Bad Day

Genie for your Wish

 

Minho’s pov

Yoona: “life is so cruel isn’t it?” The lights in Yoona’s room are off while she’s sobbing and crying hard. We’re sitting on the floor and we lean our bodies on the wall.

Minho: “just let it all out Yoona”

I tap her shoulders, trying to comfort her but I guess it doesn’t work. I have no idea what I should say to her since I know nothing about this kind of situation.  I can’t say that she should just move on because she might get intimidated.

Yoona: “I remembered telling you that he’s different from the boys and girls that are in the same state as him. I thought he’s one of a kind but no, he’s just the same as them”

Minho: “I remembered how proud you were when you said that”

Yoona: “bad luck must be on my side that the guy that I like so much is just using me for his own good. How awful was that…” She chuckles a little. I don’t know exactly what she feels but I understand why there are tears in her eyes right now. The only thing I know is that she’s hurt and she needs someone to lean on. That would be me.

Minho: “just keep on crying. I will never leave you”

Yoona: “thank you”

Yoona’s head falls onto my shoulder and it gives me chills. I can feel the droplets of her tears on my arms. I put my arms with tears around her shoulders and she leans her head to my chest. My heart is beating so fast right now. This is not  ausual thing for a girl to do.

Minho: “I’m just here for you”

I her hair gently as her tears are falling on my shirt. The harder she cries, the tighter I hug her. I can’t understand why I feel like I want to save her from the pain that is in her heart right now. If I have to hug her even tighter for her to forget every pain that she feels, I will. I don’t know what kind of feeling is this but I’m starting to like this feeling towards Yoona and it might become the reason that I can’t endure to leave her one day after she said her wish to me.

Yoona has finally stopped crying because she has fallen asleep. I can’t wake her up to tell her to go her bed so I just stayed in the same position as what I was before. I already feel exhausted but I’m just ignoring the tired feeling. I look at Yoona and her eyes are kind of swollen even though they are closed and her face blushes a little too. Donghae seems to be a person who wouldn’t do such thing and I have a doubt that he’s that kind of person. For few days that he was always with Yoona and how he cares about her, I’m not fully convinced that he would betray her. Maybe Donghae is up to something that Yoona has no idea of but…..I still can’t tell. Maybe Yoona is also right that Donghae is a liar.

 

Yoona’s pov

I open my eyes and I look around. I wonder why I’m still sitting on the floor. I noticed that my head is on Minho’s chest and his arm is around my shoulders.  I gaze at Minho who is still sleeping quietly. I look at his face and realized that he has a very handsome face. I just keep on staring at him until he open up his eyes.

Minho: “what are you staring at?”

Yoona: “ah…uhm…Nothing. I’m just surprised that you’re hugging me right now?” I think that’s a good excuse, I guess?

Minho: “I didn’t wake you up because it looks like you’re sleeping comfortably on my chest” This is a little embarrassing. I didn’t realize that I’ve fallen asleep. Maybe he felt tired while I was sleeping.

Yoona: “I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to sleep on your…..chest”

Minho: “that’s okay. I don’t mind. So, are you alright now?”

I thought I’ve forgotten about it already but Minho reminded me again and it’s the reason why I slept on his chest. I feel awkward that I slept on his chest. I don’t know the right thing that I should answer. I don’t want to make Minho worry about me so much but I still feel that I’m not okay.

Minho: “it’s okay if you still aren’t. I understand. I just asked you to find out if you will lie to me that you already feel good. Don’t worry; time will let your heart heal”

I can’t believe that Minho said these things right now. Is this really Minho? It doesn’t feel like him. He sounds a little serious this time.

Yoona: “thanks. I feel okay because you’re here but maybe I would feel that I’m not again if I…..”

Minho: “if you see him?”
Yoona: “right”

Minho: “you better go downstairs. You must be hungry because of the crying you did yesterday”

Yoona: “but at this time, Mom hasn’t cooked yet” then Minho smiled at me “oh..There’s already food there. Magic, right? I forgot”      I stand up from the floor and my body is aching. Of course it’s aching because I was sitting while sleeping on the floor. My body hurts , what about Minho’s situation last night? “By the way, thanks and sorry”

Minho: “you’re welcome and just a reminder; I’m your slave slash guardian slash protector slash friend. I’m always here for you”

Yoona: “yeah. Until Sunday only”

I leave my room and pause for a while. Minho’s departure date is getting sooner and sooner. I never thought that I would think like this but I will miss that guy. I proceed to the kitchen and start eating. I kind of feel happy now, thanks to Minho.

