grasping tight the item in my hands. I felt my body shaking as heavy breathing came about, but never did I falter…. I couldn’t show JongIn my weak side… He would get worried, and that would just make everything worse… Tears had already started to flow down, without the need of facial expressions. I noticed the medal on his chest, pinned to his clothing; its value could not be compared to the one he would receive now… Now it was the moment for his true trophy. I slowly pulled the string that surrounded the item, letting the fabric fall and expose what had been hidden. Multiple gasps could be heard, and it’s understandable: a bloody blade deserved admiration. I held it up in the air for every single eye to witness the sign of victory. I slowly lowered it, passing it ever so close to my face, so I could appreciate for the last time the evidence of the murderous survival. I placed it inside the coffin, positioning the jeweled hilt in between JongIn’s intertwined hands… I knew what the body had been through, what it had died of, and how much time it had been being a corpse, yet I didn’t give a about science right now… I gently caressed the man’s cheek as I leaned in and placed my lips on his. Somehow, as part of the many things science can’t explain, his plump lips were still soft and warm…

 

……

 

CT: …Mrs.Lu…

 

Carlota’s voice had brought me back to reality. I had been caught up again amidst my memories; as one gets old, they tend to cling more to you. I finally opened my eyes, feeling the well-known sensation of facial dampness.

 

MJ: Oh my! I didn’t expect this to happen. I’m sorry child; please don’t be bothered by this old lady’s emotional incontinences.

 

I had wiped away my tears with a trembling hand. Now I saw the silent girl before me, who hid her face behind her own hands; her body quivered. Her sobbing voice gave way.

 

CT: Mrs.Lu… Your story is just too sad… I’m sorry about asking to hear it. Not only did I make you cry, but I have grievous tale take with me as well. I don’t know how you’ve survived so much; your soul must be as strong as your will, Ma’am. I must be in accordance with LuHan: you are indeed special...

 

MJ: Why thank you child, it is God’s blessings I presume. But please do not feel unhappy with my memories. I believe I’ve told you enough.

 

CT: But, what happened afterwards? What did you do?

 

MJ: Well Carlota, I think it’s evident what happened. Sometime after finishing with everything related to the journey, I finally realized that LuHan was the man the Lord had put in my way for me to marry. He never left me, not even when I had mistreated him so harshly; a true gentlemen till the end.

 

CT: Is Mr.Lu….

 

MJ: Yes child… LuHan died 5 years ago… I’ve been ever so lonely since then…

 

CT: I’m sorry for your lose ma’am; It would have been an honor to meet him.

 

MJ: Thank you child; it would have been indeed… LuHan and I made a beautiful family: we had 2 sons and 2 daughters; I’m a grandmother with plentiful grandchildren. I became what I always wanted to be: a doctor. And as my life went on, I was asked from all over the world to attend conferences and special reunions to give testimony of the journey. The one I use to call my allies turned out to be my friends for a lifetime. We’ve kept communications through all these years; although some of them have already passed away. They always teased me saying I had cursed them with my magical pairing methods: “the ships” as we use to call them. HaeRi and Yixing got married, the same as Chanyeol with Lia. MinSeok and LanFang turned into a couple as well. Until the moment of their death, we all paid visits to JongIn’s parents, not only as a way of remunerating their son’s heroism, but because he wasn’t there to do it himself. Besides, we took a very strong liking to them; in the end we had become their children. The day of the funeral, I had told them all that had happened with their son, and what he had told me about his little sister, InNa. Slowly, as I grew older and wiser, I took the most out of the experience lived in the game. Many things learned there have helped me become who I am today. I’ve accomplished everything I wanted in life; the only thing left to do is wait for death to call upon me.

 

CT: Don’t say that Mrs. Lu! It would be a shame to the world losing a valuable person as yourself. For my part, I was thrilled to meet you when I first came here to Korea, but now that I’ve spent some time with you, I feel honored to have spoken to such an amazing person. History hasn’t recorded half of what you’ve told me here today, and it’s alright! Something’s are meant to be a secret, but I’m grateful I got the opportunity to know the truth about you and the game. So don’t worry Ma’am, I’ll make sure to write only about the facts; nothing else, you have my word.

