I Failed Him...

The Shadow Games

MJ: KRIIIIIISS!!!

 

KS: Nice to meet you again sweetheart. Miss me?

 

There he was. The guy that told me everything about the game; the one that exposed me to this place. He stood tall with his black hood thrown back. That smirk, the same smirk he had when I first saw his face 2 days ago. I just wanted to wipe it out of his perfectly molded face. I made my way towards him. I just wanted to know some things….

 

MJ: YOU! You and all your stupid little people! Why the do you do this!?! You made YiXing go against his own friend!! You killed JongIn’s baby sister!! You kidnapped BOTH of my best friends!! WHAT THE HELL MORE DO YOU WANT! You people are sick!! Scratch that, you guys are ANIMALS!! SAVAGE BEASTS!! I HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I….WISH…YOU WOULD ALL… DIE!

 

I was pointing fingers at him while moving my arms around aimlessly, just like a mad person. He interrupted me with a sarcastic tone while crossing his arms in front of his chest…

 

KS: Are you done with your rant?

 

I….lost it… I threw myself forward towards him and slapped him across his face, making him take a few steps back. He then touched his left cheek while looking at me with a glare that could turn the most beautiful flower into ashes. He stood up straight again, his cheek burning red, and began to walk towards me. The guys walked behind me to protect me if the case was needed, but I wasn’t afraid. In fact, I really wanted to start something with these people. Someone has to put them into place…

 

MJ: You….You ALL!!! You hide behind those hoods… “We represent the shadows” you say,.. THAT !! You represent an ! You are just scared!! SCARED OF EVERYTHING!! But above all, you’re all scared of being rejected. Instead of using your unique abilities to impress society, you use it to harm it. Your all weak, WEAKER THAN A LARVA! You’ve been easily influenced and converted to work for someone you don’t even know!! Someone that died AGES ago! You all gave your lives to a meaningless cause… “Dr.SooMan was left alone doing his research” you say… THE OLD MAN!! That’s what he gets for being mentally unstable!! And you all decided to join in the weirdo association! And now… now you use innocent people, that don’t have to do anything with their ancestors, to take a stupid revenge…IT DOESN’T EVEN MAKE SENCE!!...Exotica…. a beautiful place, but not beautiful enough to kill others as a “thank you” offering to a demon…

 

I perked up and pushed Kris by the shoulders. He took a few steps back while looking at me dumbfounded. I continued.

 

MJ: Maybe no one never had the guts to point it out… but you know what?!?! I’m not like other people... But I’m not like YOU people either… I fight for what’s right, even if it costs me!! I’m here trying to save my friend… heck, I’m here to save THEM ALL!! Save all the prisoners I can!  And when I DO WIN this game, your little fiasco is going to be over forever!

 

I stopped. I just needed to get all of that out of my chest. I turned around, ready to ignore Kris. Lay and Kai were paralyzed. I think they didn’t believe I was capable of doing that to their worst nightmare. HaeRi was nervous; she knows I’m like that, but maybe she wasn’t comfortable me being like that with someone that could easily kill us all. Kris let out a laugh. I turned around to stare at him the most abdominal way I could.

 

KS: So, you think you’re tough, huh? Well I got news for you babe: You’re in our world now. Just be grateful we stick to the rules… if not… your fate would be in my hands…and it wasn’t going to be pretty. Being the 2nd in charge, I need to give a good example for the crew. And you shouldn’t be taking the “Dr. Sooman story” so seriously…I’ll leave it at that. But you know what, I’m gonna act as if we never had this conversation and just give you what I brought from above. Here.

 

This guy was so cool… not cool as in popular… NO! Cool as in ICE, his heart was a block of ICE!! And what the heck does he mean not to take it so seriously!?!? And what is above? And what was this?... An iPad?

 

MJ: What do you want me to do with it? Aren’t electronic devices useless here?

 

KS: Yeah…yours. Ours work like a charm. It’s an iPad. Just touch the screen and something “interesting” will appear. But I warn you, you should sit down first.

 

Who does this guy think he is to be telling me what to do? Whatever it was I was ready to take it. Maybe it was a tutorial for the next stage, or a map. Maybe this guy wasn’t so bad after all. Lay, Kai, and HaeRi got around me. I pressed play…. And I regretted it…

 

The black screen changed to a darkened room. It was a video recording. I could see a silhouette centered at the center at the room. It looked like a big rock, but then I saw that it moved. The lights in the video came on and I saw him: LuHan.

 

 

MJ: LUHAN!!!!! WHAT THE IS THIS!?!? IS THIS LIVE!?!?

