Welcome to EXO Tower

The Shadow Games

 

BLOODY PICTURE IN THIS CHAPTER ALSO! Click on Tabs provided to view picture! ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We all laid on the floor, panting and grabbing a hold of our chests as we tranquilized ourselves. Kai quickly crawled up to me to see if I was okay. I told him I was. I believe he was good as well. I looked in front of us and saw what EXO Tower was really all about. The long, dark hallway ahead of us was slightly dimmed, but darkness was all that prevailed around us. I could barely see my hands, let alone the guys. Still, there was a weak light source coming from the end of the corridor. I felt as Lay tried to look at HaeRi’s wounded leg, but due to the darkness he couldn’t see or do anything.

 

MJ: Guys, let’s keep moving. Maybe at the end of the hallway the light becomes brighter. We can’t stay here for long; who knows if the men on the other side actually open the door. Besides, we can’t cure ourselves in this darkness. Lay, help HaeRi up and stand by her side as she walks. Don’t pick her up in your arms; you’re already too tired and we don’t need another ill team member (He did as I told). Kai, give me your hand (we swatted our hands in the air until we finally clashed our palms and took hold of eachother). Now Lay, gimme your free hand (I waved my wounded hand in the air until I found his, which he gripped)…ouch...

 

Lay let go and tried to look at his own hand; he felt it wet. Since he couldn’t see he smelled it. I’m guessing he discovered it was blood and prompted me to explain.

 

MJ: First of all, let me clarify I don’t have HIV. I only said that to give that Chen guy a good scare. So don’t worry If you touch my blood, because it isn’t contagious. I only have a deep cut in my palm, that’s all. So please, just take my hand as it is, at least until we find some light. We can’t take the risk of losing someone in this darkness (he sighted but eventually gave me his hand). Now, everyone be on guard. This may seem a calm place, but is not. Kris told me it was the hardest part of the game. Maybe it’s a trap, but still I’m not taking any risks. Now, let’s all walk toward the light at the end… and pray a devil isn’t waiting there to kill us…

 

We all began to slowly walk down the passage. Even though I’m not familiar with this environment, it was up to me to make the decisions this time. Maybe I sounded a little bossy, but it was the only way to keep moving. I could hear HaeRi’s heavy breathing, but above all, the chains at their feet. They produced a loud echo that vibrated deep inside the corridor, intruding my body, producing a feeling of torment. Kai was still holding the lance, while HaeRi was carrying the dagger. If anything were to occur in here, at least we got weapons. We walked for some time, and the closer we got to the light, the weaker I felt. I didn’t say anything because the boys would get worried, but I was ready to faint at any moment. I tried to distract myself by trying to remember what Kris had said about this place…

 

“..As you can see, the buildings are all open: they don’t have a roof. But there is only one building that is closed completely: Exo Tower. There is where you’ll face one, if not the hardest, task of the game. No shadows are inside the tower, but you will have to learn a new set of rules. Someone will be controlling the light switches of the building, and the area will be loaded with our men, keeping a close eye on your group. Everytime the lights are off you are free to run around the building; but when the lights go on you must hide under a desk or something similar, otherwise you will be attacked, this time in hand-to-hand combat. There is a trick to the light-span…”

 

So, that means that there’s an Exotic here; and our lived depend on the decision he takes. I’m guessing we have 2 options: flee or fight. And knowing this people, we’ll have to kick the guy’s to escape from this place. I just hope we’re all capable of doing such a task.

 

Soon after we arrived at the dim light, to find out if was coming from under the door.

 

 

MJ: You guys… if there’s light in that room, it means we’ll be attacked the moment we enter…. But on the other hand, there isn’t anything else we can do… Nowhere else to run to…

 

I faced them and they all seemed to be thinking. I asked Kai if he had reached this far before. He answered that no. That means we are out of guidance, and whatever action we take is a risky one. Moments like this are where my motherly senses activate.

 

MJ: Everyone, listen up. Here’s the plan. I’m going to barge into that room, but I want you all to stay back here. Whatever happens, you’ll have to decide what’s best (I went over to HaeRi and took the dagger). Were in no position to fight, but someone has to sacrifice himself in order to find a solution; and that’s me.

 

Kai abruptly grabbed me by my right wrist and leaned in to face me. The light gave way to see he was angered; more like a scolding manner. He pushed me to the side and made his way to the door.

 

MJ: Kai! Wait, no! We can’t risk you! You’re too valuable to lose!

 

I tried to make my way towards him so I could stop his foolishness, but Lay grabbed me tightly by the arm. These guys knew how to communicate by mind or something.