 

MJ: No child… I think it’s time the World knew every little thing behind this historical event. The only ones that knew this story fully were my allies and LuHan, and if we all pass away, no one will ever know what gave rise to the final game. Many men and women have dedicated their lives to scavenge the area in search for ancestral remains. Others have decided to uncover the mentality behind such behaviors practiced in that secret sect. I believe this information can come in handy for future generations. And as your future job, every article written by your hands must only retain the perfect truth, for lies destroy reality.

 

CT: Mrs. Lu, this may come out off the blue but, I feel much attached to you right now. I feel as if there is a connection between us; some sort of mutual understanding. Your simple way of being brings peace to my soul; it’s like you emanate tenderness…

 

MJ: Ahh child, I’m glad you feel it too! I knew you were different from the very start; not only your appearance, but your warm hearted manner. It’s like I’m looking at… a mirror… Carlota…I…

 

I touched my chest over the fabric that covered it, feeling the amulet that hung from my neck. I threw my arms back, unlocking the chain from behind and pulling in forth, exposing it to the exotic woman. When her eyes landed on the artifact, from her lips escaped a gasp.

 

CT: Mrs.Lu… is that really…

 

MJ: The one and only! This dear is the only souvenir I have left from the journey. From this chain not only hangs a heart locket, but an ancient ring. Like I told you before, inside the locket lies a precious picture that has been marked by the passage of time. The ring, after many years and investigations, I came to learn on my own that it belonged to the ancient civilization of the Exotics. I always imagined that the last TRUE Exotic, SuHo’s teacher, passed it down to him as a token of hierarchy. But that is just an uncertainty; for now, the important thing is none of these items have fallen in the hands of the government… Carlota, I want you to have it…

 

CT: ME?! But why?! I haven’t done anything to deserve it Ma’am!

 

MJ: Some things in life aren’t deserved; they are simply given. One must be wise on what to do with them: that’s the hard part. But child, I have no more use for it. You on the other hand can take great advantage out of it; it is after all part of history. I still live nearby, and you will continue to study here, so we can chat whenever you’d like, honey. Yet, if one day the wild calls me and I must leave, you will still have a memory of me… Go on, take it!

 

I offered it to her, until she ever so shyly took it, admiring it from up close, and finally locking it on her neck. I saw how my amulet hung over her chest, feeling how the legacy would go on for another few decades at least. I stared at it imagining a materialistic goodbye; I would dare say I even saw the amulet glowing… Well, the time had come to end the day.

 

MJ: Carlota, I believe its time I head back to my house. All these memories and emotions have me somewhat tired out. I trust in you, child; make me proud! I know you will make it far, just have faith, and believe… And always remember: true beauty isn’t seen with the eyes…

 

CT: Mrs. Lu, words aren’t enough to describe how I feel right now…

 

MJ: Then don’t talk; just act. How about a nice hug, huh?

 

I slowly got up from the bench, making sure a bone didn’t crack in the process. I opened my arms as I went forth to embrace the young woman in a good-bye hug. As she embraced me back, a clean aura emanated from her soul… She was indeed special… We parted, and after saying our last goodbyes, we each went our separate ways. My oldest daughter told me to call her when I had finished, so she could come pick me up, but I preferred to walk back to the house, after all it was only a few blocks away. The moon was starting to appear in this windy autumn night, and the streets were occupied by only a few people. This tranquility made me cherish the atmosphere much more; comparing the wilderness to my own inner state. I was indeed tired from the day, but deep down, there was something else. I felt something missing; talking about my life today made me see I still held a void within. Maybe it’s been there for some time and I’ve just covered it up with other thoughts… Re-living my memories as I did today confirmed that I’m still not complete… I still need to find the missing piece that will highlight my existence…

 

