Fate Still Makes Its Way

Genie for your Wish

 

Sunny accompanies Donghae out of his bed since he needs to be transferred on a stretcher. They are already outside his room. Jonghyun is standing near the door, Yoona at the center of the pathway facing Donghae and Sunny, Jessica is beside Yoona and Minho is behind Donghae and Sunny. As they wait for the nurses to come, everyone says the words that they want to say

Jonghyun: "aigoo..you will be married after this..Fighting, Lee Donghae"

Jessica: "I know that you can surpass this. I'm sorry if I told Yoona" Donghae just ignores what Jessica said. Poor Jessica.. Donghae looks at Yoona as he waits for her to talk.

Donghae: "Yoona, please come here first" Yoona sighs then he comes closer to Donghae and he hugs her but she's not hugging back. When he is hugging her, she just imagines that he is hugging Minho as she can see him standing behind Donghae.

Yoona: "I did what you want because this is what you want. At first, it was hard for me but I agreed to it because you said so. I wish........that you.....will stay, with.....me" Yoona is looking directly at Minho's eyes. Yoona didn't say that to Donghae but it's for Minho and Minho knows it.

Donghae: "I will stay" Yoona breaks the hug. Donghae really thinks that Yoona's words are for him. The nurses are already there with the stretcher. The nurses accompany Donghae as he lie down on the stretcher.

Sunny: "good luck brother"

Donghae is now being brought inside the emergency room. All of them wait for the doctor to come out of the room. They are patiently waiting and are hoping that everything will be alright. Yoona and Minho are not sitting together but their seats are opposite. While waiting, Yoona has fallen asleep. Her head is about to fall so Minho immediately rushes to sit beside Yoona then her head falls at the top of his shoulders. She must be very tired and sleepy because she stayed up last night since Donghae does not let go of her hand. Everyone feels nervous for every minute that passes by. They didn't change their position until the doctor has finally came out of the emergency room.

Sunny: "how's my brother, doc?"

Doctor: "he's fine. The operation was successful"

Everyone takes a deep breath

Doctor: "we will bring him to his room now and you can just wait for him to wake up. By the way, there could be side effects after the operation but don't worry, it won't affect his health"

Sunny: "thank you"

Minho: "Yoona, wake up now"

Yoona: "wae?" Yoona is still half asleep

Minho: "Donghae is fine now"

Yoona: "he is?"

Minho: "Yes" Yoona sits properly and rubs her eyes.

She feels glad that Donghae is finally okay and he can start living without a thing that could bother him. When Donghae is already at his room, they all wait for him to wake up. Yoona is sitting next to Minho. Sunny approaches him and talks to her.

Sunny: "Yoona, thank you"

Yoona: "for what?"

Sunny: "for doing Donghae's favor though it is hard on your side. I hope that your parents will lke my brother"

Yoona: "I'm sure they will"

Sunny: "you sacrificed your future for Donghae to live" Yoona just nods. All of them start to wait again for Donghae to wake up. They are all aware of what will Donghae feel once he has woken up. After a few hours, Donghae's conciousness are slowly going back. He can hear small noises inside the room but his eyes are still closed. When he opens his eyes with effort, he can see the white ceiling but it's still blurry. When he can finally see clearly, he looks around the place. Sunny glances at Donghae and finds out that he's already awake.

Sunny: "Donghae??" Everyone gathers around Donghae's bed except for Minho.

Jessica: "Donghae, do you feel okay? Don't you feel any pain?" Jessica worriedly asked. Yoona doesn't know what to say and she just continue looking at Donghae.

Donghae: "where am I?" Donghae said unclearly but enough for them to understand.

Sunny: "you're at the hospital, Donghae. You just had a surgery" Minho already left without them noticing. Everyone starts to get nervous because Donghae is a little weird

Donghae: "who....who are you??" Everyone looks at each other, surprised that Donghae asked that as well as Yoona.

Sunny: "I'm your sister, Donghae. This is Yoona, Jessica and Jognhyun"

Donghae: "I really don't know who you are"

Yoona: "Donghae must've lost his memory. I heard that this is a common thing to happen when a person went to a brain surgery"

Sunny: "the doctor said that there could be side effect after the operation...no! Oh my gosh!"

Jessica: "you mean....Donghae has forgotten everything??" Jessica snobs

Yoona: "I guess so..he doesn't remember us.. He doesn't even know who he is" Yoona said gently

Jonghyun: "I never thought Donghae would turn out to be this way" Jessica and Sunny are already teary as they stare at Donghae who is like a kid that doesn't know anything. A doctor suddenly gets inside the room.

Doctor: "hello, is he awake?"

Sunny: "doc, he can't remember anything" Sunny starts to cry

Doctor: "just like what I thought"

Jessica: "is he going to stay like that for a long time?"

Doctor: "I can't say that he won't but there are some that never had their memory back. I'm really sorry" Yoona pats Jessica's shoulder and comforts her.

Yoona: "this isn't a very bad thing at all, Jess"

Jessica: "Yoona, Donghae forgot about you. Don't you feel sad about it"

Yoona: "a little but, look on the bright side. You can reset and start from the very beginning with him"

Jessica: "what do you mean?"

Yoona: "show him the Jessica that I knew before. Introduce to him the funny, clumsy and cute Jessica. You already know what I mean"

Jessica: "Yoona...but what about his...."