 

KS: No, it’s a recorded video from last night. Our friend Chen wasn’t very happy about what you did to him yesterday…

 

LuLu had a blindfold over his eyes. He was tied to a chair with ropes. His head was hanging forward. He had the school’s long white shirt, drabbed in what seemed dirt...and blood. His hair was messy, sticking out in all directions. I could see his black roots growing in between his golden-dyed hair. Then someone appeared beside him; it was the guy I had hit in the face yesterday.

 

 

He must be Chen. His face was a little bloated, and small cuts ran through his lips and nose. He looked straight at the camera and smirked. The Exotic removed LuHan’s blindfold and I finally saw some movement coming from him. LuHan moved his head sideways before facing to the front, slowly opening his eyes… as if it he had been some time without light. I couldn’t bare the pain that this image produced in me: blackened eyes filled with fright and pain, dried lips with cuts, cheeks in. His eyes were watering: maybe it was the light… maybe they had been like this for sometime now. Overall appearance: he was dirty, hurt, tired, and I’m sure he was thirsty and hungry. The image… it could have made anyone cry.

 

 

LuHan didn’t talk, he just grunted as he tried to sit straight in the chair. The Exotic looked at him in disgust and did something I would never forget… He slapped LuHan so hard that the chair tilted sideways to the right and fell to the ground with a loud thump. LuHan began to whine. Chen then kicked LuHan in the ribs, making the latter cough while huffing loud gushes of air.

 

MJ: LUHAAAN!! MOTHER ER!! GET AWAY FORM HIM!!! DON’T TOUCH HIM YOU DOUCHE!!

 

Al my fears had accumulated into one scene. I had tried to maintain myself, waiting to see what would happen, but I couldn’t any longer. I screamed to the screen, as if the Chen guy could hear me. HaeRi covered in fear. Lay had put a hand on my shoulder. Kai stood there paralyzed before the scene.  LuHan stopped moving I feared the worst, but then Chen took him by the collar and raised him. He cut the ropes around LuLu and set him “free”. LuHan stood up; staggering to maintain balance, while touching his right side where he had fell and got kicked. He finally looked up to the camera again, and I could see all the suffering he had gone through. Chen talked for the first time, and I noticed his high pitched voice.

 

CH: Your friend, the one playing the game for you… she’s making progress… maybe more than she should have done by now. She gave me a piece of her mind today, as you can see by my face. So, I decided it would “only be fair” if I gave her a piece of my mind too…

 

Chen ran towards the fragile LuHan and attacked him with his bare fists: punching his face, taking him by the shirt and pushing him against walls, throwing him to the floor, and finally picking him up by the hair. I began to scream unconsciously. It wasn’t until Kai held me by the shoulders that I regained self control. I hear HaeRi crying behind me. Lay heavily exhaling out of fury. The Exotic dragged the almost-lifeless LuHan toward the camera and made him face it.

 

CH: Do you want to say something to your friend? She’ll be watching this…

 

LuHan’s eyes widen in horror and eventually watered. Maybe he didn’t want me to see him like this. Maybe he was afraid I would do something drastic again and he’d get beat up. Maybe he knows…I would die if I ever saw him like that… His face was covered in blood, staining his white shirt, which was ragged and dirty. His hair looked more like a spider than the normal “cool-bowl-cut” he usually has. He flinched at every movement the small, skinny Exotic did. LuHan didn’t say anything. He just stared into the camera, trying to tell me everything with one glance. I could read it all: …just get out of here…save yourself… forget about me… The recording went black and I stood there for a few minutes staring at it, to see if anything else would pop up, but it didn’t.

 

I began to scream uncontrollably. I threw the iPad to the ground, shattering its screen into pieces. I threw myself to the floor, kneeling as I ripped apart my face with my nails. I cried, I cursed, I screamed…. Everytime one of the guys tried to touch me I would push them back. I looked at Kris between my tears, and saw that his smirk had disappeared. He actually looked hurt… maybe because I broke his device…

The only thing that ran through my mind was the video… LuHan… everything he has been going through…His stare, his hidden message…

 

Suddenly everything fell on me at the same time….and everything went black…

 

….I failed him…

-----------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTE:

OMG! I cryed writing this!! i cant imagine Lulu being hurt!! AND CHEN!! OMG IM SORRY!! I dont want to make Chen a bad guy, but he just has this sleek look on his face that says:... BECAUSE IM NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!! and I just had to put him as a bad guy (same goes for Kris)... But dont get me wrong, I LOVE JONGDAE!!

And just so you know, if you've read  all 15 chapters, you have read 75 pages of Word Document in Times New Roman #12.... YOUVE PRETTY MUCH READ A SHORT BOOK!! CONGRATS~! ;)