Lab Partners

Genie for your Wish

Yoona’s POV

Yoona: “what did you say?”

Minho: “I said, you like that guy”

Yoona: “no, I don’t like him. I just admire him”

Minho: “that’s still the same”

Yoona: “it’s not”

Minho: “your face is getting even more red”

Yoona: “urgh” he’s pissing me off so I walk away and leave him behind but it’s no use, he can still catch up on me.

Minho: “oh man.. she’s mad again”

I can sense his presence while I’m going to my next class. Hyoyeon was already on her seat when I get in.

Hyoyeon: “did something happen? You’re blushing”

Minho: “yup… her crush bumped at her”

If Minho was a human, I could have punched him on his face or strangled him. Good thing that I’m the only that can see and hear him.

Yoona: “nothing. I’m just happy”

Hyoyeon: “you’re hiding something aren’t you?” I think I look suspicious. I should act more relax like nothing has happened.

Yoona: “if I have a secret, I will surely let you know”

I didn’t notice that Ms. Jung is already there so I start to be quiet before I get scolded. When I look at my left side, Minho is like a kid eating ramen.

Minho: “ah.. this is so good”

Ms. Jung: “we will all proceed to the laboratory room together with the other class. We will do an activity which will be done by pairs”

All of us piled up outside the classroom and go by ourselves to the laboratory room quietly. Of course, I’m with Hyoyeon. As I enter the room, one person has grabbed my attention. The guy standing near the window and the sunlight makes his face glow brighter like his a member of a boy group, Donghae. He’s by his self at the laboratory table and he’s staring outside the window.

Minho: “I see someone that I saw awhile ago and the girl beside me is staring at him like a beautiful portrait by an awesome artist” There goes Minho again, teasing me to Donghae.

Yoona: “quiet, will you” I whispered to him. He’s such a distraction to the view.

Minho: “and she told me that she doesn’t like him but now….”

Yoona: “please don’t say a word”

Hyoyeon: “Yoona, Donghae is right there” she points at him.

Yoona: “don’t point at him. He might find out that I’m looking at him”

what a great view I’m having right now and the distractions are as fast as lightning. Jessica suddenly approaches him. She likes him too, really really likes him a lot. And girls that have crush on Donghae are just keeping it to their selves, afraid that Jessica might do something.

Ms. Jung: “class, come in front and pick one rolled paper in this bowl. There are two pairs of number. Go look for a girl/boy with the same numbers as yours and he/she will be your partner”

 I immediately go in front with Hyoyeon to take a pick. The number I got is 9. I checked out every student with the same number except for JeTiYul and Donghae so I decided to just wait for someone to approach me.

Donghae: “Yoona, excuse me. May I know your number?”

Donghae approached me.. Oh my gosh.. and he knows my name too. This is surreal..

Yoona: “9”

Donghae: “so you are my partner. Great”

This must be my lucky day. The guy that I like approached me, he knows my name and he got to be my partner too… yippeeee….!!

Minho: “hey, quit blushing” Minho is right. I think I’m blushing. I shouldn’t be or else it would be too obvious.

Jessica: “What’s your number Donghae?”

Donghae: “9, Yoona is my partner by the way”

Jessica: “her? Really?” she gets my paper and checks out if it really is number 9. Does she think I’m a liar? And I’m not that desperate to be with Donghae unlike her.

Donghae: “Yoona, let’s go to our table now”

He surprisingly grabs my hand and I was caught off guard. His hands are so warm. I can’t believe that I’m holding his hand.

Jessica: “with all the girls, why does it have to be you?”

I look back at Jessica and she looks pissed. I’m so dead to her later or maybe tomorrow.

Donghae: “I’m so sorry about Jessica. She’s just like that”

I sit on the stall and as well as Donghae on the other. I’ve never had this interaction with him before and I never had a conversation with him. This is one of my best days.

Yoona: “that’s okay”

Donghae: “we’ve been classmates since elementary, right?” We’ve been classmates before? I didn’t know that.

Minho: “that’s showbiz”

Yoona: “really? How did you know? Are you sure?”

Donghae: “yes.. I will never forget that innocent and cute look of yours” he smiled at me.

That smile is invigorating to girls, no doubt.

Yoona: “okay, what elementary school I went?”

Donghae: “That’s easy. Still the same as of today, Seoul American School and that’s where you met Jessica, Tiffany and Yuri. All of you came from America and since 1st grade, you’ve been my classmate”

Yoona: “you’re correct but I don’t remember you”

Donghae: “you don’t have to. What matters right now is, I’ve finally met you, at last and I’m happy”

Yoona: “me too” he’s glad that he met me. WOW

Donghae: “we should start working now before our teachers scold us”

I am having fun doing our activity together with Donghae. He’s a wholesome guy. I’m right of what I thought of him. He’s not like everyone else but I know I won’t have a chance on him. There are girls much better than I am. Speaking of other girls, I’m still worried about Jessica. She might just confront me later or tomorrow.

Yoona: “at last, we’re done”

Donghae: “thanks to you. Is Chemistry your favorite subject?”

Yoona: “not really”

Donghae: “uhm.. want to grab some lunch with me?”

Minho: “reject his offer. Refuse it. Don’t show your affection”

Minho has a great point. As much as I wanted to eat lunch with him but, I shouldn’t be too obvious.

Yoona: “I’m going to eat lunch with my friend. I’ll just see you later”

Donghae: “oh? Okay”

Yoona: “I’m sorry”

Donghae: “it’s alright” He smiled at me and he looks frustrated that I said no.

 

Donghae’s POV

First time to ask a girl to eat lunch and I got rejected. This is a good experience for me that not all girls in this school are easy to be captivated. She’s still the same Yoona that I knew. Too bad, she didn’t remember me. How awful.

Jonghyun: “dude, are you okay? You look problematic”

Donghae: “I’m just thinking of something, that’s all”

Jonghyun: “by the way, is it true that you and Jessica are together?”

Donghae: “Where did you hear that? She’s spreading that virus again. It’s not true besides, I’m planning to know a girl”

Jonghyun: “this is interesting… Who?”

Donghae: “my crush when we were elementary and the best part is, I told her that we were classmates before but she didn’t remember”

Jonghyun: “ouch.. that’s embarrassing”

Donghae: “it is? Now that you told me, I think it is”

Jonghyun: “is she your crush until now?”

Donghae: “after talking to her again, I guess I do. My first impression is, she’s fun to be with just like our elementary days. And way back when, she’s really friendly and most of our classmates don’t say something bad about her behind her back”

Jonghyun: “I’m sensing something from you. You never talked this way before about a girl”

I shouldn’t have shared this to him. I’m sure that he will think maliciously about it. Well, there’s nothing to worry. He doesn’t know who I am talking about. But on the bright side, he’s right. I never talked about girls before, just now.