 

MJ: Lay oppa! LET ME GO!! Kai can’t go in there alone! We can’t lose him…

 

Kai went back to me and looked me straight in the eyes. At first it was a killer glance, but then it turned into a smile. He softly touched my left cheek and backed away from me. It felt like “everything is going to be alright. I got this”. I knew it was absurd to fight against Jongin; I’ve only known him a few days and I already know how hard headed the kid can be. I sternly looked at him, but managed to loosen up…

 

MJ:…(sigh)… just be careful Kai…

 

Kai nodded, turned around and faced the door. We remaining 3 took a few steps back. In a matter of seconds Kai opened the door, walked in and closed it again… I thought my heart was going to burst. I couldn’t hear anything at the other side. YiXing eventually let go off me and I went to put an ear over the door just to make sure. Suddenly…

 

BOOM!

 

A loud crystal-shattering sound came from behind the door. I jumped back startled, and feared for the worst…. I stood there, not even breathing, just praying. A few second went by, and no sign of Kai coming back.

 

MJ:…Kai?.......Kai?.........KAI!?...

 

I was already crying without making a sound. Another second and I would fall to the ground calling JongIn from beyond the grave. But miraculously… the door opened and out came Kai. I hugged him without thinking it twice and began to hit him on the shoulder.

 

MJ: YOU !!! YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK! I…Am….NEVER leaving you alone again..NEVER!!!..OH MY GOD!!...I’m just happy your okay…

 

I kept hugging him. Even though it might seem I overreacted over such a stupid thing, the truth is, I’m afraid of losing him. I don’t what to lose anyone else in my life… not even if it temporary. That’s why I feared that Kai might not return.

 

MJ: Kai! What was that noise? It sounded like a crash… Did you break something?

 

Kai glared at me. He even mouthed a “Chincha?!” out of disbelief. He then explained that the moment he entered the room the lights turned blue. He was looking about to see if any Exotics appeared, but none did. Just as he was heading back some of the light bulbs exploded.

 

MJ: Blue?! I hadn’t noticed.

 

We all looked under the door again and the rays of light were blue indeed. Kai motioned us to go through, since there wasn’t any menace around… yet. He opened the door, and in we went, closing it afterwards, and appreciating what was on the other side.

 

 

It was like a big reception area with no people. It had a sort of temple like feel, but it was still very modern. To the right there was a big pond with some fishes. Now that we had some sort of light we could concentrate better in curing one another.

 

MJ: Lay! Bring HaeRi over so I can clean her wound.

 

Lay brought RiRi next to the pond and let her lay on the cold floor. I was already taking off my school jacket to dampen and use as a cloth, but YiXing oppa stopped me.

 

MJ: What?! What’s wrong?

 

Lay explained I also needed to be cured, so I shouldn’t be moving about so freely. He made me sit next to HaeRi, taking my jacket and doing the work himself. He then returned with it all wet and dripping. He first went to HaeRi, which still had half of an arrow sticking out of her leg.

 

MJ: HaeRi… does it hurt? It looks so bad! You’ve been so strong!

 

She managed a smile. I hugged her, while Lay worked on her leg. Some minutes went by, and it was obvious that YiXing had to do some quick surgery on her leg. He took the newly-owned knife and began his procedure. HaeRi screamed, banged her head against me, and cried. Even though it only lasted 2 minutes, seeing my Best Friend suffer like that made me shiver and sulk. As Lay finished up with HaeRi, I noticed Kai was some distance away checking out the broken light bulbs. Apparently they had exploded up in the ceiling, and the shattered pieces came down to the floor. I saw Kai’s expression and knew he was onto something.

 

MJ: What’s the matter JongIn? Everything okay back there?

 

Kai gestured it was nothing and directed himself towards the pond. Not only did he drink out of it, but he also refilled the bomb-canteen Kris had left behind for us. Just then Lay came to me to take care of my hand. But apparently something else caught his attention: I was pale as a paper. He took my hand and noticed the wound was already closing, so it couldn’t have been that. And he already knew the HIV scenario was fake. Apparently he remembered I was in my period and made the connection. He looked down towards my feet, but found something even more terrifying…

 

[Bloody Legs]

 

Kai also noticed. I was losing too much blood, besides the fact of not feeding myself adequately the last few days. I was a mess, and I felt like one too. But I tried to hide it, because then the boys would get all picky and would want to carry me or something along the lines. They asked if I was okay, and I answered yes. Kai looked at me mischievously, but in the end believed me. Lay began to clean my wound and wrap it with a strip of his shirt he had cut. Soon after my hand was bandaged.

 

Kai was still trying to decipher something from the blue light that shown down on us. I decided to interrogate him but he gestured there was something bothering him about the change in lights. He asked: “Why would there be a change in light color, and still no Exotics appear?” He smelled something fishy. I kept the thought at mind as I drank all the water possible, making sure for the road ahead.

 

Being inside this dim lit room reminded me of the video were LuHan got beat up. I wonder if something similar will happen to him again. After all, Kai stabbed a few men… But even worst, Chen had died… LORD! PLEASE PROTECT LUHAN!! I DON’T WANT HIM TO KEEP SUFFERING! I wouldn’t be able to forgive myse…

 

My thoughts got interrupted by a melodic, high pitched voice…

 

???:  Welcome to EXO Tower… Miss Park!