My mind had been so caught up in the past that I forgot about the present, as usual. I had arrived at my house, or as some nearby neighbors called it, the mansion. It was bigger than the rest of the houses, but just as peaceful as well. I looked for the keys in my bag, finally setting foot in my humble home, seconds before a sudden rain came falling on Earth. I stared at the abrupt shower through the opened door, taking in its beautiful mystic powers; its music went well with the night scene. Still, the void was there… I closed the door and continued inside, turning every light as I made my way towards my room. It took me some time to get there: being 83 years old doesn’t help much when walking up a flight of stairs. I went into my chamber, the one I had shared with LuHan until years ago; his scent still roamed the house like a haunting spirit. Suddenly I felt weak; not tired, but faint. I let my bag fall from my hand, not feeling the need to pick it up. I slowly walked to my bed, looking at it with the pleasure of taking a rest, but… That wasn’t the kind of repose I was longing for at the moment… I settled myself in front of the nearby night table that stood at the bed’s right side. Above it, hanging from the pale wall was an oval mirror adorned with its golden frame. I looked into it, finding a feeble old woman. She had a boy-cut hair style, salt and pepper in color. Her dark eyes surrounded by wrinkles. White skin with markings of age came out from under the thin fabric that constructed a simple short-sleeve day dress over her body… She had indeed changed with time; my reflection. But never has my inner persona crumbled; my soul and mind are as before… Older and wiser, but still with the same emotions and values… I sighted at the thought, hanging my head to find the wooden furniture below. With caution I opened the small drawer it possessed, taking a look inside to validate the existence of a certain item. Hands trembling and a racing heart, I picked up the lonely piece of plastic that for decades had been hidden. I brought it up to my face, finally glancing at the picture it bore. I stared at it, trying to contain the feelings it produced in me; the memories it brought back…

 

MJ: …Didn’t you promise you would always be with me?... Why do I fill so empty now that I’ve noticed how alone I am… now that I’ve remembered you…Kai…

 

Kim JongIn’s 9th grade ID card would never respond and I would be forever left in the middle of confusion. Thus it was certain, I had not changed; tears came down, finally falling on the firmly-held card.

 

MJ: JunMyun had told me emotions were ephemeral matters, how no feeling is eternal… If that were true, why do I keep coming back to you, JongIn?... why…

 

To my awe, a creaking sound came from the wooden door of my room. I turned around as a simple reflect, but I was astonished at what had appeared before my eyesight…

 

My room had disappeared, and all that surrounded me was darkness. I remained calmed, walking slowly around the nothingness, deciphering where I could possibly be. I had a feeling I knew where I was; I simply expected it to be different. I had only taken a few steps, when amidst the obscurity I found a passage; a dark tunnel with a light at the end. It looked like one of those I had taken many times before during my life…during the game… I wasn’t afraid; I knew what I had to do. I carefully entered the path that was dimly lighted by the unknown source at the end. I went on, little by little fastening my pace, as is something of value were waiting for me at the bottom. I wanted to get there soon; I had to hurry. I soon found myself jogging towards the goal, but I wasn’t me anymore; not physically. I could feel my changing body, going through the multiple complexions I had once seen in the mirror. My hair grew and shortened while changing colors; my hunch straightened as my height began to increase; the wrinkles were slowly being absorbed, leaving a more even and moisture epidermis each passing second. I was now running; my heart erupting with glee for the unknown that awaited me. My 18 year-old look had taken over me, as well of the youthful spirit and agility of the age. With a last sprint, I finally made it to the end, submerging myself in an infinite white area that illuminated itself. I didn’t show signs of fatigue; I wasn’t even tired anymore. I took some step forth and looked to the only place that was left to discover… I threw my head back, directing my gaze to whatever was above me, and upon encountering it, my internal void was filled… I was complete…  Only light surrounded the endless ceiling; shining rays of glory beamed over me. Amidst the glow something was coming towards me. A figure that swiftly became bigger at its proximity. In a few blinks, the moving source finally reached me. The light parted and from it descended an angel like no other… Wings white and broad, strong and majestic, covered an immortalized body that has been alive in my mind… Kim JongIn was the Guardian Angel that had protected me ever since he left the mortal world behind… And now he was here to finally complete my life… Looking like the first day we met, the tanned angel that levitated in mid air extended a strong arm towards me, bearing one of those...tender loving smiles of his… I smiled back, this time no tears had come into play; there was no need for them in this occasion…No need for them where I was going… I stretched forth my own arm, placing my hand in his, which he gently held… Slowly, and as an everlasting dream, I began to float… The angel pulled me up as we both ascended into the light… And glancing into each other eyes, I finally felt what it was like to be whole for the first time… The light surrounded us… and it was beautiful….