A Secret was Revealed

Genie for your Wish

 

 

Yoona: "ready?"

Minho: "I guess I am"

Yoona and Minho boards the roller coaster. It unexpectedly shakes so Minho holds Yoona's hand.

Yoona: "scared?"

Minho: "kind of. What was that?"

Yoona: "I don't know but that's normal. Don't worry. Just hold my hand if you feell afraid" Minho nods. The roller coaster slowly begins to start.

Minho: "oh man! We're getting higher and higher!" The coaster stops at the very top.

Yoona: "1, 2, 3, AAAHHH!!!" The ride starts moving again and it's going down so fast.

Minho and Yoona keeps on screaming and shouting as the coaster goes on every loop of ride. Yoona can see the look on Minho's face that he is having fun though it's funny that it's his first time.

Minho: "YOONA!"

Yoona: "WHAT!!??"

Minho: "THANK YOU!"

Yoona: "YOU'RE WELCOME!!"

Minho: "saranghaeyo" he said unclearly

Yoona: "WHAT!!??"

Minho: "NOTHING!!"

Minho sighs and he chuckles.

 

Yoona: "that was really fun. Minho, do you want to eat?"

Minho: "yeah. I'm starving"

Yoona: "I'm going to buy there. Their hotdogs are really good. Wait for me here"

Minho: "okay"

Minho puts his hands on his pocket with his head on the ground. He lifts his head and sees people rushing on the same location. Thinking that Yoona will still be at the hotdog stall a little longer, he goes to where the most people are. 

Yoona: "Minho, here's the......"

Yoona drops the hotdogs in her hands and panics. Minho is not there anymore at the place where she left him. She looks around to nearby places where he left him, hoping that he has not gotten far away yet. She wants to ask strangers but Minho could've returned in his genie form without her knowing. Yoona becomes very worried that she might not find Minho anymore. She becomes afraid that she might not see him anymore. She pauses at one place and holds her tears

Minho: "Yoona!"

Yoona gasps when she heard Minho called her. She looks around to locate where the voice came from and sees Minho, waving at her as he walks towards her. She didn't wait for him to approach her so she runs to him and hugs him unexpectedly. Minho was surprised that Yoona is hugging her but he just hugs her back. He's smiling a little because of this scene.

Yoona: "where have you been?!" Yoona hits his back

Minho: "are you crying?" Minho breaks the hug and looks at the poor face of Yoona.

Yoona: "I thought I won't see you anymore" Yoona sobs. Minho wipes the tears in her flawless face.

Minho: "why would that happen?"

Yoona: "because I thought you went somewhere and lost youself. I am so worried looking for you and I was thinking that you must be back to your genie form"

Minho: "stop crying. I won't be lost and if I will be, I can telelport back to where I last saw you or to the house"

Yoona snorts.

Yoona: "I didn't think of that" Yoona slightly pushes Minho and she wipes her own tears. She feels embarassing for her actions lately. It really isn't a big deal if Minho will be lost because it's easy for him to go back. Why did I react like that? I was out of my mind.

Minho: "what is it?"

Yoona: "I was overreacting. Sorry"

Minho: "I think I'm back"

Yoona: "you're already standing in front of me"

Minho: "I mean, I'm back to my genie form"

Yoona: "oh.. Are you sure?"

Minho: "Of course, I can feel it"

Yoona: "what's the difference between the two?"

Minho: "the genie feeling is much better"

Yoona: "don't say a word anymore. Let's just go home"

Minho is actually lying. Today's experience made him realize some things that he never realized before. It must be because of Yoona that's why he thinks that being a human is better than being a genie. Seeing her doing everything that she could so that Donghae will love her back without his help. It feels great to do things that you really tried hard to do and succeed in the end unlike when he is a genie, it's easy for him to do stuff without exerting so much effort and it's not even worth it for him.

 

Hyoyeon is early in school today, earlier than Yoona.

Yoona: "this is the 2nd time that you came earlier than I am"

Hyoyeon: "Mom is irritating these days. She keeps on talking about the guys that admires her. I can't believe that she's my mom"

Yoona: "your mom is really confident. I think your mom is cool"

Hyoyeon: "that's why I love her"

Yoona: "Hyoyeon"

Hyoyeon: "yes?"

Yoona: "I have a question"

Hyoyeon: "say it"

Yoona is about to ask Hyoyeon something related to Donghae and Minho but Minho just appears.

Yoona: "I forgot my question"

Hyoyeon: "try going to the neurologist before you ask something to me, okay?"

Yoona: "if I have time"

They chuckle.

Minho: "is your teacher not yet here?"

Yoona: "I don't know. We just arrived"

Minho: "can I go off somewhere?"

Yoona: "again? No. You'll stay here until the end of the class" She mumbles

Minho: "just like what I thought"

 

Yoona and Minho are on their way to the cafeteria when Donghae meets with Yoona. He is hiding something behind his back. It's like a flower.

Donghae: "Yoona" he said with a shy voice

Yoona: "yep?"

Donghae: "can we meet on Sunday at the park?"

Yoona: "why Sunday?"

Donghae: "because.... It's not crowded on that day"

Yoona: "why so sudden?"

Donghae: "I just want to spend a Sunday with you"

Yoona: "okay?"

Donghae: "I'll wait for you. 1pm. By the way, for you" Donghae gives her a red rose.

Yoona: "thanks" She receives it.

Donghae: "I'll be going now"

Yoona: "bye"

Donghae leaves and sighs heavily. He holds his chest because his heart is thumping.

Minho: "why would he want to meet you on Sunday?"