 

Minho’s pov

On our way to school, Yoona and I are talking. I think Yoona is trying to drag herself out from thinking about everything. It’s a little obvious because she only wants to talk about something that is funny. I’m not sure if I’m right but that’s what I feel about it. As we arrive in her school, I look around for Donghae but it looks like he’s not yet here yet.

Minho: “it looks like you’re still alone in here. Hyoyeon  and Do…Sorry”

Yoona: “yeah. I should’ve called her this morning” What is wrong with me? I lightly slap myself.

She’s really trying to forget about him. She doesn’t even want to hear his name. She goes to the girl’s locker room and saw Jessica inside. She’s thinking twice if she will get in or not.

Jessica: “look who’s here… So, how are you and Donghae?” Yoona clenches her fist when she walks towards her locker. Yoona just ignores her as she puts her things in her locker.

Jessica: “she’s not answering. I thought you’re a good girl but you don’t know how to answer a question from a former friend” Jessica laughs as well as her other friends. Yoona is just holding back her anger.

Yoona: “I don’t  answer questions that aren’t worth answering” she slams the door of her locker and leaves with a very cold expression which gives me shivers.

Minho: “that was cold back there”

I tried to joke around because I thought she will smile a little but she didn’t. She walks really fast in the hallway and I can’t catch up. She keeps on bowing her head while walking and I know she won’t notice anything in front of her.

Minho: “Yoona! Look out!”  Yoona suddenly bumps into someone without knowing who the person is yet. This is not a good day for her. It’s a bad start already a while ago. First, it is Jessica and now, Donghae. Yoona lifts her head up.

Donghae: “Yoona, are you okay?”

I am not that close to her right now but the tears composing in her eyes are visible to me. She just walks away and leaves him behind. As I follow Yoona who is out of my sight already, I was looking back at Donghae and he looks so clueless on Yoona’s sudden action. He must be surprised that Yoona didn’t greet him.

Minho: “Yoona, slow down”

Yoona: “I’m already late to the field that’s why I’m on rush!” Her voice sounds weird.

Minho: “there’s still 30 minutes left before the start” then she stopped walking.

Yoona: “is it? Well, I didn’t know”

Minho: “stop trying to hide your true feelings when you saw him. It’s just me”

Yoona: “I know. That’s why it’s harder to express because you know what I am into right now”

Minho: “just forget about it. Act like nothing has happened between you and that guy” We proceed to the field and saw Hyoyeon sitting on the bleachers.

Yoona: “Hyoyoen!” Yoona walks towards her happily. She’s really acting now.

Hyoyeon: “Tomorrow is the last day”

Yoona: “this day is a little slow. I want to go home already”

Hyoyeon: “me too. What if we boycott the last day tomorrow? They won’t notice that”

Yoona: “YAH KIM CHODING! If you’re planning to do something bad, do it by yourself”

Hyoyeon: “I’m just joking, Yoong”

I am sitting beside Yoona and I am looking at the view of the field. I try to sit even more comfortably to enjoy the windy weather. I see Jessica approaching Donghae and Donghae’s eyes are on Yoona but Yoona won’t meet his eyes. Jessica suddenly links her arm with Donghae’s and it caught Yoona’s attention when she glanced at them for a second. Yoona’s mood changes and gives her attention to Hyoyeon, trying to ignore the sight. Donghae removes Jessica’s hand with force with a disgusting-looking face and his eyes are still on Yoona. I know that Jessica saw Yoona’s expression about it. I’m already thinking suspiciously about Jessica.

 

Yoona’s pov

Mr. Park: “Congratulations, everyone, because you’ve successfully finished this activity”

Mr. Lee: “tomorrow, selected students from 4-A and 4-B class will go to Seoul Elementary School to do teaching” They’ve got to be kidding me. I’m still exhausted because of this activity. I hope I won’t be chosen.

Mr. Park: “4-A and 4-B class, proceed to your respective classrooms”

Minho, Hyoyeon and I go together to our room. As I get inside, I saw Donghae looking at me but I look away.

Mr. Lee: “Yoona and Hyoyeon, you will go to the one-day teaching class tomorrow”

Minho: “ouch… you need to wake up early again tomorrow” Why is it that the world is a little harsh to me? Well, I’m sure that there’s an additional point for my Cooperation Activities.

Hyoyeon: “this must be a bad day for us”

Yoona: “yeah, I’ve been having a bad day since morning”

Hyoyeon: “why? what happened?”

Yoona: “because of these sports thingy. I’ll go home now, Hyo”

Hyoyeon: “okay, be careful” Minho and I leave the room and we walk in the school hallway together. I hear someone calling my name. 

Donghae: “Yoona! can I take you home?”

Minho: “It’s Donghae”

Yoona: “I know that voice. Let’s walk faster” I feel like my blood is boiling every time I see him, but I still can’t forget my feelings for that guy.