Yoona: "just think of it as an opportunity, okay? There will be no wedding and you now have all the chance to prove yourself to him"

Jessica: "Yoona..." Jessica hugs Yoona tightly and Yoona hugs her back too. Jonghyun feels really glad seeing the two having a good relationship so far. Though Donghae has forgotten everything, thinking about it deeper, it's not really a bad thing just like what Yoona said. It's not that hard to make new memories as long as you're making new memories with the people that are important to you. When Yoona is looking around the room, searching for Minho, it's already too late for her to realize that Minho was already gone inside.

Yoona: "Jonghyun, did you see Minho?" Yoona starts to worry

Jonghyun: "nope. He might've left the room without us noticing. You want me too look for him?"

Yoona: "I'll look for him by myself. Sunny unnie, Jess, I have to go out for a while. I'm going to go look for Minho"

Sunny: "sure" Yoona rushes out of the room and searches for him around the hospital. She is telling herself to calm down and just chill but she really can't. She's having a very bad feeling about it. Minho won't leave without any reason especially that he left without telling it to her. 

Yoona is trying to dig deeper on her thoughts, thinking some possibilities why would Minho leave like that. She doesn't want to think about negative stuffs but he can't avoid herself. She's thinking that, maybe Minho left because now that Donghae is awake, everything between them is over. Yoona knows well how Minho thinks and she bets that it's what on Minho's mind right now. She's still looking everywhere but there's no sign of him. Yoona is becoming teary as time passes by. It's already near night time but Yoona doesn't mind it because what she cares about is to find the guy that she loves so much. Nearly giving up, Yoona's tears begins to flow from her eyes. He's already 10 kilometers away from the hospital and she's walking alone on an empty street. She sits on a bench near a street light and starts crying. She is snobing and keeps on wiping her tears. When she looks on her right side, she see this familiar guy who is also sitting on the bench. Yoona quickly stands up and walks towards that as fast as she can, afraid that she might lose him from her sight. The gay is staring at the ground and you can on his face that there's something that bothers him so much. He sees the shadow of Yoona and he lifts his head to see who the girl is. Just by seeing the shadow, Minho can tell who it is.

Minho: "Yoona? How did you.....??" Minho is shocked that Yoona was able to find her.

Yoona: "why did you leave?"

Minho: "You already know why" Their conversation is getting so serious

Yoona: "you said, you're not going to leave me, no matter happen. But what did you do?" Tears flow in Yoona's flawless cheeks

Minho: "those seconds when Donghae was already awake, I realized something. After he opened his eyes, you're not mine anymore and it's really painful that I can't even take a peek to see what the two of you will be like in the future. I just love you so much, Yoona and I don't want to hurt myself too. I was thinking that I can endure the pain, but I can't" Minho snobs. Yoona touches Minho's face.

Yoona: "but you don't have to leave me anymore"

Minho: "what do you mean?"

Yoona: "Donghae has an amnesia"

Minho: "what? So you mean, he has forgotten.....everything?"

Yoona: "not totally everything but.....he doesn't remember who we are" Both of them pause for a while then, Minho hugs Yoona and she's a bit surprised.

Minho: "I love you, Yoona"

Yoona: "I love you too" Minho breaks the hug and he touches her face gently. He kisses her forehead then, he kisses her warm lips. Yoona kisses him back and she wraps her hands on top of his shoulder. Though other people can see them kissing, they really don't care about. Actually, the people think that it's really sweet to see a couple kissing in front of a crowd because it means that they are willing to show that they love each other to lots of people.

 

Yoona and Minho are heading back to the hospital. They are walking together while holding each others hands.

 Minho: "I really feel bad about Donghae. I can't believe that he has forgetten the girl that he loves so much. Are you sure he doesn't remember you?" Minho is teasing Yoona

Yoona: "do you want me to put you back inside your lamp?"

Minho: "okay..I'm going to be serious. It must be hard for Sunny and Jessica. They love him so much"

Yoona: "well, I feel happy for Jessica"

Minho: "why?"

Yoona: "don't you get the point? Once they've started from the very beginning, I'm sure Donghae will fall in love with her"

Minho: "ooohhh.you're right. I haven't thought of that one" Minho and Yoona get inside the Donghae's room and they let go of their grip.

Jonghyun: "yah! Minho, where have you been? How can you let a girl look for a lost guy?"

Minho: "I just went somewhere" he rubs the back of his head "by the way, Yoona told me about what happened to Donghae. I'm really sorry"

Sunny: "That's okay. The important thing is, everything will be alright now and there's nothing needed to be worried about"

Minho: "yup, that's the spirit" Minho smiled cheerfully and then he glances at Yoona who is watching Jessica and Donghae together.

Donghae: "Jessica, that's your name, right?"

Jessica: "yes. I'm glad that you can remember now"

Donghae: "I would like to know who my friends are, they're my friends, right?" Donghae said

Jessica: "the girl with wavy hair is Yoona, that guy beside her is Minho and he is your best friend, Jonghyun. The other girl is your sister"

Donghae: "ah..unnie and chingu, it's nice to meet all of you" Donghae greeted them

Yoona: "those two look so good together, don't they?"

Minho: "just like how we look good together too" Minho whispered and Yoona elbows him. Yoona feels delighted to see Jessica trying her best to make a new relationship with Yoona. Though we might think it's kind of a bad thing because they are like abusing Donghae's current situation, there's still nothing that they can do but to make a new start and memories for Donghae.