Yoona: "I don't know. I'll just go with it because it's hard to insist"

Minho: "Your mom is not yet coming home this week right?"

Yoona: "yes. Maybe one day, I'll just find out when I got home that they are back"

Minho: "do you think, Donghae already loves you?"

Yoona gasps.

Yoona: "why did you ask suddenly?"

Minho: "just answer"

Yoona: "if he is, you're supposed to be..........gone by now and.....I can't.....see or talk to you anymore"

Minho: "oh...right"

Yoona: "I'm starving. We should go to the cafeteria before my afternoon class starts"

Minho: "go ahead"

Yoona starts to move forward but she suddenly pauses because she noticed that Minho isn't following her. She looks back and finds out that he isn't there anymore.

Yoona: "he caught me off guard again and made his great escape. Wow"

 

Yoona is sitting on the grass field by herself under the tree watching the athletes running on the sports field.

Hyoyeon: "wow. You're holding a flower and it's a rose"

Yoona: "yep"

Hyoyeon: "who gave it to you? Is it....."

Yoona: "no. I just found it on my way here"

Hyoyeon: "liar"

Yoona: "Hyoyeon, is it possible if I immediately realize that I really don't have feelings for a guy anymore?"

Hyoyeon: "it is possible. But some, it takes time for them to realize it due to some reasons"

Yoona: "what reasons?"

Hyoyeon: "you are blinded by how you know the person and you think your heart is only for that person. You like him/her because of this and that but that's all, period"

Yoona: "what do you mean by that's all?"

Hyoyeon: "you just like that person, no other feelings though you are expecting to feel more than that"

Yoona: "what other reasons?"

Hyoyeon: "uhm... Sometimes, you never know, you're already in love with someone else"

Yoona: "who?"

Hyoyeon: "wait. Why do you keep on asking this kind of things? You think you don't like Donghae anymore?"

Yoona: "what?! No!! Of course not!" Yoona defensively said.

Hyoyeon: "don't panic, okay. I know that you like him very much. You liked that guy in your whole high school"

Yoona: "I should go first now" Yoona gets her bag and stands up. She dusts off the grass in her skirt.

Hyoyeon: "what's the rush girl?"

Yoona: "I still have something to do"

Hyoyeon: "okay.. I'm just going to enjoy the fresh air by myself"

Yoona: "see you later"

 

Yoona is walking alone on the school hallway. She is bowing her and is thinking where could Minho be. She loses her attention on the way and bumps at a girl.

Yoona: "I'm sorry"

Yoona bows as a sign of sorry.

Jessica: "that's okay"

She recognizes the voice. She lifts her head up and she's right.

Yoona: "Jessica"

Jessica: "can we talk?"

Yoona: "oh...okay"

Yoona follows her to the balcony of the school in front of the stairs going to the 3rd floor. There's a table and a pair of chair. Jessica sits on one of the chair and Yoona on the chair in front of Jessica. This is the first time after 3 years that they are going to have a serious conversation again

 

Yoona goes home with a stressful looking face. Minho stands by at the door of their house and waits for Yoona there. Minho noticed that Yoona looks sad. He doesn't know if he should ask her or not.

Minho: "Yoona, are you okay? Did something happen in your school? I'm sorry if I wasn't there for you" Minho gets Yoona's bag and place it on the couch. Yoona is not yet responding as they go to her room together, she just sit on her bed and lean her body on the wall. Minho sits with her to hear her talk.

Yoona: "Donghae is sick"

Minho: "did he take medicine?"

Yoona: "no. He has brain tumor"

Minho: "what?! Who told you? Did he tell you?"

Yoona: "Jessica did"

Flashback

Jessica: "how is Donghae?"

Yoona: "he's okay, I guess"

Jessica: "you have a doubt in your answer? This is funny. The two of you are always together" Jessica chuckles. "how are the two of you?"

Yoona: "uhm..." Yoona is still thinking about her answer. She's not sure what she should tell her and Jessica might misinterpret whatever she will say.

Jessica: "it's fine if you don't know what to say"

Yoona is a little shock. She can't believe that Jessica is talking to her with a very calm voice. She thought that Jessica might yell at her.

Yoona: "okay"

Jessica: "take care of Donghae"

Yoona: "what do you mean?"

Jessica: "take care of him as much as you can. Do it for me or if you can't do it for me, do it for him"

Yoona: "I don't know what you are saying"

Yoona seems to be confused of what Jessica keeps on telling her. Her voice is also very serious and weak. It sounds like Donghae is.....dying.

Jessica: "I can't take care of him anymore even for one last time because what he wants is you. You're his happiness now. Not his friends or whoever but only you"

Yoona: "why are you saying this things to me?"

Yoona becomes nervous.

Jessica: "he has brain tumor"

Yoona: "huh? Jessica, this is not funny"

Jessica: "I'm not joking, Yoona. Donghae needs you. You're the only one that can make him proceed with the surgery"

Yoona: "since when did you find out including Sunny unnie?"

Jessica: "this year, during summer"

Yoona: "is there a possibility that he could.....die?"

Yoona's tears flow in her rosy cheeks.

Jessica: "yes,There is, that's why he needs you. If it wasn't for Donghae, I won't talk to you right now but you know that I care for that guy so much"

Yoona: "I don't know what I can do for him, Jessica"

Jessica: "he....loves...you so he will listen to you.Just be with him whatever you feel about him. A life is at risk in here,Yoona. It's your decision"

end of flashback

Minho: "oh my gosh. Maybe that's why he wants to meet